It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness against Islam (Obama & other leaders-put to shame)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: butcherguy

Let's go ahead and read the OT and count how many people God killed or ordered to be killed. But let me guess, that's why the NT was written? So God could correct his mistakes?

These because comparing ancient history to modern times makes any sense at all.....

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

They should do background checks on everybody. I honestly don't believe Christians have any more of a hidden agenda than to pray for and love thier enemies while hoping for opportunities to share that Christ died once for all. Sheading of blood for God by God has been done. Peace on earth and good will. Sheep among wolves for sure. Having said that , if Donald Trump, Rand Pauls' somewhat polar ideals on international military intervention and protecting constitutionally mandated borders are based on the True Islamic Conspiricy that confronts the world they should share it out loud in public.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Let's go ahead and read the OT and count how many people God killed or ordered to be killed. But let me guess, that's why the NT was written? So God could correct his mistakes?

Maybe! Works for me, because one reason I left religion was the hypocrisy amongst it's most rabid followers. We don't need a religion to tell us how to treat each other as human beings do we? I don't care what religion you might believe in, if you think it is right to kill someone based upon a religious belief, then you don't show much respect towards those whom are peaceful that believe in the same religion do you?

Maybe it is time for those of you who believe in Islam to break away and create a different version of your faith that doesn't promote bloodshed? It isn't ground breaking to think that way because it has happened since the creation of man believe in a high power hasn't it?

Take a look at how many different denominations of Christianity that now exists! They all believe in the same God, but they have their differences of opinions......

Create a new label, it happens every day!
edit on 25-1-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: anon72

THAT guy is wrong.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Great reply..........

How about telling us why he's wrong?

Actually I am surprised that is all you wrote! Tsk Tsk Tsk

a reply to: Kali74

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

Comparing the OT to the NT or Christians Is a flawed argument. The Hebrews were refugies fighting for survival in lands hostile and barbaric. People who practiced human sacrafice. Not a geo political hoard looking to conquer the world. The past and present goals of Islam are still the same. Same methods and excuses. Liars welcome. The new testament is for your mistakes!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

You didn'the mention the Old Testament.... you said something about there being no violence associated with Islam before the 'false flag of 911'.
Go check out the history of Islam.
Including the Koran.
edit on b000000312016-01-25T14:05:56-06:0002America/ChicagoMon, 25 Jan 2016 14:05:56 -0600200000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Vroomfondel

A whitehouse spokesman saying he wasn't aware that Bush had said those words proves what?

He didn't say he wasn't aware of Bush saying those words, he said they were never said at all. It proves there are other versions of what he said than poorly paraphrased uncited statements. So, I did a little digging...

The president described praying as he walked outside the Oval Office after giving the order to begin combat operations against Iraq, and the powerful role his religious beliefs played throughout that time.

"Going into this period, I was praying for strength to do the Lord's will. . . . I'm surely not going to justify war based upon God. Understand that. Nevertheless, in my case I pray that I be as good a messenger of His will as possible. And then, of course, I pray for personal strength and for forgiveness."

link

The most accurate quote is from Woodward's book:

Bush said he did not remember asking the question of his father, former president George H.W. Bush, who fought Iraq in the 1991 Persian Gulf War. But, he added that the two had discussed developments in Iraq.

"You know he is the wrong father to appeal to in terms of strength. There is a higher father that I appeal to," Bush said.

Reference: "Plan of Attack" - Bob Woodward
edit on 25-1-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: anon72

Look no further than Theo van Gogh, who after making a movie critical of the treatment of women in Islam, was gunned down in broad daylight in the street on his way to work by a Muslim, before having his throat cut in an attempted decapitation. Afterwords, the murderer pinned a note to Van Gogh's chest with the very knife he used to attempt decapitation. On the bloody note was threats to Van Gogh's partner, one Ayan Hirsi Ali, a former Muslim herself, victim of FGM, who escaped from a forced marriage, only to become an apostate and one of Islam's greatest and most courageous critics and reformers.

Hirsi Ali has been labelled an "islamophobe" by the outrage machine, insinuating her irrational fear of Islam, when her criticisms are nothing short of brave.

People like these are being murdered for being critical of this so-called religion of peace, and even worse, they are now being silenced by their peers.
edit on 25-1-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

When has Islam ever been a religion of peace? look at a world map and the spread of Islam through military means and forced conversion. Islam has taken more Christian land and the Crusades(while obviously horrible) was a response to Islamic brutality and forced conversion.

