It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who's the weirdest? bronies or furries?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
ha.
my wife is watching a documentary on bronies right now so it got me thinking about which is weirdest and i cant decide on my own.
so i am enlisting the help of ATS.

first. the brony

so bronies are like super fans of the cartoon my little pony. i guess technically bronies come in both/all?/ genders but they are mostly male.
the documentary said that bronies are usually males between the age of 18-30. super fans. dressing like the characters.
going to little pony cosplay deals....

very strange

furry

so furries are people that dont identify as a person i guess. instead they identify as maybe a purple raccoon. so they dress like a purple raccoon. you know. gotta go to why

brony

furry

im all ears

the dude on the documentary now is a big ole roughneck looking dude. handlebar stasche. harley mechanic.
he keeps going on and on about how much he loves it and how much he loves the message it sends.
how he wants to play in that universe

hahahahahahah

dont get me wrong i am all for individuality. i am all for people doing their own thing. i am all for people being fans of whatever they want.
having sad that ....

i dont understand(nor do i have to) people like this and i cant help but laugh.

as the great frank zappa said

----Whatever you have to do to have a good time, let's get on with it, so long as it doesn't cause a murder.---

^^^^^that includes dudes dressing like ponies but it also includes me making fun of them

on a serious note. i would like to understand the furry/brony thing. i just dont
edit on 24-1-2016 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...:_Friendship_Is_Magic_fandom

Some bronies are enlisted personnel in various United States Armed Forces, who have included the various "cutie marks" symbols from the show as insignia on their uniforms or equipment, despite not being appropriate practice for most branches, or worn only during training operations

thats interesting

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was going to say this is a clear sign of the western decadence, then i found this Russian video

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Taxidermy Conspiracy Fetishist.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Na thats nothing.

It normal compared to the Adult babys that like dressing up in diapers and sleeping in craddles and suck dummys ect

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

furries and bronies know no bounds my friend

these people are super weird. im getting sucked into the documentary.
i didnt realize how serious people take their ponies

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I once saw a (apparently) furry, it walked right past me and my friend, and my friend did not even notice it,, damn burnout,,

But anyhow brownies are more weird, that is just plain wrong..

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Na thats nothing.

It normal compared to the Adult babys that like dressing up in diapers and sleeping in craddles and suck dummys ect

oh those dudes are weird too. no doubt.
ive seen stuff on them too. dudes like to wear diapers and be treated like a baby. some kind of sexual fetish.
im still thinking bronies and furries are at the top of the creeper list

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Na thats nothing.

oh those dudes are weird too. no doubt.
ive seen stuff on them too. dudes like to wear diapers and be treated like a baby. some kind of sexual fetish.
im still thinking bronies and furries are at the top of the creeper list

Na the furry guys and girls are harmless. I knew 2 girls who were furrys.

Dont understand it myself. But hey whatever turns you on. No one is getting hurt.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Na the furry guys and girls are harmless. I knew 2 girls who were furrys.

Dont understand it myself. But hey whatever turns you on. No one is getting hurt.

never said they were hurting anyone.
dudes that like to be treated like babies in the bedroom are not hurting anyone either.

still creepers though.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

They just had to get in where they fit in I guess.

It makes me feel pity for them and I'll admit to being weirded out by them.

But afaik bronies allege that its not about sex while furries are pretty upfront with the sexual aspect. So there's that.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaryaNoxx

But afaik bronies allege that its not about sex while furries are pretty upfront with the sexual aspect. So there's that.

true.
they claim its all about the characters and the story and the message.
thats the claim

i suspect that they get timber from watching little green pones frollick around.
my opinion

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have two puppies, male, 6 months old, female 11 months old.
Last month she went into heat, and I was trying to figure out if I had to worry about a 5 month old getting her pregnant.
So I googled "puppy sexuality".

It took 3 pages of furry type weirdness before I got any information remotely medical.....
That reminded me of what a weird world this is.

To each their own.
Still weird though.....

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would say "Other Kin" trumps both Bronies and Furries

At least bronies and furries sometimes make make cool art like this:

Got to admit, some of them have talent

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

i had to google other kin.
dont know about trumps but they definitely go on the list of creepy # right along with the bronies and furries

en.wikipedia.org...

Some otherkin (such as elvenkin) claim they are allergic to iron (and products of modern technology), while other otherkin (such as dragonkin) claim that having no allergies is a sign of being an otherkin.[7] Some otherkin also claim to be especially empathic and attuned to nature.[7] Some claim to be able to shapeshift mentally or astrally—meaning that they experience the sense of being in their particular form while not actually changing physically

ahahahahahahah

edit on 24-1-2016 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Ghost147

i had to google other kin.
dont know about trumps but they definitely go on the list of creepy # right along with the bronies and furries

Yes, it kind of goes from odd interest/obsession, to an actual mental state. From what I know of bronies and furries, most don't actually believe they are a my-little-pony character, or a wolf. Where as Other Kin really feel and believe that they are a dragon, or an elf, or a cartoon character but were born in the wrong body.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Where as Other Kin really feel and believe that they are a dragon, or an elf, or a cartoon character but were born in the wrong body.

that is interesting.
wonder which public restroom they use

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Where as Other Kin really feel and believe that they are a dragon, or an elf, or a cartoon character but were born in the wrong body.

that is interesting.
wonder which public restroom they use

Haha. I'm not quite sure PC will make it THAT far.

I have actually had a chance to interview a Bronie, several Furries, and one Other Kin before. The Bronie was simply hooked on the show, some of the furries related their interests to a sexual preference (but not all of them), and the Other Kin had no perceivable sexual interests in anything.

So even in the odd states and interests, there seems to be a variety within the people whom make up their populations.
edit on 24/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

and the Other Kin had no perceivable sexual interests in anything.

i know there are people in existence that do not have a sexual interest. of course it happens.

most of the time i am skeptical about it though.
like did the other kin you talked to really feel that 'they' had no sexual attraction to anything and did not believe themselves to be male or female
or

were they just a creeper that was trying really hard to be different and wound up painting themselves into that box?

know what i mean

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The Bronies are stranger since My Little Pony is aimed at small children. Furries are more associated with anime and manga, aimed largely at adults.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join