It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

E-cigarette explodes in man's mouth in Telford

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in


posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:16 PM
a reply to: Ismynameimportant

This article has nothing to do with the safety of vaping. This is about lithium ion batteries. A cheap battery and a cheap charging is potentially dangerous whether it is a vape battery or a cell phone battery. It happens more with cell phones.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:56 PM
Well that was rather a shocking experience for that person, and maybe this experience would make that person stop smoking for good.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:24 PM
Lost two teeth to an exploding e-cig.
Now i know that ICR Li-Ion batteries in series are a bad thing in E-Cigs.
The Chinese Manufacturer probably did not and the seller not either.

Black blob is the remains of the second battery.
Explosion was so strong, it shoot out both ends.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:47 PM
a reply to: RomeByFire

Amen. I am so sick of seeing people complain and quote "studies" about how bad e-cigs are. It's laughable. You would rather we all go back to blowing nasty cigarette smoke everywhere? I am so grateful , I haven't had a cigarette in 5 years!!! Don't want one and I rarely vape now. It's an occasional thing. So I would like to think, my Cloupor T8 saved my life 😃
I and not one person I know, ever, thought I would be a non-smoker.
The exploding issue; I think it is because people are not familiar with mods and coils and ohms and all that. I sure don't understand it. That's why I have a vape shop (not a gas station) a reputable Vape Shop, I go to and they build my coils and test my mod for me. Have never had an issue.
I sure wont force anyone to vape and I don't go around preaching it to anyone but if they ask I will gladly tell them my story. 5 years no nasty cigarettes!!!! Woo-hoo.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:52 PM
a reply to: antibyte

Dang. I have never seen anything like that. I am definitely showing that picture to the guys at the shop I go to. That is scary. Because I know nothing about the batteries. I am gonna make sure I don't ever have those. Thanks for posting. I guess there are gonna be issues with anything. Cell phones have exploded and how many cigarettes have caused fires that have killed people. There is always gonna be something.
Sorry that happened to you. That is freaking scary.
edit on 17/2/2016 by SHABBYCAT because: Auto correct

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

log in