It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: I could shoot people in streets and not lose support.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Donald Trump the front runner for GOP nomination for President says he could shoot people and not lose support.

In my opinion this is quite over the top rhetoric, will it damage him is the question?

What do the kind folks at ATS think ? I'd like some genuine opinions.

In my opinion it almost seems as if he wants to fail with some of the words he uses.

Thoughts?

thehill.com...

Trump: I could shoot people in streets and not lose support

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump thinks there's not much he could possibly do to erode his support.

Lauding his fans' loyalty at a campaign event in Sioux Center, Iowa, on Saturday, Trump said he could kill people and still be popular.

“I have the most loyal people, did you ever see that? I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot people and I wouldn’t lose voters,” he said.
Trump made the comments as he laid into National Review, the conservative magazine that published a series of essays criticizing him. Those who submitted essays against Trump include Glenn Beck and Brent Bozell, two conservative figures who endorsed GOP presidential rival Ted Cruz.

At the speech, Trump floated the prospect of suing Cruz over whether he’s eligible to run for president and also warned that Christianity was under “siege.”

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully
His followers think this is wonderful, like Cheneys friend who got shot in the face, remember that idiot?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Watch as the Trumpeters will appear and make excuses.

Hell he probably could shot someone and he is right the Trump crowd would just blindly cheer him.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Depending on who he shoots he'd probably gain supporters. There is a certain subset of Americans who this will appeal to.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
No, he really couldn't do that without committing at the very least GBH, at the very worst case scenario, murder in the first.

Trump off Trumpster, you're Trumped on this one.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
huh didn't this thread get posted earlier and then vanished ?

As I said in that thread,

Lauded for loyalty, or lauded for stupidity

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
Donald Trump the front runner for GOP nomination for President says he could shoot people and not lose support.

In my opinion this is quite over the top rhetoric, will it damage him is the question?

What do the kind folks at ATS think ? I'd like some genuine opinions.

In my opinion it almost seems as if he wants to fail with some of the words he uses.

Thoughts?

thehill.com...

Trump: I could shoot people in streets and not lose support

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump thinks there's not much he could possibly do to erode his support.

Lauding his fans' loyalty at a campaign event in Sioux Center, Iowa, on Saturday, Trump said he could kill people and still be popular.

“I have the most loyal people, did you ever see that? I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot people and I wouldn’t lose voters,” he said.
Trump made the comments as he laid into National Review, the conservative magazine that published a series of essays criticizing him. Those who submitted essays against Trump include Glenn Beck and Brent Bozell, two conservative figures who endorsed GOP presidential rival Ted Cruz.

At the speech, Trump floated the prospect of suing Cruz over whether he’s eligible to run for president and also warned that Christianity was under “siege.”

While the statement doesn't surprise me, I am pretty sure he would lose a LOT of support if he shot someone outside of self defense. Now if he was concealed carrying and shot an attacker, his numbers would be insurmountable by any other in his favor.

I'll call it now...he will be involved in a shooting similar to the manner I described above....all staged but his number will go through the roof.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Indeed my opinion you are just another minion of the fading control group

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Indeed my opinion you are just another minion of the fading control group

Which group is that specifically? I will let you know if so.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Just stop, everyone has a right to their opinion. ..Bullies try to intimidate others using tactics similar to your own.

FYI some people love what the USA stands for.. not the Hollywood elite or otherwise

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Of course it won't damage him. His supporters LOVE everything he says... The more hateful, the better. They make excuses for his words and tell us what he REALLY means. And when people come after him for his crazy comments, he becomes the victim.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Of course it won't damage him. His supporters LOVE everything he says... The more hateful, the better. They make excuses for his words and tell us what he REALLY means. And when people come after him for his crazy comments, he becomes the victim.

Agreed.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Depends how many we're talking.. I suppose I could let him get away with 6 or 7, but any more would be sickening!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well, he did say that on the hustings much to my surprise, I thought it was a hoax, that even he could hold back on a line like that in wake of mass shootings. I should have stuck to my initial opinion of him...aka he's a nutter.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Maybe Trump should resign just like that Colorado ACLU leader when he joked on Facebook

Never mind. Trump has Affluenza.

link   
Maybe he should try it, felons can't legally be president right?

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

No his supporters just want their non PC voice to be heard.
I DON'T like violence, racism etc..but as a chess player, I recognize the need to solidify our country before trying again

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Kinda neat.

Trump can *SAY* something like this.

Democrats actually *DO* something like this and still get votes !!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

In that case why doesn’t he try to shoot his fans…?

Trump is getting arrogant and thinks he can do no wrong.

Imagine that attitude with such power as a president.

As I said before, that 40 percent of the GOP empower the beast

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
A duel might be interesting.
har

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join