It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think it's parkinson's

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Daavin

lowering my sugar intake won't be hard I'm not a sweets man, but I do like my carbs (especially potatoes and bread) that's gonna take some willpower.

Yes lots of willpower since the qty of allowed carbs in a ketogenis diet is minuscule... But considering the result provided, the choice is easy.

My spouse have MS, she is the one that had chronic pain. Believe me, there is NOTHING in life more consuming than constantly suffering pain. It will devore you, bit by bit. It is me that found that keto thing for her and in retrospect it is probably the best gift I gave her. Her being an ex medical technologist, she refused such kwackery at first and I had to ressort to a high level of "pressuring" to make her try this diet. Now she is so convinced that she will reprimand me when I consume carbs in front of her, being so convinced of the good provided by the keto diet.

edit on 2016-1-22 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

my morale is pretty good at the moment, I'm an optimist but I like to be a well informed one and there is only so much info I can glean from doctors and websites, if anyone knows of a good forum I could join it would be appreciated

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I will definitely give it some serious research, thank you

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

if anyone knows of a good forum I could join it would be appreciated

I would say, at first read the articles on wikipedia like:

Ketogenic diet

Then a good practical source is:

The Charlie Foundation

And don't hesitate to ask if you have specific questions.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

reading it now thanks

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I may have missed it, but ...How old are you?
I'm 51 and notice a tremor in my left hand from time to time, but mine is a boat load of coffee per day [ ok...age may contribute ]. As long as it doesn't effect my aim, I don't worry too much about it.

Hand tremors don't mean Parkinson's. Don't automatically assume the worst. -

www.mayoclinic.org...

Essential tremor vs. Parkinson's disease

Many people associate tremors with Parkinson's disease, but the two conditions differ in key ways:

Timing of tremors. Essential tremor of the hands usually occurs when you use your hands. Tremors from Parkinson's disease are most prominent when your hands are at your sides or resting in your lap.
Associated conditions. Essential tremor doesn't cause other health problems, but Parkinson's disease is associated with stooped posture, slow movement and shuffling gait. However, people with essential tremor sometimes develop other neurological signs and symptoms, such as an unsteady gait (ataxia).
Parts of body affected. Essential tremor mainly involves your hands, head and voice. Parkinson's disease tremors usually start in your hands, and can affect your legs, chin and other parts of your body.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Some of these neurological conditions takes years to diagnose, and you quickly learn just how little doctors really know about diseases of the brain. Dont be too surprised if some doctors, if they dont see anything that they think is relevant on the scans, send you off to a psychiatrist. Some honesy neurologists will admit it, and just say, "i dont know what is going on", but that gives you no comfort,AND you need a definite diagnosis for your medical aid/work/disability benefits, so those words, even though comforting, doesnt mean anything. have you been for MRI-scans? Some type of tumors are easily missed on CT-scans, but very visible on the various MRI scans.

Tremors, etc might not be an indication of Parkinson's, there is a whole range of other neurological conditions with similar symptoms that is very difficult to diagnose, one of them is 'Isaac's syndrome' or neuromyotonia, amongst a whole lot of others.

Do you have any other symptoms, like visual distortions, seizures, insomnia, no sense of taste, or sometimes hyper-sensitive sensations of smell/taste/ light sensitivity?

edit on 22/1/2016 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellhound604

yes I have other symptoms my legs, jaw, and hands will lock up occasionally, the tremors I have are at rest, I thrash about in my sleep (wife has been bruised a couple of times), there is a couple more embarrassing ones as well, haven't had the MRI yet I think that's the next test the doctor is doing.

I'm relly hoping it's not parkinson's but I want to gather as much info as I can so I can make the best decision I can make if it does come to that.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I'm 47 being that the tremors are mainly at rest doctor dosn't think it is essential tremors

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Learn some relaxation techniques, do some Yoga and meditation techniques. You are going to have quite a stressful period with one doctors sending you to the next that sends you to the next, who only sends you off to a psychiater, end when the psychiatric treatment doesnt work, you start from the beginning again. That at least is my experience. In the eand you start taking a deep distrust in all doctors, but then they say "ahhh, it is yet another indication of a psychiatric disorder", if you distrust the doctors and do lots of research on your own.

Wish you all the best of luck and hope you get some answers soon. I am in my third year of something similar, with no answers yet.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: Daavin
a reply to: Akragon

LOL
My doc is pretty good at not being a pill pusher It's one of the reasons I like going to him.

lol

Well, at least we figured out your problem

/End thread?

