It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Straw that breaks the camel's back

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: eXia7

Well then maybe you found the straw. No more internet for the majority of the population and no more outlet.

Possible. But, people can always do it the old fashioned way.. maybe they will go outside with their cardboard signs and soap boxes

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
For the average american.. when they cant feed their kids.. be it food stamps goes belly up... or nothing makes it to the grocery store.. then you will see full scale chaos.

for about 5-10% of the population.. I dunno everyone has their own breaking point.

Ah yes, how could we forget famine? When people are hungry they become desperate.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

That might be the biggest one.

People are hungry, the homeless and poverty problems out here on California are out of control and in your face everyday.

Major cities are seeing gentrification and the lower classes are being pushed into ghettos. The police are protecting the rich and the poor and getting poorer and poorer.

History has shown us that if this continues the poor will rise up and the rich will pay.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

People are hungry, the homeless and poverty problems out here on California are out of control and in your face everyday.

Major cities are seeing gentrification and the lower classes are being pushed into ghettos. The police are protecting the rich and the poor and getting poorer and poorer.

History has shown us that if this continues the poor will rise up and the rich will pay.

one man, he locks up the money
Another man holds the key

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

If you look at the stuff you mentioned, plus many other things, one would believe the pot is going to boil over soon. We have heard it forever, and nothing happens.. maybe everybody is just complacent.. Maybe the chance for revolution has since passed.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Yeah but the old way get's people to know and support each other face to face, which can have real repercussions.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

It can't continue. As we continue to see the concentration of wealth into fewer and fewer hands we will reach a breaking point.

Especially as our youth begin to see that they have no chance at living the same lives their parents lived.

It's coming.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Yeah but the old way get's people to know and support each other face to face, which can have real repercussions.

Very good point. There was a time when people worked together, but now a days through divide and conquer tactics, people are at each others throats.

Do you think people are too jaded these days to "honor thy neighbor", or do you think its ingrained in human psychology to be helpful to one another?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The funny thing is anytime a group decided to do something, we get all these armchair critics who rather than see the inherent cause, choose to criticize every little minute detail of everything said and done.

It's kinda of a reflection of the way many conversations happen on ATS. It's the micro cosm.

Rather than debate an idea, they pick apart your grammar or spelling, or comment on small details only rather than address the larger idea at hand.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The funny thing is anytime a group decided to do something, we get all these armchair critics who rather than see the inherent cause, choose to criticize every little minute detail of everything said and done.

It's kinda of a reflection of the way many conversations happen on ATS. It's the micro cosm.

Rather than debate an idea, they pick apart your grammar or spelling, or comment on small details only rather than address the larger idea at hand.

A good example of this is the left / right paradigm. Constant attacks on each other. Like a competition of who can trash the others ideals the worst.

Those are sometimes in the conspiracy world labeled *shills* lol. But I just call them trolls. Playing the devil's advocate is just how some people choose to debate. I've been known to do it myself. It spurs conversation, but it can be destructive also.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This is a unique thread. Good.

Hm. I've been thinking on this and I guess it would be if they decided to let our poor, sick, elderly, and mentally ill people die from lack of government support. The 'ruling class' wants to anyway, it's all there between the lines, but if they actually decided to do it, remove all support, I would arise from my chair like a Mother Bitch! Hell hath no fury like a do-gooder scorned.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

I'm not poking fun at any particular user, I'm just interested to know "what are the ingredients for revolution" so to speak.

OK. I think we've strayed a bit from your original. The main issue, IMO, is that in this country today it is not the case that "the people" are reaching some sort of line to cross that when "X" happens, "we" will rebel against, presumably, the government (or TPTB, if you prefer). We are too fractured for that. Any "rebellion" will be against our fellow citizens who disagree with whatever faction is out there pushing their agenda. The Left hates the Right; the Right hates the Left. If one rebels, the other will "counter-rebel" and it's the Right that has the guns. If things "get worse" then each side will blame the other and get more entrenched.

My little exchange with onequestion here illustrates the issue very well. The point is that there is no unity of purpose. For a real revolution to transpire, you need that, a real, understandable "Us vs Them" mentality, like the Bolshevik's against the Czar with the sheeple in the middle (who usually bear the brunt of the deaths in such a scenario.)

But here we simply do not have that. We have two major factions who are very pissed at each other. Both blame "the government" not because the government is inherently evil, but because they believe the government is on the other side, the "wrong" side. In fact, "the government" as a whole is just a massive bureaucracy that can't move fast. Look what has happened with Obama. He was "hope and change" yet what has he actually done? Little, not because he did not want to, but because he can't. The far Left is pissed at him because he didn't do what he said he was going to. Thank God for that, but it works both ways. A Conservative would be in the same position.

