It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: I could shoot people in streets and not lose support.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

My honest first impression and opinion is that everything, at least in the West - and especially in America - has gone totally insane. I think he might genuinely be mad. After he did SNL, it seemed as though the process itself of memorizing comedic sketches etc actually re-tooled his psyche, and he has gone back out into his media campaign with a demented sense of humor...

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Dear The Donald,

PS. I forgot to ask in my first letter. Just who is this person you are going to shoot? Is it a member of ISIS? If it is, you are late to the party, because Marco Rubio already said he just bought a handgun to shoot ISIS.

Did you feel threatened by an immigrant criminal, drug dealer, rapist? Who on Fifth Ave is making you feel threatened? I hope to God you're not joking about randomly shooting someone .... you're not, are you?

I ask you these questions, The Donald, because in your book, you said, "I understand the Chinese mind”, and I really, really want to understand yours. And if you become president, I think the Chinese want to understand your mind, too.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
OK start shooting at them Don.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
He stand by and watched gleefully as his supporters beat his opponents or even innocents with nothing to do with politics so yeah as far as his hard core fan club goes they are down for waddevea..

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Actually, it's all about the economy. That is the basis of his popularity. The right see's him as this billionaire economic genius that is the right man to fix the economy. If you were to take away his trump card(too easy to pass up) of him being a billionaire then he'd be way down in the polls.

Most of his supporters feel that his economic credentials are teir-1 so they give him a pass on everything else because the economy is the only thing they are interested in.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
Do you honestly think he would do that? ...or is it more likely that he's simply using his whit to make a point?

...yeah.

This sensationalism is getting ridiculous. It's bs pc spin like this that's at the heart of why people support him and why he can say whatever the fk he wants... people fed up with this sh!t envy that.

lol every time he says something the left doesn't like which is all the time they take the stuff that he says and use the saying out of context to try and hurt his support base. He knows this so he says stuff on purpose to piss off the left. The result is it makes his support stronger and gets his name out even more which makes his poll numbers jump. Basically he proved his own point that hes Teflon

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
A "Howard Dean scream" moment to be sure.
I hope he can BACK his haughtiness.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Trump knows he won't get the GOP nomination so he feels free to say any crazy thing he wants.

Or perhaps he will stay in the race and force a brokered convention and bring the Republicans down, fractured and impotent so that Clinton can waltz in nearly unopposed.

Either way....Brilliant in a surreal theatrical sort of way. I don't think the Trump devotees can see just how they are being manipulated.

This election still has a way to go until it reaches the Palin level, but it's getting damn close. Cheer up...the circus is in town!!!

edit on 24-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
He could say he could shoot people and still win, and still win.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump knows he won't get the GOP nomination so he feels free to say any crazy thing he wants.

Or perhaps he will stay in the race and force a brokered convention and bring the Republicans down, fractured and impotent so that Clinton can waltz in nearly unopposed.

Either way....Brilliant in a surreal theatrical sort of way. I don't think the Trump devotees can see just how they are being manipulated.

This election still has a way to go until it reaches the Palin level, but it's getting damn close. Cheer up...the circus is in town!!!

Beg to differ slightly but it will be Da Burn ..and you are correct even if he loses the nomination he won bigtime for his businesses his name value alone on bragging rights is like Ka--chiing$$$$!! .,so what if the Dems sweep the Senate the oval office and congress..he would be like those Losers lost, I win I always win!

edit on 24-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: Gryphon66

He shot that guy in the head, I thought it was pretty funny. Did you see the way his brain matter spread out across the street? That was pretty spectacular. You just don't get his sense of humor. - Trump supporter

Trump would then be our first president to govern from the confines of a prison cell.

Dont be stupid even millionaires can get away with murder in the USA! As a billionaire he could shoot up a school and likley get away with it. He would just be called to rich to jail or suffering "affluenza" or whatever BS he bribed the judge to say.

Remember your criminal justice system is two tiered.
edit on 24-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

I always look for a bit of a street murderer mentality in the candidate I want as leader of my country. Who doesn't?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jobless1
a reply to: smurfy

obviously he was talking about how loyal his support base is and not about wanting to shoot people in the streets

Lol! What he is saying in effect, is that his loyal followers are buck stupid!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I know that one of the "understandings" that Trump supporters have is that they don't take what The Donald actually says, seriously.

