It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Straw that breaks the camel's back

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Can I have your stuff when you leave?
I intend to DISSECT the opposing group and I will need supplies.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

www.americanprogress.org...

The foreign-born population consisted of 40.7 million people in 2012.

And that's just what we know about.

How many don't we know about?

Come to SoCal and see for yourself.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
In my mind I'm already doing everything I can to fight the system. If 50%did what I do there would be no need for any from of violence unless the government lashed out in a drastic way to stop people from massive boycotting.
I usually take all my pay out of the bank and only leave some to cover bills. I boycott almost every major corporation and I do my absolute best to not buy food unless it's from a farmers market. Walmart and mcdonalds never see a cent from me and I'm using my economic power to combat corruption.
Their lifeline is our money and continued support so if we take that away we force their reaction. They'll either go full oppression and make armed revolt justified by the majority or maybe by some miracle accept a better deal for us all.
The most important thing to know is they need us more than we need them. A true revolution requires no violence .

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I saw chips mentioned earlier...popularmilitary.com...

As to what a rebellion would look like I STILL say this nails it..www.bob-owens.com...
edit on 26-1-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

More people have guns than you think...
www.slate.com... 263697

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

In any successful revolution in recent years the people take to the streets in such numbers that the military/security forces follow,you wont successfully overthrow any US goverment without one or more branches of the military being on side.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

In any successful revolution in recent years the people take to the streets in such numbers that the military/security forces follow,you wont successfully overthrow any US goverment without one or more branches of the military being on side.

This raises another question. Would the military join the revolution, or take orders? Are they prepared to sacrifice their livelihood for some protesters?

How would the military members know when its time for revolution, or time to defend the corrupt elite?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Probably Canada; at least somewhere with a "civilized" population.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
24 hours ago the PC crowd demanded and got increased benefits for those Asylum seeking Muslim men (that want to behead Americans for their God)
...who have more than one wife

Now, today the PC crowd in NYC, has gotten a favorable decision about bringing a Middle-East Tradition here to homeland USA...................

it will no longer be a crime to urinate in public as that forceful action is itself considered Racial Targeting

see Title: NYC May Allow URINATING in PUBLIC Because it is RACIST to Arrest Such Offenders
January 27, 2016

re: teaparty-news.com...#

thank god the USA is becoming more Democratized and Understanding...
the article also points out that crapping or masturbating on the streets is OK too...No health or moral issues there, wot?

INSANITY is running Amok after being praised.....

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This might not be the popular opinion, but that's all it is, is my opinion. I believe that what would be the straw that breaks the camels back for a majority would be the complete and total collapse of government assistance. If, suddenly, America woke up to a country without food stamps, Medicaid, housing assistance and welfare, there would panic on the streets.

I can't speak for what would be the straw for me, because I think it will be a culmination of things. I can say that I don't like the way the country is going, a fear for the future.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Twinsmom1981
This might not be the popular opinion, but that's all it is, is my opinion. I believe that what would be the straw that breaks the camels back for a majority would be the complete and total collapse of government assistance. If, suddenly, America woke up to a country without food stamps, Medicaid, housing assistance and welfare, there would panic on the streets.

I can't speak for what would be the straw for me, because I think it will be a culmination of things. I can say that I don't like the way the country is going, a fear for the future.

Thank you for your input. I will agree that handouts play a big role in keeping people docile. Like I had mentioned earlier, once people get hungry, they get desperate.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Precisely. I have a family member who is totally dependent on handouts. She's young and healthy but doesn't work at all, nor has she ever. The maddest I've ever seen her was one day when her food stamps weren't on her card when they were suppose to be. She called and cussed out whoever it was on the other end. She was furious.

Think about that on a very large scale.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join