And really, the populace as a whole is ineffectual in bringing about change. Armed rebellion, even if you could convince people to actually do it rather than just talk tough, itself will not happen. Case in point: Congress has an extremely low favorability rating. last I heard it was something like 17%. Yet in every election the majority of the incumbents retain their seats. In other words, people aren't really pissed enough.

If they DID get pissed, they could throw the government into a Far Left or a Far Right position, and if a dictatorial person managed to gain control, THAT would be the defining issue that could precipitate rebellion in the classic sense.

Unless we get to that point, which is highly unlikely given the system, it won't.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The majority in the US are trying to keep a roof over their heads, and their kids and themselves fed. We have an hour or two a day to join sites like this and bitch. When folks cannot feed themselves or their children, the SWHTF, but not until that happens on a regular basis.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: eXia7

I'm not poking fun at any particular user, I'm just interested to know "what are the ingredients for revolution" so to speak.

OK. I think we've strayed a bit from your original. The main issue, IMO, is that in this country today it is not the case that "the people" are reaching some sort of line to cross that when "X" happens, "we" will rebel against, presumably, the government (or TPTB, if you prefer). We are too fractured for that. Any "rebellion" will be against our fellow citizens who disagree with whatever faction is out there pushing their agenda. The Left hates the Right; the Right hates the Left. If one rebels, the other will "counter-rebel" and it's the Right that has the guns. If things "get worse" then each side will blame the other and get more entrenched.

My little exchange with onequestion here illustrates the issue very well. The point is that there is no unity of purpose. For a real revolution to transpire, you need that, a real, understandable "Us vs Them" mentality, like the Bolshevik's against the Czar with the sheeple in the middle (who usually bear the brunt of the deaths in such a scenario.)

But here we simply do not have that. We have two major factions who are very pissed at each other. Both blame "the government" not because the government is inherently evil, but because they believe the government is on the other side, the "wrong" side. In fact, "the government" as a whole is just a massive bureaucracy that can't move fast. Look what has happened with Obama. He was "hope and change" yet what has he actually done? Little, not because he did not want to, but because he can't. The far Left is pissed at him because he didn't do what he said he was going to. Thank God for that, but it works both ways. A Conservative would be in the same position.

And really, the populace as a whole is ineffectual in bringing about change. Armed rebellion, even if you could convince people to actually do it rather than just talk tough, itself will not happen. Case in point: Congress has an extremely low favorability rating. last I heard it was something like 17%. Yet in every election the majority of the incumbents retain their seats. In other words, people aren't really pissed enough.

If they DID get pissed, they could throw the government into a Far Left or a Far Right position, and if a dictatorial person managed to gain control, THAT would be the defining issue that could precipitate rebellion in the classic sense.

Unless we get to that point, which is highly unlikely given the system, it won't.

Excellent analysis of the current situation in the USA.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Hm. I've been thinking on this and I guess it would be if they decided to let our poor, sick, elderly, and mentally ill people die from lack of government support. The 'ruling class' wants to anyway, it's all there between the lines, but if they actually decided to do it, remove all support, I would arise from my chair like a Mother Bitch! Hell hath no fury like a do-gooder scorned.

Well they already let the mentally ill die in the streets and because of the 50 million migrants from China and South America, the drain on the system is preventing us from taking care of the elderly too.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It could be better, but they haven't put them under the bridge yet, and they still have housing, food and Medicare. Everybody has a mother. It's the mentally ill they are targeting now.

oh wait... that's what you said.

edit on 1/26/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Well they already let the mentally ill die in the streets and because of the 50 million migrants from China and South America, the drain on the system is preventing us from taking care of the elderly too.

1/3rd of America doesn't want to take care of the elderly or the poor, we typically call them Republicans, yet many on here will claim that the elderly and poor are undeserving of any help, because "Damnit, I got mine, now you get yours"

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

What about disputed "death panels" do you think this concept exists? Do you think the public at large would be able recognize that happening to them?

Life is a tangled web, so many things that can cause people to "snap". I appreciate your input on the thread. I felt like I haven't seen this topic discussed very much, but I always see people making bold claims, I thought it'd be interesting to get into the nuts and bolts of revolution.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I know trust me I live in a place called Santa Ana CA and it perfectly illustrates exactly the crux of a serious problem.

It's nothing but migrants here, and there's literally homeless on every single street corner and a massive encampment at the city hall of 100's of mentally ill and homeless people.

I go for walks late at night and see people in every parking lot sleeping in their cars.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestionmartial law will be a currency collapse and a banking system failure.
This will lead to chaos that forces our military to intervene to stop the meltdown......
Just stay out of the crowds

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join