Just look at the map of how much land Muhammad conquered in such a short about of time.

Not to mention the only reason we aren't all Islamic is because Constantinople held for a thousand years of constant Muslim attacks and the battle of Tours

No, not all Muslims are violent, thats ignorance, but denying the history of Islam is also ignorance.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
He didn't say he wasn't aware of Bush saying those words, he said they were never said at all.

Common sense says that he can only talk about what he has heard Bush say.

In that very link you have someone else saying that he did say those words but that they were not taken literally.

Your link doesn't clear anything up.

edit on 25-1-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

So what does this say about an overwhelmingly Christian country lying to start a war in the Middle East and killing thousands of innocent civilians along the way? What does it say about a military that is 70% Christian fighting these wars based on lies? Does that say the same thing about Christianity as you say ISIS does for Islam? If not, that's called hypocrisy.

I think you missed an important point there.

When terrorists commit these acts they shout "Allahu akbar!" Or something similar. They commit these barbaric acts in the name of and for the glory of allah.

Unless the "overwhelmingly Christian" soldiers you speak of were shouting, "Praise Jesus!" while they fought, I think there is a big difference. Living in a predominantly Christian nation does not mean that everything you do is for the Glory of God. However, the same can not be said of islamic nations. The hypocrisy is comparing the two and calling them equal in nature when clearly they are not.

Some of the Christian soldiers did just that, though:

The Loyalists were (are) staunchly protestant and religion played as big a part as politics, undoubtedly. It would be disingenous to suggest that only muslims fight under the name of god.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Agreed.. which is why fighting to preserve "God" given rights this country was founded upon declared and constituted is paramount. Subversion by anyone or group is treason and should be treated as such. That PC should stand tall and bright. Someone proposed a constitutional review that hasn't been done since I believe early 1900s. We really do need to unwind current govt. in light of the intent of constitution. Its like a huge ball of chewed bubble gum.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Let's not forget Muslims had pillaged,raped, took slaves and murdered indiscriminately all their way north. The crusades were started about survival .

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bdjma2020

They did yes, so did the Celts, the Vikings - you name it, they've been pillagers in the past. The protestants slaughtered the catholics - it's never-ending crap fought in the name of a god who doesn't care enough to intervene.

Politics mixed with religion is deadly, I don't care which god they say they pray to. Claiming only Isis members say they're doing it for god, allah, whatever, is simply untrue. There's been as much blood spilt under the name of god as of allah.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Except for the fact in almost every Islamic dominated country on earth they treat women as property, stone them for adultery if they get raped burn witches, kill blasphemers , kill homosexuals.... Etc....

Shhhh. We are not supposed to mention those things. It's not nice to bring attention to it. Just ignore it.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

He didn't say he wasn't aware of Bush saying those words, he said they were never said at all.

Common sense says that he can only talk about what he has heard Bush say.

In that very link you have someone else saying that he did say those words but that they were not taken literally.

Your link doesn't clear anything up.

The man who stated that Bush never said those words checked the BBC interview and verified he was correct. Common sense...

You have made up your mind and nothing else matters to you. If you fight for your own perception hard enough you get to keep it. Grats.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: bdjma2020

They did yes, so did the Celts, the Vikings - you name it, they've been pillagers in the past. The protestants slaughtered the catholics - it's never-ending crap fought in the name of a god who doesn't care enough to intervene.

Politics mixed with religion is deadly, I don't care which god they say they pray to. Claiming only Isis members say they're doing it for god, allah, whatever, is simply untrue. There's been as much blood spilt under the name of god as of allah.

Politics in this new age of enlightenment has become much more deadly than any religion in our history on this planet! Actually, I am a firm believer that political ideology and those who follow it blindly because it is part of their label have made this planet MUCH MORE DANGEROUS that anytime in our so called modern world!

Politics IS the new religion of our so called future Utopia!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Hello seeker,

Nothing but blind faith, adoration and submission required? I think you might be right.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The man who stated that Bush never said those words checked the BBC interview and verified he was correct. Common sense...

Is it claimed that it was said in the BBC interview?

You have made up your mind and nothing else matters to you. If you fight for your own perception hard enough you get to keep it. Grats.

Yeah right, so the other people claiming to have heard him say those words must be lying because a whitehouse spokesperson's word trumps all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join