It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Reported at Naval Medical Center San Diego

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

The person said chairs and what ever you can grab. Everything but a gun of course ... "because guns are not the solution" she said. I think slowly they are realizing that weapon free signs on the doors are not working.

link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

edit on 2620160120161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Jonjonj Reverend365

Thanks for explaining. Hopefully no one is serious injured in this event.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teddy916
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

What does "QRF" stand for?

Quick Reaction Force

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This was posted in the FB thread. This happened a few days ago but is in the area.

Not necessarily related, but I felt it should be included:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

That's great people are actually being trained for it! At least people are being given knowledge and a chance in these situations. Obviously being on a base will raise the number of armed and trained folks in this situation. Sucks this is becoming so common though.

I'm spoiled and the thought of facing a dangerous armed someone without my Judge isn't high on my list of life experiences.

a reply to: joemoe

edit on 26-1-2016 by woodsmom because: Added second reply link

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Why are they advised to fight ? That made me read it twice to make sure what I was reading was what I was actually reading.

I guess when it's a military building, advising to fight is ok ?

New protocol established last year:
"Run, hide or fight"

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

There are a myriad of options. The best one (in a gun free zone) to me is to shelter in a hiding place with an improvised weapon. Stand just inside a doorway, hidden, if the shooter enters your room, hit him with whatever you have. A fire extinguisher, a chair...anything to throw him off balance or possibly knock him out. If he's stunned, take his weapon. If not, at least you tried.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Pretty sad when there is danger people have to be told to run, hide or fight. Has society become brain dead or faces stuck in an iPhone.

"hangon, I'm googling Active Shooter to find out what to do"

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Just saw this breaking in UK. I hope it is false alarm and everyone is safe.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Why are they advised to fight ? That made me read it twice to make sure what I was reading was what I was actually reading.

Someone finally realized that when a maniac is slaughtering people, one might as well try to fight back rather than meekly waiting for execution. If enough fight when cornered, it will at least slow down the attacker and make things more difficult for him/her and may even incapacitate them. They expect to be the unopposed king of death and don't expect to be crowned with a heavy object or knighted in the face with an umbrella. It is also possible that some employees may have their own unauthorized back-ups available for a surprise party.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
From the FB thread:

I'm 1 mile away from the "active shooter". Local news are reporting that 3 shots were fired into the air and there are no reports of any injuries nor a suspect in custody hence the active status. They have locked down the school next to my house (San Diego High) plus Garfield High and Roosevelt Middle.l. No one allowed into base Noone allowed out. No updates past that. The Zoo .5 miles away from the area is still fully operational that came in as I was typing. **update the 3 shots were fired on the 3rd floor from one news report and one is reporting from the basement. Hence why we can never fully trust the report until an official update but there is NO NEED for bashing anyone while this is going on. ***update there has been an official statement from the Navy the shots were fired in the basement. 3 shots were reportedly heard by a single witness

This is 5 minutes ago as of this post.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This seems like another active shooter that is speculation. Hopefully it's not actually a shooting or some type of violence.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Fighting to save yourself or others from a killer is always on the table silly.

What should they do, beg the killer to death?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Run/hide/fight is standard active shooter protocol advised by experts.

See the following video for the latest (expert) word on what to do in an active shooter situation.

edit on 26-1-2016 by OuttaHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teddy916

What does "QRF" stand for?

Quick Reaction/Response Force

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

i rather live ONE day as a ROARING LION then a lifetime as a worm!!! hell yah fight back.. be smart about it but dont bow down and let them take you out like a injured horse/dog/cat ect ect. execution style

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
More and more it seems to be some kind of false alarm or drill. That would be good news anyway.
First sweep has found no evidence of gunfire.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

be smart about it but dont bow down and let them take you out like a injured horse/dog/cat ect ect. execution style

This is how I feel about it. I'm not charging a gunman unarmed from a distance unless there's kids around or something. There's a fine line that I think is incredibly dependent on the situation.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: starfoxxx

be smart about it but dont bow down and let them take you out like a injured horse/dog/cat ect ect. execution style

This is how I feel about it. I'm not charging a gunman unarmed from a distance unless there's kids around or something. There's a fine line that I think is incredibly dependent on the situation.

agreed.... i hope i never see the day it happens to me if so i will i will run hide OR FIGHT!!!

dont let the #er get u on your knees begging... i rather die

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join