It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who's the weirdest? bronies or furries?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I have been a furry for over ten years. So I have a bit of a bias toward furries. But brownies have a cartoon. Furries don't.

But one thing I have come to understand about Furries and brownies is how much more civilized and understanding they are of each other. There is a divide and they keep that divide knowing full well that it is much easier to live and let live than it is to kill off or exile. There are a few here and their that are ignorant, but most of both fanbases are very mature and keep a strict bond with each one alike. Even though there is a stark contrast between certain beliefs between the mature, and immature audience. We even police ourselves. An odd ecosystem but a more fine tuned one on both ends.

I know you don't want to u sweats d them and make fun of laugh at us or bronies. But just remember there are people out there who do much more terrible things for money and pleasure. Just be glad civilization exists in both kingdoms.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
I would say "Other Kin" trumps both Bronies and Furries

At least bronies and furries sometimes make make cool art like this:

Got to admit, some of them have talent

I saw that on your pinterest when I saw your post about avs! Nice promo there!

(I will be asking for help with an av soon, btw.)
edit on 24-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This guy does a pretty good outsider look into what a furry is and why. He makes some good points as to why it occurs.

I don't really get the whole sexual side of the fandom/furrydom but they are pretty harmless and for the most part are decent humans.

Here's a good example of outsiders (wrestling fans) who made fun of bronies actually getting to know some.
Wrestling subreddit meets Pony subreddit

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
most of the time i am skeptical about it though.

Asexuality certainly isn't very common, but I know of an individual personally that really is Asexual, and have interviewed several others.

like did the other kin you talked to really feel that 'they' had no sexual attraction to anything and did not believe themselves to be male or female

Asexual is based on attraction only, not gender. They believed they were a male dragon, born in the body of a human. However, they had no distinct attraction to anyone or anything, at least from what I could tell through the interview. It was quite apparent, though.

were they just a creeper that was trying really hard to be different and wound up painting themselves into that box?

know what i mean

I understand how it can be seen like that, and in many cases people do do this. In this particular individuals case, however, their struggle was genuine.

originally posted by: reldra
I saw that on your pinterest when I saw your post about avs! Nice promo there!

(I will be asking for help with an av soon, btw.)

Haha, Yeah, I was stumbling on pinterest for concept art and that popped up, I didn't even recognize it was a "my-little-pony' thing until I read the persons description. I thought it was very good, regardless of the origins.

Feel free to ask for an Avatar anytime!

edit on 24/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thalestris
This guy does a pretty good outsider look into what a furry is and why. He makes some good points as to why it occurs.

That's a great video. I wish it was posted on the first page where more could see it. Sexuality and Paraphilias are incredibly interesting

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit
The internet is a scary place. It's all out bizzaro land.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

They exist outside of the internet, Skid Mark... Maybe even.... YOUR NEGHNBOUR!!?!??!! Or.... Child?!??!?!

DUN.... DUN.... DUNNNNNNN...........

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Is that Clint Eastwood? Looks like it. If it is, I think Clint has seen more strange things in Hollywood. He would be like "Meh. Kids. Now get off my lawn."

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Now I know why I saw that guy walking around with a dildo strapped to his head downtown.

Ain't nobody going to out-weird him.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You sure he wouldn't talk to a chair instead?

He's probably cringing at the pedo vibe.
edit on 24-1-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

You sure he wouldn't talk to a chair instead?

He's probably cringing at the pedo vibe.

LOL- the talking to a chair part.

Bronies sort of have that vibe, to me, but I don;t know much about them.
edit on 24-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Furries don't just exist on the internet. I would have broken it to you in a less scary manner than Ghost, though. LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Whats creepier than any of this is probably 2nd life period.

Watched some troll videos in 2nd life...

It seems like a real *special* place. Like it's what happened to yahoo chat after it lost all of its users due to How To Catch A Predator series.

The Internet;
You can erase your browser history, but you can't erase the memories
edit on 24-1-2016 by Lysergic because: C-SSRM 6

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Lysergic

Is that Clint Eastwood? Looks like it. If it is, I think Clint has seen more strange things in Hollywood. He would be like "Meh. Kids. Now get off my lawn."

oh you know its clint.
you quoted a line from the movie the gif is from
gran torino btx. great movie

im trying to think about what my furry alter would be.
maybe a purple praying mantis

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
www.abcactionnews.com... he really likes ponies.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I'm like a bird.

Actually more like a hard-ass pterodactyl.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147
I know. It's just all of the oddities you can run across.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The first I ever heard of them was a CSI episode called Fur & Loathing in Las Vegas. I didn't know if they were serious or not so I looked it up online. I couldn't believe there were people out there that did that. It left me bewildered, to say the least.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The first I ever heard of them was a CSI episode called Fur & Loathing in Las Vegas. I didn't know if they were serious or not so I looked it up online. I couldn't believe there were people out there that did that. It left me bewildered, to say the least.

Being a geek and in a Star trek club and that I play Magic the Gathering and go to conventions from sci fi to Anime...it maybe years ago surprised me, but not anymore.
I used to surprise the local convenience store when I stopped t get gas and sodas before a convention DRESSED in my Star Trek TNG uniform. They are no longer surprised. LOL

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join