It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-cigarette explodes in man's mouth in Telford

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MaryaNoxx

Out of respect to others, I treat my vaping like I did my smoking. I don't use it where smoking is not allowed, etc.

Been 6 months since I had a smoke....my blood pressure has dropped dramatically, my smoker's cough is gone. My breathing doesn't cause my chest to rattle, and I no longer get out of breath just walking around or hiking with our scouts anymore.

I don't smell like an ashtray, have nicotine stained fingers or teeth. Even my doctor noted that my lungs sound a heck of a lot better.

Hipster....that still cracks me up. I've got a really good friend who's about as redneck as they come (even more than me) who hunts wild boar with a bow, and dresses it himself. He uses a box mod.

That and there's this 75 year old lady that comes into the store to buy her juice for her wand. I'll have to tell her that she's a hipster now. She'll most likely cackle all the way out the door.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I agree, I wouldn't do it openly in a place where smoking is banned. That just brings negative attention to vaping and vapers.

Luckily, my boss and coworkers don't mind so I'll take my little sneaky puffs regularly in the office.

And certainly, all walks of life are /can be happy vapers. But as mentioned before, there ARE douchebags that definitely overdo it in public, non-smoking areas, exhaling huge clouds to excess in areas shared with other people. It seems they like the attention, but it makes us all look like assholes to those that don't vape when they witness that type of behavior.
edit on 20-1-2016 by MaryaNoxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I puff a little tobacco here and there. A pack of smokes lasts me 4 or 5 days. I can jog a couple miles with no problem. Vaping just seems a little gay to me. No half measures.

I read down to your post...no farther yet...I just wanted to say that took courage.
Robot cigarettes are popular around ATS.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Im like your friend. While i ride a desk and do math all day, i still typically wear a tan digital camo jacket, drive a Ford pickup, killed my fair share of wild hogs, and wore a beard before it was cool (again).

I have no idea why i started vaping. I liked smoking just fine. But the mood struck me, and I took it.

Im typically the "hard ass" that achieves things with focus, will power, and effort. Meanwhile, a lady I work with is kind of the opposite. While I moved over to vaping, the went cold turkey. And actually did it. I have a whole new respect for her and her resolve.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I've tried the vapes/e-cigs or whatever they are called. Can't do it. I've tried different flavors and they all taste like cotton candy mixed with #ty boxers.

I'd rather have a real smoke here and there and supplement that with a fine Arturo Fuente a day.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Been vaping for a few years now and it got me off a very very expensive 40 a day here in the UK which basically nearly bankrupted me! Never had a problem feel amazingly well best thing I ever did. I don't need to vape like I needed a cig but I like vaping trying new flavours etc.

When they first hit the UK they were advertised all over that you could smoke them in all the places you couldn't smoke cigarettes. Then all the hype started and they have been banned from exactly the same places. The amount of disinformation regarding these vapes is ridiculous....another media success

The trick to healthy vaping is buy from reputable companies and not the multitude of chinese sellers, make your own liquid, take care of your battery and don't mod your unit if you don't know what your doing

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Quit smoking problem solved.

Addictions are not easily quit.

That said, switching to e-cigs is quitting. It's quitting regular cigarettes, but not nicotine.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
E-cigs have over 4000 less chemicals than a traditional cigarette and no tar. So yes, they are healthier than smoking cigs, much healthier.
a reply to: chuck258

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ismynameimportant

This is usually charged by using improper charging techniques on the lithium ion batteries.

Also, while 90% of these devices and batteries come from China, there are some that are better made than others.

You get what you pay for....

Yepp...that's Moi....

Men, hold back your women-folk...

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ckhk3

How much did Big Tobacco pay to publicize this nonsense story? Worse than the fake headlines years ago about the couple who died from eating an apricot seed.

If you're not a total idiot about how to use batteries, you have nothing to worry about (though I wouldn't trust the garbage e-cigs sold at gas stations, some of which are made by the tobacco companies.)

Also, to many of the anti-vaping posters: it's not smoke. Smoke is a product of combustion. It's vapor.

14+ months, 0 cigarettes, vaping only. Resting heart rate down from 80-85 to 60bpm. Direct cost savings for my wife and I combined: $2,700 & counting.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: onequestion

Quit smoking problem solved.

Addictions are not easily quit.

That said, switching to e-cigs is quitting. It's quitting regular cigarettes, but not nicotine.

Unless you use zero nicotine juice, which many vapers do, then it is quitting nicotine also.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Old news. Bill Clinton's cigar exploded in Monica Lewinski's mouth 20+ years ago.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I don't suppose it is an SXmini you have? That's what I use with Kanger sub tanks and build my own coils. Great device!

I almost solely stick with Ripe Vape juices, Cuttwood, or make my own.
edit on 1/23/16 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I WISH they showed what model he was using, I knew they wouldn't though before I clicked the link.
Lazy reporting 😠

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: RomeByFire

I don't suppose it is an SXmini you have? That's what I use with Kanger sub tanks and build my own coils. Great device!

I almost solely stick with Ripe Vape juices, Cuttwood, or make my own.

ipvd2, and I typically trade off between my Artic and Herakles tanks - Herakles is more for taste, the Artic is produced with organic cotton and the coils typically last at least a week, even with moderate to heavy use.

My girlfriend uses a non-regulated Steady Moddin something or other... the exact type/name of the device escapes me at the moment, I'm still recovering from last night so my brain isn't quite functional.

I have tried quite a few different lines of juice and have ordered some online, but I have to say my favorite juice is Smurfs Blood, now called Frums Blood - but I typically stick with "house juice," which is locally made.

I was some friends who smoke cigarettes, I used to smoke menthol and haven't had one in three+ years and decided to try one.

Right after lighting the cigarette, I nearly puked from coughing so hard - and about two to three drags in, I started getting dizzy, nauseous, my throat got scratchy, and even right now as I'm typing this - I can still smell that disgusting ash all over my hands and close.

I'll absolutely stick with my regulated device and (personal favorite) Frums Blood, which is a sharp blue raspberry.

One of the potential owners of our local shop from where I live is currently in St. Louis for a "vape bash," as its called, and he's sent me many snapchats and pictures and I have to say - the sheer amount of different devices/juices is staggering.

Its amazing what you can find, I recently picked up a bottle of a mango-pink lemonade... and my God, it is so delicious.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This is likely caused by a cheap lithium battery, it happens if they are not vented properly. This has been a known problem with lithium batteries for at least 8 years.

Also, the main ingredient in the "smoke liquids" is glycerine, which is the same main ingredient in smoke machine liquids. If you read the smoke machine warnings it says "DO NOT INHALE VAPOR". And that's why pros try to make the vapor cooler so it stays close to the floor.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Gay hipster here. I am glad others pointed out the type of e device was not mentioned.

I started vaping because it helped me get off of other stuff.

I have never felt that burning lung during exercise which is present if I had been smoking cigarettes. If it is harmful the effects must be completely dormant in all of us.

I've read both sides of the story and I am pretty sure e juice is about has harmful as an asthma inhaler.

Until it self destructs in your face of course. That is no bueno.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Guys quit smoking. This is the worst enemy to your health. Heh now even electric cigarettes are not safe
. Hope the guy is ok.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MonaMonina
I'm also for give it up) I was a smoker for 10 years, but one day I get really tired of this, I waste lots of money for this trash. Now I don't smoke and first what I felt were different kinds of smells which I start to feel ) it's so nice to feel them, it was like a new side of this world, which I've never felt before!

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bulrush

not the same medium....sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join