This is one of the problems with Trump and the English language. It is almost impossible to tell what he is saying from what he says.

For example, when Trump says his supporters would continue to support him even if he shot somebody, is he saying that his supporters are like the supporters of John Gotti, or the supporters of Al Capone or the supporters of Chairman Mao, or Joseph Stalin or the German Guy, or is he saying that his supporters are putzes and just stupid, or is he saying that he is only now realizing what he could get away with if he were elected? What is the guy saying?

Sometimes I think I'm the only one in the world who actually takes what the Trump says, seriously. Maybe I'm dumb. I guess I don't get it. Trump is showing me the new thing in politics, the campaign without content. With Trump, standing on a campaign platform is an act of levitation because there are no planks in the platform.

Trump says that he wants a strong military and that he wants the United States to be feared. Again, what is the guy saying? Does this mean he is going to cut back on military spending? I mean, "feared" is a de-escalation from "terrified", right?

I'm terrified of the United States, so as an observer, when Trump says that he wants the United States to be "feared", that is a lower level of alertness than "terrified".

The problem is that I don't think that's what Trump means. I think, for him, "feared" is a notch above "terrified". He doesn't know that everyone outside the United States (with the exception of Kim Jong Un) is already terrified.

I don't know what the guy is saying when he says things. I think that is a serious problem for the voter. I don't think an election campaign should be conducted without a platform. Leave levitation to the fakirs in India.
edit on 24-1-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If he shoots Hillary or Obama, I might even vote for him.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

I always look for a bit of a street murderer mentality in the candidate I want as leader of my country. Who doesn't?

No, he made his point eloquently. There is nothing the establishment can do to him to harm him, taken in context that he was responding to a high profile GOP magazine hit piece with a whole issue of words published in order to sway voters away from Trump. All the high profile Right wingers are now on the same page as the radical Left wingers like a founder of code Pink and Hollywood elites who have issued attacks on Trump a day later.

See Trump has already done the impossible, got polar opposites like Jeff Beck and Code Pink to walk hand in hand, he is a miracle man compared to the Divider in Chief the people were forced to endure.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Wow. The support responses are absolutely incredible here. He wasn't talking about the "establishment" he is talking about his supporters (you may glean this because he says it directly). Basically stating 'My actions mean nothing, my supporters are in love with my persona'. Which we already know is true because of, you know, his actions fly in the face of everything his supporters supposedly believe. Dangerous as all get-out. And even when he himself calls them on it, they still defend. He's right!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If Donald shot a person, there is a fair chance that he would lose the support
of 1 vote.

Unless he were a registered, democrat, of course.

I hope he wises up, and fast.

Stupid, playing with guns like that.

# 577

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Gully

Of course it won't damage him. His supporters LOVE everything he says... The more hateful, the better. They make excuses for his words and tell us what he REALLY means. And when people come after him for his crazy comments, he becomes the victim.

It reminds me of how Obama can say out right racist things like the typical white person is racist, yet his supporters rationalize it away.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Wow. The support responses are absolutely incredible here. He wasn't talking about the "establishment" he is talking about his supporters (you may glean this because he says it directly). Basically stating 'My actions mean nothing, my supporters are in love with my persona'. Which we already know is true because of, you know, his actions fly in the face of everything his supporters supposedly believe. Dangerous as all get-out. And even when he himself calls them on it, they still defend. He's right!

I have to agree. He was openly mocking his supporters. He knows he has piled on so much crap that would make any 'normal' person run screaming from him, and he is saying he could go on a murderous rampage and his supporters are so clownsh*t crazy, they don't have enough sanity to disassociate.

It actually makes me angry that he's exploiting and mocking people who are genuinely desperate for real change and deserve better. But I am also angry at his supporters for refusing to admit he is provocateur. It's right in front of their faces. Trump's history and record says he is not loyal to conservatives, and the lengths he has gone to really proves he is loyal to...something else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join