It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Straw that breaks the camel's back

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Lovely, how right you are!

ETA: But, in a time of need or desire it is easy to separate yourself from that chip.

edit on 26/1/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
a reply to: eXia7

Take a hammer and smash the chip. BTW, if you are carrying those they can be read from something like 100ft away. They make wallets that will conceal the RF signal from getting out in such a case.

Hmm, I'll have to look into this more. I'd hate to smash the chip in my debit card then it doesn't work. I use my cards on a daily basis for my business and personal stuff.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Most Americans will put up with the mess as long as our justice department and supreme court stand firmly on the side of the Constitution.

Once we see the JD and SC throwing our Constitution out the window or using it as so much toilet paper or re-writing it according to the way they want it to read, that, imo, will be the straw.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: spirit_horse

ohh good one, abolishing the cash system. Being forced to deal with a cashless society, and lose total control over finances.

Perhaps they are letting all of these refugees and immigrants flood these countries so they can dilute the free thinking population and create more mindless drones to replace those who push for change? There could be many angles that can cause revolt it seems. What would it be to unite the collective as they say?

So far it seems like we have Guns, Microchips, Cashless Society

I know I would revolt over them forcing a chip on me for tracking, surveillance, and ability to engage the economic system. I see it being with cards initially as people are getting used to it already and they have many with chips already. The cash going away is going to be sold as a way to stop crime, i.e. drug dealing, robbery, etc. After they have the cash removed, then, they will say the cards can be stolen and used by others, so we have to get rid of the cards and go with RF and Bio-metric security. That would cause a lot of people problems I would think.

Everyone already has a tracking chip... it is called your cell phone.

This is how I view it also. These phones are so advanced, and will continue to evolve even more.. GPS is already pretty handy for tracking, so no need for a chip.. because then people would know something was up. Currently, people willingly purchase tracking devices

This is what is so nefarious. We already have tracking devices, cashless society, etc. People are just so comfortable and the devices so convenient, they don't see how in a way, we are already living in a dystopian nightmare.

I was reading a story about Officer Glinwicz. This was the cop in Fox Lake, IL who people thought got shot, but he actually killed himself because he was about to be exposed for stealing money. Anyway, the article casually mentioned that investigators knew something was wrong with his story because cellphone records showed he was at the crime scene like 30 minutes prior to the distress call coming in. In other words, using his cell phone they were able to backtrack his location. Not only that, the article also mentions that Quantico (a la, FBI) pulled all 6500 of his text messages to find evidence of his financial wrong doing.

There is a data record of everything we do already. It is nearly impossible to get off the grid. We already have the mark of the beast so to speak.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Most Americans will put up with the mess as long as our justice department and supreme court stand firmly on the side of the Constitution.

Once we see the JD and SC throwing our Constitution out the window or using it as so much toilet paper or re-writing it according to the way they want it to read, that, imo, will be the straw.

Well haven't they kind of already done that when they pulled off Fast and Furious - Operation gun walker, then try and ban guns every other day? Nobody was prosecuted and never will be, even though a person lost their life. Same with benghazi / clinton email scandal, they aren't trying to stop that BS. They were pretty quick to label Edward Snowden as a traitor after he exposed the government.

There have been a few instances where they kind of said F* the constitution, we're doing what we want.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
a reply to: spirit_horse

Unfortunately I disagree, I think a lot of people routinely call for rounding up various ethnic groups or particular religions in many countries. Just look at recent rhetoric in the press - Trump on Islam for instance.

So that may be another 'straw' for some.

Every civilisation before us has gone through the same thing - by the time average person is comfortable in life the corruption at the top is so entrenched that things start to fall apart while the once irate and independent populous has come to rely completely on the state and big business.

I agree people are comfortable now. But, that would probably not be the case in a situation of economic collapse which may be right at the door. Some of the ideas I have heard is them making cashless societies so they can drive economics by forcing you to buy or suffer negative interest rates.

I also consider the fact that the Christian and Muslim followers will revolt at the mere idea of being forced to take a "mark of the beast". If you think the situation is bad now, try and force that on the people.

And at some point, people feel the absolute need to own firearms for hunting, for self protection as the police are not able to protect you and have said so too many times to count, gun grabbing is enough to set off a large part of the population and if you don't think so I will say just stand by.

edit on 26/1/16 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Hmm, I'll have to look into this more. I'd hate to smash the chip in my debit card then it doesn't work. I use my cards on a daily basis for my business and personal stuff.

Minimally get an RF protected wallet to carry them in. I don't know how the chip could provide more security though, with the exception that any copies would need whatever code or S/N was programmed into the chip guaranteeing authenticity. But, I don't think the readers are in place yet with the exception of some banks.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
When...?
When food gets to be more than 35% of average income....
When gun confiscation is enacted.....
When the banks / financial system is exposed for what it truly is.....and all faith is lost in the pyramid scheme...
When the majority of housewives get pissed off about these things too....
Then.......

edit on 26-1-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
A binary situation of broken/unbroken isn't how good vs evil works.

Time to do all you can to promote what you feel is good is now.
Supporting evil in hopes of better tomorrows is what causes evil.

Backs heal. Lots of straw now yes.
edit on 22407v2016Tuesday by wisvol because: too long

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Well haven't they kind of already done that when they pulled off Fast and Furious - Operation gun walker, then try and ban guns every other day? Nobody was prosecuted and never will be, even though a person lost their life. Same with benghazi / clinton email scandal, they aren't trying to stop that BS. They were pretty quick to label Edward Snowden as a traitor after he exposed the government.

There have been a few instances where they kind of said F* the constitution, we're doing what we want.