What the Hell is the matter with you Akragon? Go away and give this guy a break!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

OK, no biggie.

On the topic of the thread, I'd look at fats in the diet. Do a bit of reading about Lorenzo's Oil - Wikipedia

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Aspartame is hidden in a lot of foods....and soda.....watch what you're eating,and look at ingredients on pasta packages, etc, , and stop eating any thing that contains it. ....it takes several weeks to clear out of your body....but aspartame has been known to build up in your body and then mimic diseases. ....MS, Parkinson's, etc... By flushing your body of this toxin, you would see a big difference. There was a thread on ats about that awhile ago too. Im not a doctor,.....bit regardless , you shouldn't be eating anything with aspartame in it. It will only harm you, mimic disease, or fuel a disease....

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Yes...dont seek advice online. Especially here. I'm qualified to tell you 99% of fos here and elsewhere...are not qualified to give advice!
MS
EMT/ERT
Advanced Life Support

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I have hand tremors sometimes they can be severe and I had a few incidences at work so my boss, for safety reasons, put me on medical leave until I've been cleared by a doctor (climbing up and around oil rigs is dangerous on a good day). So I've had a full bloodwork and urine tests done, results come back normal. CAT scan done results are normal.

Going by these results which have eliminated other possibilities Parkinson's is one of the only things left, I have researched the disease extensively over the past few weeks and knowing some of the other symptoms now, I am leaning towards this being the cause.

My question is has anyone here been confirmed with having Parkinson's and have any advice for me on how to go forward, I have my next appointment with my doctor soon.

Hi there,

I also suffer at times from hand tremors and feelings of numbness, particularly from my left elbow down. It started in my mid '30's and was real worried it could be Parkinsons. Over the last 10 years or so I went to the doctors quite a few times, the last being about two years ago which led to various tests.

To cut a long story short, a neurologist prescribed the issue as potentially a condition known as essential tremor - (used to be known as benign essential tremor. This couldn't be confirmed as it would required an MRI which because of an accident as a child I am not able to undergo. If it is essential tremor, the potential side effects sounded more severe than the condition so I decided to live with it unless it should progress. If your doctor hasn't looked at this as a possibility then it may be worth suggesting it.

I'm responding directly to your post without looking at all of the thread yet so apologies if you have already been through this route and it has been discounted.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

a reply to: DAVID64

I'm 47 being that the tremors are mainly at rest doctor dosn't think it is essential tremors

Hi, according to the neurologist I saw, a CT scan isn't sufficient to confirm or rule out essential tremor, you would need an MRI.

I can suffer from them at rest, at work or at play.
edit on 22-1-2016 by uncommitted because: added second sentence

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Could it be some kind or carpal tunnel? When I had it, the symptoms ranged from pain, weakness, numbness half way up my arm to tremors.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I developed a tremor in both my wrists once. I had about convinced myself it was Parkinsons. After many tests and two doctors, it turned out to be carpel tunnel. I wore braces on my wrists for three weeks and it was gone.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I was having issues with violently twitching too. I wasn't depressed or experiencing any remarkable anxiety but I was working 60 hours a week and tying to maintain a packed social life. I was so busy, I didn't realize I was so stressed out. Almost immediately after I made sure to work less than 10 hours a day (unless there was a big event), stopped going into the office on the weekends and restricted most of my social activities to the weekend, they stopped.

Good luck to you and I understand your worry but *fingers crossed* it could be something as minor as tweaking something in your lifestyle. Regardless, I hope it's nothing chronic like Parkinson's.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Be cautious about self diagnosis, it could be a lot of different issues that are causing the problems you're having.

I hope it isn't Parkinson's and that you get the answers you need and soon! Good luck to you!!

a reply to: makemethink

I was having the same issue too, with hand tremors and arm and leg muscles twitching and locking up. It was very painful and because I have a history of autoimmune, the concern was that it was another condition popping up. Doctor said it was due to stress, didn't realize how stressed I was, working way too much with no lunches or breaks due to staffing issues. Once I took a step back, started making myself take lunches and hired more people, it stopped. It is crazy the things stress can do to your body and you don't even realize it's stress or how stressed you've become. My hair has even started falling out and I'm only 38.

Hope your stress levels stay low!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join