It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness against Islam (Obama & other leaders-put to shame)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: anon72
a reply to: Boadicea

Hadn't thought of those who can not see the video. Sorry.

No worries -- and thank you for explaining!

Basically. Polictal leaders are to make decision for the country they represent for the people of that country. The leaders job is not to tell us what a religion is OR to defend it. They are there to be theologians.

They are not there to "end the debate" by their comments and expect us to repect or do as they say.

Obama saying Islam is a religion of peace is NOT for him to decide.

I totally agree with this. It is not for us to judge others, much less to use our judgment in aggressive and violent ways. We just need to worry about ourselves, and make sure we watch our Ps and Qs.

AND< why can't you watch videos, may I ask?

I only get so much data or bandwidth (or whatever it's called) each month, and then it slows down to the point where I can't watch videos without it crashing the display driver. I used it up for this month already!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

People seem to be allowed to trash talk christianity in any way they want.BUT,
you say anything against the religion of "peace" you are automatically labeled
a islamaphobe. Now you could even have law suits filed against you for speaking
your mind because it is considered hate speech.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth what politician trash talks about Christian? None. Donald trump wants a database of Muslims and to stop them coming to America. Save the Christian persecution complex. It looks a bit silly in the current light of day.

edit on 25-1-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Sargeras

So what does this say about an overwhelmingly Christian country lying to start a war in the Middle East and killing thousands of innocent civilians along the way? What does it say about a military that is 70% Christian fighting these wars based on lies? Does that say the same thing about Christianity as you say ISIS does for Islam? If not, that's called hypocrisy.

I think you missed an important point there.

When terrorists commit these acts they shout "Allahu akbar!" Or something similar. They commit these barbaric acts in the name of and for the glory of allah.

Unless the "overwhelmingly Christian" soldiers you speak of were shouting, "Praise Jesus!" while they fought, I think there is a big difference. Living in a predominantly Christian nation does not mean that everything you do is for the Glory of God. However, the same can not be said of islamic nations. The hypocrisy is comparing the two and calling them equal in nature when clearly they are not.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: anon72
I am sure most of you are as amazed, as well as confused, by how Obama (biggest example) and others-such as the Mayor of Philly are quick to get their faces in front of a news camera and state--- "Nothing to do w/ Islam" or "Islam is a religion of Peace" and whatever B.S spills from their mouths.

Well I started to seek info, hoping to find something that would make me understand better, the craziness over taking the western world. The video link will take you to a former muslim and his thoughts about the western leaders and their comments. Please, watch it all and listen to what he is saying. If you can dispute it, go ahead and make your argument.

Otherwise....... the west is doomed. (I couldn't get the Youtube link to work-sorry).

www.liveleak.com...

There isn't much letf to be said after this guy. Except... "Time to put an end to the Islamic Political Correctness"

Thank you.

Imagine Obama or others speaking up after a criminal breaks the law with a mass shooting and saying "This is not the fault of legal U.S. gun owners and none of the blame should be placed on guns. Place the blame where it belongs, on these criminals who choose to break our laws and cause terror."

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: mamabeth what politician trash talks about Christian? None. Donald trump wants a database of Muslims and to stop them coming to America. Save the Christian persecution complex. Itlooks a bit silly in the current light of day.

I was posting in general and didn't have anybody in mind while posting.
Christian persecution complex,thank-you for a good chuckle.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'

- George Bush

What's the difference?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'

- George Bush

What's the difference?

Can you cite reference for that statement?

Putting your faith in God and asking for guidance making difficult decisions is not the same thing as committing acts of terrorism to honor your god. Surely you must know how thin that ice you are standing on really is...
edit on 25-1-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Google it. He actually said it, it's a well known fact. I thought people were aware of this already?

link   

So what does this say about an overwhelmingly Christian country lying to start a war in the Middle East and killing thousands of innocent civilians along the way? What does it say about a military that is 70% Christian fighting these wars based on lies? Does that say the same thing about Christianity as you say ISIS does for Islam? If not, that's called hypocrisy.

Um, all the Middle East is ran by countries that are in fact Islamic governments.

No western nation, unless you count Rome, is a Christian government.

They are governments of people of any religious backgrounds, that happened to be Christian majority.

Not even in the same ballpark.

link   

Except for the fact in almost every Islamic dominated country on earth they treat women as property, stone them for adultery if they get raped burn witches, kill blasphemers , kill homosexuals.... Etc....

But yes, besides all of that stuff, and the fact none of it happens in single Christian dominated country on earth..... They are the same.

The reason we don't see things like rampant religiously inspired murder of homosexuals in this country isn't because there aren't Christians who don't fully support it but rather because we have a secular government and secular laws. Don't for a moment believe there aren't millions of Christians out there who support things like stoning various people to death. In recent months, evangelist Kevin Swanson has been getting more media attention than normal because he threw a Christian bigotry fest attended by 3 GOP presidential candidates in November. Kevin Swanson is well known for advocating the death penalty for homosexuals and he even reiterated his position at the aforementioned convention:

“There are instances in which both the Old and New Testament speak to the matter with unbelievable clarity. You know what that sin is – it’s the sin of homosexuality. In fact in Romans 1 Paul affirms that this particular sin is worthy of death. The Old and New Testament, I believe both speak with authority and we outta receive it.”

Here's the video:

This is at an event attended by Ted Cruz (and his crazy father), Mike Huckabee and Bobby Jindal. Not exactly fringe is it?

