It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient conspiracy: Tower of Babel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75So if you put 2+2 together, one could argue that the EU is on step in a plan to "rebuild the Tower of Babel" and unite the world into one nation as it was before Babel.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
a reply to: Punisher75So if you put 2+2 together, one could argue that the EU is on step in a plan to "rebuild the Tower of Babel" and unite the world into one nation as it was before Babel.

I have no problem accepting that as a true statement at all. In fact I think that is in fact the end goal of the bother the EU and the UN.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75So we can agree, good to know. I thought this was a good topic because of the hiEU connection I just want to hear what people think about the Tower having significance even today, albeit symbolically. And if anyone knows anything about the ancient tower story that I don't. There was just no need to try and slay me fot saying the real story unless you take the bible as literal history. Real story as in what is it's actual meaning and significance.

edit on 27-1-2016 by areyousirius360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The EU poster is very interesting, I'm glad you mentioned it because I don't think I've ever seen it before. The inverted pentagrams jump out straight away and the European Union building does look similar to the Tower of Babel.

If the Tower of Babel did in fact exist, then it would reasonable to assume the builders could still be around today, influencing. Lets face it though, none of us are in the know about anything, we can't really say it did or didn't exist. However when little things like 'Venus makes pentagrams in it's 8 year orbit' or 'invert pentagram = evil' or 'Bohemian Grove shenanigans' etc. it certainly feeds the imagination and one can't help but wonder what is really going on behind the curtain. While most people are busy in their day-to-day lives worrying of bills or the younger generation follow and adore their celebrity idols. What's really going on behind it all? Are some of us merely making connections that aren't there? Or is there more to all of this existence then we are told?

So many questions, so little answers.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Punisher75So we can agree, good to know. I thought this was a good topic because of the hiEU connection I just want to hear what people think about the Tower having significance even today, albeit symbolically. And if anyone knows anything about the ancient tower story that I don't. There was just no need to try and slay me fot saying the real story unless you take the bible as literal history. Real story as in what is it's actual meaning and significance.

Well insofar as what you know and don't know about the Tower of Bable story, I would suggest Dr. Michael Heisers videos on the divine council. That is my view on it anyway.
It is hardly what most would consider "mainstream" Christianity, but then again the truth of the matter is the Bable Narrative is not generally discussed in Churches to begin with.

Understanding that I being a Christian do believe in the supernatural, (i.e. I do have a biased view on the topic)
I think Michael Heiser has the best understanding of the narrative and what its implications are on the supernatural level, and what the tower of Bable has to do with people today.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75I wouldn't trust him he is not reliable imo. I don't like how he rose to fame by attacking Sitchin. If he had something to say to the world he could have done so more honorably.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

Deu 32:8 When the Most High gave nations as their inheritance, when he separated the human race, he set boundaries for the people according to the number of the children of God.
Deu 32:9 For the LORD's portion is his people; Jacob is his allotted portion. ISV
Two things to make note of from this . The part of let us go down and confuse them at babel are sons of God while at the same time (Israel) did not exist .God later called Abraham and through his seed man would be blessed . The rest of the human families had a lesser god (sons of God ) lead and teach them . This seems to me where we get the pantheon of gods who were angelic but were not really gods . At least ones that could create . That is why God told Israel not to follow after the other gods but to remain loyal to Him .

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1That's the modern, not ancient interpretation. Ancient Canaan, where the Israelites were from, had the Sons of God as lesser gods, YHWH included. Now we are told sons of God means the angels, but angel means messenger and the Sons of God were rulers of the nations. Angelology was largely adapted from Zoroastrianism.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1I merely referenced Deuteronomy to show YHWH is not the Most High God.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Punisher75I wouldn't trust him he is not reliable imo. I don't like how he rose to fame by attacking Sitchin. If he had something to say to the world he could have done so more honorably.

Eh I think he is credible partially because of his Stitchen work. I don't think there is anything dishonorable by pointing out that someones scholarly work is incoherent to what the actual text knows.
I mean Stitchen made the claims he made and wanted to be taken seriously by the Academic and scholarly community. Part of that vetting process is being peer reviewed.
If anything Michael Heiser took his claims much more seriously than the rest because he actually bothered to discuss them at all.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75
Ill give him a listen, has anyone found the Tower story in any excavations like how they found many that Genesis borrows upon?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Shiloh7
Yes Yahweh does have credibility problems. It's worth mentioning that it is YHWH behind this and not the Most High God of the ancient world. There was a time when the two were distinct from one another.

The meaning of the word is pointing to the source "the existing ONE".

But the Jews failed to describe it fully and created small minded simplifications (idols) and used duallistic manipulation on each other to make themselves be special vs the others who did not join their group or where of their linage.

