It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where there is love, there is no imposition - Einstein

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I would like to examine this philosophy with you, the community of ATS.

So what does he mean there is no question?

Does that mean that true love comes with ultimate compassion and understanding? Does it come with no judgements and no ego?

This kind of love seems to be missing from my daily life, what probably from the daily life of many others. I know I'm not alone here.

This doesn't mean that I have zero love in my life because that's not true, it just seems like there isn't really enough of it and it's hard to come by.

I see it missing from our culture as well. Many times do I find the people who have good lives and people who are successful tend to be distant from this kind of emotional connection.

I wonder if that is also part of the cultural programming to keep us divided and focused on superficial issues?
edit on 1/18/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

True Love is partially measured in dedication and commitment, over time.

Proof someone is 'loving', removes all doubt.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There is no question of a creator, plain and simple really.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I would like to examine this philosophy with you, the community of ATS.

So what does he mean there is no question?

Does that mean that true love comes with ultimate compassion and understanding? Does it come with no judgements and no ego?

This kind of love seems to be missing from my daily life, what probably from the daily life of many others. I know I'm not alone here.

This doesn't mean that I have zero love in my life because that's not true, it just seems like there isn't really enough of it and it's hard to come by.

I see it missing from our culture as well. Many times do I find the people who have good lives and people who are successful tend to be distant from this kind of emotional connection.

I wonder if that is also part of the cultural programming to keep us divided and focused on superficial issues?

It means something that can't be put into words. He found the answer to which there is no question and if you can find it or more accurately feel it then you'll know what he means. It's a connection to the one true source. God is love, love in which sense is not the word for that answer because words were crated by love and can not define it, nothing can, definition is crated by words and so forth. This could go on forever. The practicality is that if you want answers it will find you, and will guide you with answers that will be questioned by everyone else. No more questions means absolute freedom heading forward into the frontier headfirst into the darkness bound only by one law moving faster than the speed of light pure energy that knows we will never fail. We created ourselves and the tracks we leave are riddled with questions. Keep questioning.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Godthief

Humph.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Humph.

Don't be discouraged. Your already a part of it. It's the only thing that is really going on. It has already found you. I realize it by just answering every question with love. Even the ones that seem bad. You perception is controlled by your fear.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

True Love is partially measured in dedication and commitment, over time.

Proof someone is 'loving', removes all doubt.

true love can not be measured. You can't be dedicated or committed to something that you can not be removed from and is not bound by time.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

This is the love that happens when a human, normal, loving mother looks into her child's eyes for the first time.
NOTHING can disrupt it.

There is NOTHING your beloved child can do to make you stop loving them. Though it might break your heart, you never stop loving them that much. Ever.

Ever.

I'm sorry you don't feel you have that in your life. Are you sure?
AND, I am talking about becoming a human mother of a child - giving birth to a baby human being. (Or, in your case, a normal, loving human father who meets the gaze of their child). I have two children - out there walking around with huge parts of my heart. They are in their mid 20s now. Out of the nest - out on their own.

(Disclaimer: I am NOT talking about "Jesus", although in my opinion, the idea of a personal loving father "God" (or son) is a substitute for a good parent.
I don't rely on either of those.)

I know without question that my own mother loves me no matter what. I know I love my son and my daughter no matter what.
My heart is in pieces....and they walk around with those pieces. I have to let them. But I will NEVER reject them.
Period.
Ever.

PARENTING. That is the key.
Parenting.

edit on 1/18/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

This is the love that happens when a loving mother looks into her child's eyes for the first time.
NOTHING can disrupt it.

There is NOTHING your beloved child can do to make you stop loving them. Though it might break your heart, you never stop loving them that much. Ever.

Ever.

I'm sorry you don't feel you have that in your life. Are you sure?

I'm bringing NOTHING along for the ride. Like the caboose on a train where even degression serves progression by expanding perspective.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

welcome to ats?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The actual quote is "Where there is love, there is no imposition", which was made to his friend Saxe Commins (senior editor at Random House).

