It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think it's parkinson's

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I have hand tremors sometimes they can be severe and I had a few incidences at work so my boss, for safety reasons, put me on medical leave until I've been cleared by a doctor (climbing up and around oil rigs is dangerous on a good day). So I've had a full bloodwork and urine tests done, results come back normal. CAT scan done results are normal.

Going by these results which have eliminated other possibilities Parkinson's is one of the only things left, I have researched the disease extensively over the past few weeks and knowing some of the other symptoms now, I am leaning towards this being the cause.

My question is has anyone here been confirmed with having Parkinson's and have any advice for me on how to go forward, I have my next appointment with my doctor soon.

edit on 22-1-2016 by Daavin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Daavin

Medical Issues and conspiracies?

Posted by a non-moderator?

Eh? ( ← Canadian)?

edit on 22/1/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

my hand hit some key by accident and it posted before I put in content, don't know what I did

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Have you previously been involved in a traumatic car accident? Do you have bulging discs or spurs on your upper spine? Sometimes they can put pressure on nerves and cause them to be inflamed. If you suffer with occasional anxiety, that can also cause your hands to shake.

I'm not a doctor, but my wife was in a traumatic car accident years ago and also she suffers from anxiety. Her hands shake at times and she's gone through testing before and the results have come back negative. She does have a bulging disc and 4 spurs on her upper spine resulting from the accident.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

no I haven't been in any type of accident, no anxiety either, I'm quite stable mentally. I do have bulging disks from osteoarthritis but that is in my lower back and I've had that for years. I don't drink that much coffee maybe two cups a day so caffeine is ruled out as well. I am a light smoker ( 10 to 12 a day) but doctor has ruled that out, I have maybe two drinks a month which also rules out alcohol.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Recent studies show that cholesterol is good for Parkinson's. It is like the good kind of "fat" that coats the neurons etc. That is one reason cholesterol meds are bad for you. So, look into healthy fats. Coconut, fish oil, omega 3. Plenty of info out there. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
You said you had full blood work, so I assume this covered vitamins in your system. The only thing I can think off is a severe vitamin deficiencies.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

yes, doctor has checked for that and hyperthyroidism as well

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

My question is has anyone here been confirmed with having Parkinson's and have any advice for me on how to go forward

Try a ketogenic diet ASAP!!!

Check this:
Solutions for Parkinson's Disease

Dietary treatment of Parkinson's Disease has followed two different tracks, one emphasizing protein restriction – an approach used primarily in patients taking medication – and the other recommending the ketogenic diet, namely a moderate protein, high fat diet, that has been found useful in multiple neurological conditions. I am most significantly impressed by the results with ketogenic interventions...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Could be lack of sleep or exercise... smoking

a Vitamin deficiency...

Never assume a disease, or go to a doctor to confirm it

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I'm on my fourth round of tests with the doctor, the CT scan has ruled out essential tremors, tumors, and MS, more and more after each test has ruled out other factors, Parkinson's is rapidly becoming the only one left on the list.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

Thank you I will discuss it with my doctor.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Well...

IF you keep going to the doctor eventually they will find something wrong with you...

Don't worry they have a pill for that..

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Getting on a strict medication regime soon as possible is probably the best advice i could give anyone. On ATS you will probably get people warning you off the meds but honestly i have seen what parkinsons looks like with no meds and its not pretty.

Also being prepared for the progression of the disease is something i would also think is very important
edit on 22-1-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

LOL
My doc is pretty good at not being a pill pusher It's one of the reasons I like going to him.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daavin

LOL
My doc is pretty good at not being a pill pusher It's one of the reasons I like going to him.

lol

Well, at least we figured out your problem

/End thread?

edit on 22-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I will discuss it with my doctor.

Not to put pressure on you, but if your doctor dismiss this option, consider getting another doctor opinion.

Also, it is alway a good idea to learn about your health and medecine. Remember that doctors are there to help you make an informed decision and NOT to impose a specific treatment.

It is NEVER too late to learn something.

In the meantime, it would be a good idea to gradually lower consumption of carb and sugar. Being low carb before trying a keto diet is easier.

Note: If you decide to go keto, don't simply think that since it is a diet, it is benign. It is not and can be sometime dangerous at the induction phase. It would be better to be followed by a competent doctor that support such keto diet effort, especially if you are not knowledgeable in health and diet matters.

Also, if you are diabetic type 1, forget it, ketogenic diet will put you into ketoacidosis in no time.

edit on 2016-1-22 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Getting on a strict medication regime soon as possible is probably the best advice i could give anyone. On ATS you will probably get people warning you off the meds but honestly i have seen what parkinsons looks like with no meds and its not pretty.

I'll make sure it comes up at my next appointment, thanks

Also being prepared for the progression of the disease is something i would also think is very important

never thought of that as I've been trying to keep an optimistic approach that it is not Parkinson's maybe I should be thinking about it.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

lowering my sugar intake won't be hard I'm not a sweets man, but I do like my carbs (especially potatoes and bread) that's gonna take some willpower.
edit on 22-1-2016 by Daavin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

never thought of that as I've been trying to keep an optimistic approach that it is not Parkinson's maybe I should be thinking about it.

Even if it confirm to be Parkinson's keep the morale, I have seen people with grave and long term chronic pain being COMPLETELY freed from pain and NO LONGER needing pain medication simply by going ketogenic...

This diet seem to do wonder for neurological disorders. Did you know that ketogenic diet can solve lots of refractory cases of epilepsy when medication cannot help?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join