Same duallistic manipulation can be found in the Quran and Paul additions to the new testament. Those with logical awareness will see it for what it is.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittleWhy is that? Can you be more specific? There WAS a time when YHWH was not originally the Most High God, who is rarely mentioned. Yahweh could mean many things, but I know it comes from AhaYAH which means basically I AM. It doesn't matter though, not to the fact that he was/is not the Most High God. You need the right translation to find it, but it is backed up by stone tablets that have been uncovered in the past few centuries.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittleCanaanites, Israelites, Babylonians all had the Most High God

edit on 27-1-2016 by areyousirius360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

I am on the OPs side
It's a valid question and many times theologians have missed the deeper understanding of the text
It's not circular reasoning, it's searching scripture, what all Christians are called to do

When Christ held up the coin and asked who's image was on the coin, it had nothing to do with paying taxes, though the church still teaches that

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

Well, in reality, it also represents one group (going by the biblical tale) not coming together, but being punished and dispersed throughout the globe--hardly the symbol I would use to show coming together and unity.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
mene mene tekel parsin.
Midnight in Babylon:

Belshazzar's feast, or the story of the writing on the wall (chapter 5 in the Book of Daniel) tells how Belshazzar holds a great feast and drinks from the Temple vessels. A hand appears and writes on the wall. The terrified Belshazzar calls for his wise men, but they are unable to read the writing.
The queen advises him to send for Daniel, renowned for his wisdom. Daniel reminds Belshazzar that his father Nebuchadnezzar, when he became arrogant, was thrown down until he learned that God has sovereignty over the kingdom of men.
Belshazzar had likewise blasphemed God, and so God sent this hand. Daniel then reads the message and interprets it: God has numbered Belshazzar's days, he has been weighed and found wanting, and his kingdom will be given to the Medes and the Persians.
That very night Belshazzar the Chaldean (Babylonian) king was killed, and Darius the Mede received the kingdom.
— Daniel 5:30-31[1]

link

Some have chosen other places in the south where the Tower of Babel might be, making the case that “Babylon” was a title sometimes applied to other cities (Dalley 2008). An example is the ruin called Birs Nimrud at Borsippa (about 18 km [11 miles] southwest of Babylon), an attractive candidate because it even carries Nimrod’s name (Halley 1965, p. 83; Jones 1897, pp. 3–4; Lowy 1893, pp. 229–230). The ancient city of Eridu in South Mesopotamia is conjectured by many as the original Babylon of Babel fame because of its age, its large, ancient ziggurats, and similarities between the cities (for example, both Eridu and Babylon had temples called Esagila) (Rohl 1998, pp. 222–223).

link II

The conspiracy freak in me thiks that it is interesting, like magic, the EU is using this symbols while the invasion from Syria might be its end. Probably more out of stupidity than pre-planned though.

and their gods:

Babylonians
The Amorite, Babylonians gained dominance over southern Mesopotamia by the mid-seventeenth century BCE. During the Old Babylonian Period, the Sumerian and Akkadian languages were retained for religious purposes; the majority of Sumerian mythological literature known to historians today comes from the Old Babylonian Period,[1] either in the form of transcribed Sumerian texts (most notably the Babylonian version of the Epic of Gilgamesh) or in the form of Sumerian and Akkadian influences within Babylonian mythological literature (most notably the Enûma Eliš). The Sumerian-Akkadian pantheon was altered, most notably with the introduction of a new supreme deity, Marduk. The Sumerian goddess Inanna also developed the counterpart Ishtar during the Old Babylonian Period.

link III

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

a reply to: jjkenobi
Great points, I concur and thanks for the compliment. I see this from an ancient perspective so when it says YHWH I consider the fact that the world at this time was void of monotheism and they did indeed believe YHWH was one of the Sons of God and NOT the Most High God. After the nations are divided each gets its own God, Israel going to YHWH as you can read in Deuteronomy. So YHWH was the instigator and the one, as always, trying to hinder our evolution. But not the Most High God who apparently doesn't interfere often.

It's funny, you make comments like these
They are baseless and invalid, take what is written and add assumption to justify your own beliefs

I am sure there is more to the Babel story
but what is written here, pure gnostic fantasy, you concur? with what, imagination of a fellow gnostic, baseless assumption?
Kind of makes it clear why not many take you seriously, or just blatantly antagonistic.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Great info these Gods were later , reduced to mere vain idols over time with no attempt to preserve the original tradition. More like it was simply phased out when the concept of monotheism took shape. Later still Satan gets a new job in the old testament complete with a nee background story not supported by scripture. Jewish tradition was not taught in its entirety to goyim.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
Im sorry for whatever upset you but im correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join