An imposition is a thing that is imposed, in particular an unfair or unwelcome demand or burden.

So, Einstein actually said "Where there is love there is no unfair or unwelcome demand or burden".

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Thanks for the correction.

However I don't see it changing the meaning.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Einstein may be referring to the ardent love where it is so intense they don’t bother to question their beloved.

The philosopher loves reality because they are enraptured by their beloved (truth)

As the mystic’s search for God never questions his beloved

As the mystical love poem says:

“If I bow to her and she return not my salutation, have I just cause for complaint?

Beautiful woman have no obligation

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Thanks for the correction.

However I don't see it changing the meaning.

I believe it is the summation of the following:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres".

... which is a quote from 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7, from the Bible.

I believe that our culture has a problem with the definition of the word 'love'. In ancient Greek, there were several words for love:

Eros - which is sexual passion.
Philia - which is a deep friendship.
Ludus - which is a playful love (like between young children). A love of friends having a good time.
Agape - which is a selfless love. A love that gives but doesn't expect return.
Pragma - which is a long standing love (most long-married relationships loose the sexual and 'emotional high' loves and turn into a pragmatic love).
Philautia - which is love of your self.

The quote from Corinthians was written originally in ancient Greek and used the word "agape".

I suspect that Einstein, if he had been using ancient Greek, would have opted for the word agape. As it is, we can only make inferences about his true intention from the quote.

... and I do feel that we are hampered by a culture that cannot even unambiguously describe a primary human emotion. It trivializes so much.

I also feel that some people are so shallow, having lived the culture, that they cannot comprehend the nuances.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The bible quote is spot on in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres".

Yep! It sure is!

And it is how a real parent feels.
Not some "Oh I'm hanging on a cross for you" guy.

The Abrahamic "God" has evolved from an absolute asshat tyrant bully to a "Martyr" figure. The thing so few get, is that the message is about the love that a parent TRULY has for their child. "God" and "Jesus" are pretend parents. And (in many branches of Christianity) as parents, they are just as ready to toss you into eternal horror as they are to have your back.

It is bullying, coercion, and intimidation. Not to mention 'nonsense.'

REAL parents who have the Holy Spirit within them (whether that version is 'accepted' or 'rejected' by churchy-types) do not and would never hold threats over their beloved children. There is no "disowning" or "condemnation."

IT
IS
YOUR
CHILD.

You never, ever, write them off, or toss them into a furnace of torment. Never. Ever.

What I want to do is work toward actual living, flesh-and-blood, real parenthood being improved.

The sheer number of desperate souls seeking "some" sort of solace from a never-available guy (except in dreams and wishes) speaks volumes about the parenting failures and educational loopholes that so many youngsters have to live out.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Yep! It sure is!

And it was how a real parent feels.
Not some "Oh I'm hanging on a cross for you" guy.

The Abrahamic "God" has evolved from an absolute asshat tyrant bully to a "Martyr" figure. The thing so few get, is that the message is about the love that a parent TRULY has for their child. "God" and "Jesus" are pretend parents. And (in many branches of Christianity) as parents, they are just as ready to toss you into eternal horror as they are to have your back.

It is bullying, coercion, and intimidation. Not to mention 'nonsense.'

REAL parents who have the Holy Spirit within them (whether that version is 'accepted' or 'rejected' by churchy-types) does not and would never hold threats over their beloved children. There is no "disowning" or "condemnation."

IT
IS
YOUR
CHILD.

You never, ever, write them off, or toss them into a furnace of torment. Never. Ever.

What I want to do is work toward actual living, flesh-and-blood, real parenthood being improved.

The sheer number of desperate souls seeking "some" sort of solace from a never-available guy (except in dreams and wishes) speaks volumes about the parenting failures and educational loopholes that so many youngsters have to live out.

I actually agree with much of what you posted but cannot see any issue with the idea that; the "hanging on the cross for you" guy, could also be the "loving parent" guy.