Let's put it this way. Example: If the FBI and other investigations prove Hillary Clinton is guilty and they take it to the justice department and the justice department does nothing, or if she goes to court and somehow her case gets before the Supreme Court and they "creatively" and grossly misinterpret our laws, then The People will not go into that goodnight quietly.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There would be no single reason for me to take sides. However, if my life were under threat be it by government or citizens who can't take "Get Bent" for an rally cry answer, I'd rather leave.

No land is worth your blood. This one was founded with plenty of it, but it's going to go down drowning in it, and it's going to be the people fighting each other, not the government. I'll play no part in that Darwinism idiocy.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

What would actually be the straw that breaks the camel's back (you) ? Would it be mass corruption at an uncontrollable level? Would it be a nationwide censorship of the internet? Over taxation? What is the one thing that would actually cause a revolution? Violent or non-violent?

When the "doubted" anti Christ gains enough courage to tell the entire planet its rules (out in the open). Seems many are thinking or "hoping"? that it will be a contained or limited location situation. Naive ...
When it decides to tell the world its rules and many realize its not just a issue based in say one country this will cause revolt many speak of or postulate about...

Time of appearance unsure, so do not worry no doom, just sayen when that energy takes global stage and upsets the globe with its rules this is when 1 considers a revolt that can change the world would occur. It may even benefit from the destabilization-revolt so
Intelligence

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You need to look at past history. Countries like Romania, East Germany and Britain. Romania has the Ceausescu regime. They came to an end when the secret services came after a popular Orthodox priest. The locals couldn't bear the thought of him being interrogated or even tortured, so they hid him. The iron fist rule of the government vs. the love of a congregation for one good man set up a chain reaction that ended with riots in every large city, and Ceausescu himself addressing a crowd live in a football stadium. That only made things worse. The protesters managed to get onto live TV and ask for reinforcements from the rest of the country.

East Germany fell apart when the state courts ruled that border controls were illegal. Then you had everyone doing what they could to bring down the Berlin Wall.

Britain has had several genuine protests. There was the poll tax where the amount paid on each property was based on the number of adults over 16 and working. Students living with their parents had to pay half. If you were unemployed you were exempt. If you were a group of full-time students living alone, you didn't pay a thing. So in theory, a group of students could rent a mansion house and not pay a thing, while someone working and living in a rathouse in a sketchy part of town would have to pay full whack. After that was introduced in Scotland, the Conservative party lost just about every seat, and have been virtually wiped out in Scotland.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Not "perhaps." It's absolutely why they are doing it. A middle class enables a high degree of freedom in all facets and this flood from below helps them break the middle class. Make no mistake neither party likes that independent minded middle.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Modern revolts tend to be the result of long term economic problems added to heavy handed government tactics. When food gets expensive and your college age citizen suffer from very high unemployment you get discontent. Elimination of democracy, removing opposition parties and removing free press and expression, random murders of "disloyal" citizens and basically removing peoples abilities to blow off steam. These are all key pressure points for a revolt. Shooting of unarmed protesters tends to be the match that starts the fire. That brings dissatisfaction within the military and when then that happens side changes begin and a true revolt will begin. You basically have to push people to a point where turning your nation into warzone like Syria is preferred to everyday life. Of course you would then need outside backing. Americans for instance have guns but, they would be worthless in a modern conflict. The logistics of supplying and maintaining so many different type weapons would be impossible, not to mention training and operations being near impossible as well. So and outside source of weapons with standard ammo would be need ASAP so the population could be rearmed and trained by military that change sides. Of course in the US, if the population is armed they are likely to shoot at the troops first and ruin any sympathy the rebels would gain from being peaceful and unarmed. It is ironic that being armed would likely make a revolt harder in the US.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think that for people to effectively go to war against their own government and authorities, is a huge step and would almost certainly be grounded in a panicked necessity for the vast majority.

Trying to organise anything beyond forming a political party or arranging a protest would categorise you as a terrorist.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So as it stands. Guns, Microchips, Cashless Society, Inflation/Economic Collapse, Religion seem to be the order for revolt so far lol.

Very interesting dynamic, It seems like it will take A LOT for people to realize they are getting the shaft. There are a lot of infringements at a micro level that can set people off too. Maybe there is no one reason, perhaps it will have to be several things all at once.. but wouldn't it be too late by then? Game Over, NWO Life.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
I think that for people to effectively go to war against their own government and authorities, is a huge step and would almost certainly be grounded in a panicked necessity for the vast majority.

Trying to organise anything beyond forming a political party or arranging a protest would categorise you as a terrorist.

This is another issue that bothers me. How do you enact change if your actions are labelled as terrorism? It would be hard to organize because so many people view things differently.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

It just will not happen.

I am in agreement with that statement. The majority will accept whatever is the state of the times or are unwilling to take the chance for change. Too much work on their part.

I used to think it would happening but each year makes it seem less likely.

The fact that elections have become arguing over who is the lesser corrupt, money/power seeker of a candidate seems to back it up.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: blupblup

It just will not happen.

I am in agreement with that statement. The majority will accept whatever is the state of the times or are unwilling to take the chance for change. Too much work on their part.

I used to think it would happening but each year makes it seem less likely.

The fact that elections have become arguing over who is the lesser corrupt, money/power seeker of a candidate seems to back it up.

This is what gets me though, people see blatant corruption, have the power to make change, but don't. I guess it can all go back to the fact that your vote doesn't matter, and presidents are predetermined (so says the theory).

If our votes don't matter, and we keep the revolving door of corruption turning, then wouldn't that be a cause to force a change? It is like other posters said, people are too comfortable with their lives to even care.

I don't really plan to take a defeatist attitude towards the issue.. but it seems the majority might already be in this group.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join