Have you ever heard of Uganda? As of the 2002 census, they were 85% Christian. In Uganda the minimum penalty for homosexuality is 2 years and the maximum penalty is life imprisonment. They've also had repeated efforts to pass legislation upping the punishment to include the death penalty — legislation publicly supported by Kevin Swanson and other American Christian clergy members. How about PNG? 96% of the citizens of Papua New Guinea identify as Christian and they torture and burn witches there.

I've already proven you wrong but if necessary, I can go on.

What makes countries in the West better isn't Christianity. It's the rule of secular law and the result of progressive civil rights movements (often directly opposed by "Christian" organizations). Can I assume with your concern for the rights of blaspheming atheists like me and for witches, women and homosexuals, you'll not be voting for Ted Cruz or Donald Trump?
edit on 2016-1-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

USA is not a "Christian" country. The ideals of liberty and freedom for all may have come from the concepts. Islam on the other hand is not a religion as much as it is a political system of govt. that enforces, motivates and controls the masses by injecting a vengeful Alla with Sharia law and a possible hope of heaven unless you die for the cause. Then they and some of their family get in automatically. Pull your brain out out of your self -rightous head and lean the history of Islam. They have been butchers from the begining for almost 1500 yrs. The only "peace" in Islam is surrender. The Quran and suppliments to it contain instructions in them to conquer the world which is their pupose. Really PC

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Google it. He actually said it, it's a well known fact. I thought people were aware of this already?

I did google it, and no, he never said it. They even went as far as to say it was absurd.

At the briefing, a reporter asked if McClellan was aware of the comments ascribed to President Bush and McClellan replied, "No, that's absurd. He's never made such comments." Pushed further about the statements, McClellan responded, "No, I checked into that [BBC] report and I stand by what I just said."

link

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Islam IS a religion of peace for the most part, it wasn't until ISIS started committing genocide in its name that it became perceived as a religion of violence.

Are you kidding me? Do you not pay attention to whats happening in the world?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

a reply to: stargatetravels

Excuse me, it wasn't until the false flag of 9/11 that Islam was considered a religion of violence. Did some people think it was violent before 9/11? Sure, but not nearly to the extent we see today. People have drank the kool-aid.

Unless you read the history of Muhammad the inventor of Islam, including the Koran.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bdjma2020

The U.S.A. is no longer a christian nation it has been "hijacked" by
atheists and other secular minded individuals.
Most people don't want to know the truth about islam.They want to
believe the garbage they are spoon-fed into believing is the truth.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

a reply to: stargatetravels

Excuse me, it wasn't until the false flag of 9/11 that Islam was considered a religion of violence. Did some people think it was violent before 9/11? Sure, but not nearly to the extent we see today. People have drank the kool-aid.

You said it wasn't considered violent before ISIS - ISIS have been in existence for less than 3 years, 9/11 happened over 15 years ago - so, um, Yeah, do the math.
I don't think you actually have any idea of what You're talking about or any idea about the history of radical, extremist and terrorist Islamist factions.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Except for the fact in almost every Islamic dominated country on earth they treat women as property, stone them for adultery if they get raped burn witches, kill blasphemers , kill homosexuals.... Etc....

But yes, besides all of that stuff, and the fact none of it happens in single Christian dominated country on earth..... They are the same.

The reason we don't see things like rampant religiously inspired murder of homosexuals in this country isn't because there aren't Christians who don't fully support it but rather because we have a secular government and secular laws. Don't for a moment believe there aren't millions of Christians out there who support things like stoning various people to death. In recent months, evangelist Kevin Swanson has been getting more media attention than normal because he threw a Christian bigotry fest attended by 3 GOP presidential candidates in November. Kevin Swanson is well known for advocating the death penalty for homosexuals and he even reiterated his position at the aforementioned convention:

“There are instances in which both the Old and New Testament speak to the matter with unbelievable clarity. You know what that sin is – it’s the sin of homosexuality. In fact in Romans 1 Paul affirms that this particular sin is worthy of death. The Old and New Testament, I believe both speak with authority and we outta receive it.”

Here's the video:

This is at an event attended by Ted Cruz (and his crazy father), Mike Huckabee and Bobby Jindal. Not exactly fringe is it?

Have you ever heard of Uganda? As of the 2002 census, they were 85% Christian. In Uganda the minimum penalty for homosexuality is 2 years and the maximum penalty is life imprisonment. They've also had repeated efforts to pass legislation upping the punishment to include the death penalty — legislation publicly supported by Kevin Swanson and other American Christian clergy members. How about PNG? 96% of the citizens of Papua New Guinea identify as Christian and they torture and burn witches there.

I've already proven you wrong but if necessary, I can go on.

What makes countries in the West better isn't Christianity. It's the rule of secular law and the result of progressive civil rights movements (often directly opposed by "Christian" organizations). Can I assume with your concern for the rights of blaspheming atheists like me and for witches, women and homosexuals, you'll not be voting for Ted Cruz or Donald Trump?

Um... I am not religious BTW!

And there is a giant difference between " some people wanting to do these things, and pass laws making it legal to do these things" and people that do these things, and have laws that allow these things.

You used Uganda as an example?

Lol!
that is hilarious, because Uganda is a third world # hole! Why not use north Korea as an example of somthing...

Because your comparison long Uganda to any place outside of the third world is laughable.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Let's go ahead and read the OT and count how many people God killed or ordered to be killed. But let me guess, that's why the NT was written? So God could correct his mistakes?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

A whitehouse spokesman saying he wasn't aware that Bush had said those words proves what?

edit on 25-1-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join