Perhaps God has stayed the same but instead we have progressed from the tantruming and petulant child, which required a stern hand and dire warnings, into something more mature. The implication may be that there is a progression for humanity from where we've been to where we may go. That Jesus pointed out that all the law (116 separate rules) could be summed up by "Love God with all your heart and soul and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself" puts us in place as determiners of right and wrong and not simply following enforced orders.

I'd suspect that the loving parent wants their child to mature, be capable, emotionally balanced, loving, compassionate, have a strength of character and physical presence. As a species, we are not there yet.

edit on 18/1/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I'd suspect that the loving parent wants their child to mature, be capable, emotionally balanced, loving, compassionate, have a strength of character and physical presence.

Precisely.

As a species, we are not there yet.

Yes, we are. A tipping point has been reached.........

we are there. EVERY worthwhile, educated, competent parent wants their child to mature, and make it - to be capable, balanced, loving, compassionate, and have strength of character.

It is the parents saying "YOU WILL BURN IN HELL IF YOU DON'T BEHAVE LIKE I TELL YOU TO!!!!!!!!!!!!" that are the problem.

They need to just

SHUT UP

Let their kids (whether Boomers like me or Millennials like my kids) - let EVERYONE have access to all of the data.
The "church" is not inherently bad - it's just that too many people are living out the legacy of this:

Yeah.

It is a bunch of bat-crap crazy bologna...................

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I'd suspect that the loving parent wants their child to mature, be capable, emotionally balanced, loving, compassionate, have a strength of character and physical presence.

Precisely.

As a species, we are not there yet.

Yes, we are. A tipping point has been reached.........

we are there. EVERY worthwhile, educated, competent parent wants their child to mature, and make it - to be capable, balanced, loving, compassionate, and have strength of character.

It is the parents saying "YOU WILL BURN IN HELL IF YOU DON'T BEHAVE LIKE I TELL YOU TO!!!!!!!!!!!!" that are the problem.

They need to just

SHUT UP

Let their kids (whether Boomers like me or Millennials like my kids) - let EVERYONE have access to all of the data.
The "church" is not inherently bad - it's just that too many people are living out the legacy of this:

Yeah.

It is a bunch of bat-crap crazy bologna...................

I disagree that we have reached a tipping point. It is immanent but so is the technological singularity (which, I believe, goes hand in hand with it).

It is no good saying "there, there, I feel your pain" and letting the situation remain unchanged. We must proactively seek to help.

The linked video is an atheist conception of Christianity.

Firstly, people are not condemned because of someone else's sin in the past. The truth is that everyone accumulates their own list of sinful acts. This is a misunderstanding of the passage: "the sins of the father are visited upon the sons, to the third and fourth generations". This does not mean the punishment for the sins goes down to the third and fourth generation. What it means is that we tend to follow in the footsteps of our ancestors. Both of the quotes used in the video imply that we begin sinning at an early age. Neither imply that we are tainted and condemned for the sin of someone else.

You also do not ask forgiveness for sin that you have not committed. Nor do you have to tell God how sorry you are for murdering Jesus, because you didn't.

Only Hebrews who follow their faith are mandated to give an offering to God.

Some have, and do hear God's voice audibly. Instances have been noted in both the old and new testaments.

God will show you His face but in this life, seeing Gods face would cause us to cease to exist due to our sin.

Similarly, God does reveal Himself, in personally provable ways, to those who seek Him. You do not need to read a book to encounter God, the Bible is full of accounts of people who encountered God, few of them had a Bible.

Heaven is not a place that can only be seen by the dead. St Peter writes about his experience of heaven in the Bible and he is not the only one.

I have to go, but hardly anything in the video is representative of the Christian faith.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I feel you know what the answer to your own question is! But you may be looking for clarity, Love is all on its own love. Once there is love,the judgemental mind leavesits own stamp on how it sees the situation or experience. As humans we experience, if we are lucky many levels of conciousness simultaneously. That is why we can easily get confused. a reply to: onequestion

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join