It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where there is love, there is no imposition - Einstein

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I think you have to link that quote with the other things that Einstein said. So far the responses to this thread have been projections of what people usually feel when they hear the word "love".

Einstein also said : "It is easier to crack an atom than a prejudice", or "It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity". He is obviously talking about the difference of sophistication between scientific/technological progress and social/spiritual progress. Where there is love there is no question : where there is emotional investment there is no rationality. Love is also love for one's country, love for a flag, it can also be love for one's religion, one's god, etc.. Something that you don't question never progresses, never changes, is never improved. It's like going back to the cave of Plato, watching the shadows on the walls and being happy with it. And in a sense, socially we have never left the cave. Economy, politics, etc.. are domains of knowledge that are still full of prejudices, of ideologies : all we do is talking about shadows, never of the real thing. When someone proposes social progress, the proposition is often met with aggressiveness and fear : ATS is a good example of that. While in hard science, we have left ideologies behind, otherwise there would be no progress : the feat of landing a robot on planet Mars doesn't depend on my or your idea of how to do it, there is no place for ideology, but it depends on a objective view of the situation, through the scientific method.

I talk more about this on this thread Technological sophistication, social stagnation

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Godthief

true love can not be measured.

Yes it can. If you love someone you show it. They see it, others see it too.

You can't be dedicated or committed to something that you can not be removed from and is not bound by time.

Love is a mystery? Its day to day, expressing and showing love consistently over time, without question.

edit on 19-1-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
"Love holds no record of wrong doings"

Absolutely.

Love turns the other cheek.

Love loves even those who declare themselves enemies of Love.

Love heals all suffering and Love is the only force powerful enough to turn an enemy into a friend.

Love does no hold people in bondage, but Love removes there pain and sets them free.

Love is looking at a beautiful flower, not to use and sell for money but to appreciate its beauty - purely without judgment.

God is Love and with each expression of Love the Light and Spirit of God shines through this world.

In each smile, in each laugh, it shines and inspires others to smile with you.

Love is the true parent because every successful parent follows The Way of Love when raising their child and it is this that leads to a peaceful and compassionate home and society.

Where there is love, there is no imposition indeed.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The individual looks at most things like a businessman - what is in it for me?

A friend said to me the other day that Stephen Hawkins said that if aliens come to Earth they will be seeking something from us for their gain. I replied - Stephen Hawkins can only judge from where he stands. In other words he can only assume what aliens would be doing by his own standards - from his point of view. My friend said what other reason would they come for? I replied - maybe they would come to explore the universe to see what it looks like - like when you go to an art museum - no one expects the art work to do anything or provide anything - it is just admired.

Love is looking at a beautiful flower, not to use and sell for money but to appreciate its beauty - purely without judgment.

This is beautiful Arpgme - unfortunately man rarely sees like this.

Krishnamurti: What is the family now? It is based on possessiveness, which destroys love. Where there is a sense of possession, there must be exploitation. Where there is love, there is no imposition or possessiveness. But if you consider our present morality, you will see that it is based on maintaining this possessive attitude towards life. By our egotistic craving we are destroying the perfume and the beauty of life. Where there is love, family does not become a centre of exploitation.
www.jiddu-krishnamurti.net...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

i think he's talking about respecting people's boundaries, not forcing one's will upon the shoulders of another.

if you really loved me, you'd give me enough rope to either kill myself, or rescue myself from this hole.

love is neutral

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
In fact where there is love there are plenty of impositions.

I think Einstein's statement is possibly self serving, like the sort of thing one might hear from a married man wanting to have a fling. I think what he said was at best fatuous and at worst, twaddle or, nonsense.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

PARENTING. That is the key.
Parenting.

Eh, no. Your female preaching forced me to question your arguments as you foolishly think your female instinctive love is superior to God's ways in any way. Parenting may be the key for women woman. For some men it's rather a scary, reasonless trap. This looking in the eyes could be seen as an instinct too.
I wanted to write a few thoughts about the parenting of raped women in the islamic countries but I have a simplier example.
Let's have a look at animals. Cats like sex to the point they will make sex even with their own relatives. They live like a true family though. (better than we do I say) - they are playing, caressing, sleeping in touch with each other everyday. However when there is time to go a cat mother will strike them hard to f.k off. In case of the lack of food or when a kittie is weak or sick.... you know what, animal mothers sometimes kill and even eat their children. Also, you could hate God for the loss of a child but God won't stop loving you because of that because God is eternaly superior to you - His creation. If He will kill and eat you or someone else you should be ok with that with a high enough understanding. What you said could be true just keep in mind there is something like male God wisdom. I think it's God himself what does a woman feel in that moment. She feels superior and responsible to a child and these feelings may not be hers.
edit on 22/1/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: ...of grammar

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Eh, no. Your female preaching forced me to question your arguments as you foolishly think your female instinctive love is superior to God's ways in any way. Parenting may be the key for women woman. For some men it's rather a scary, reasonless trap. This looking in the eyes could be seen as an instinct too.

I said PARENTING.
If men are afraid of being a dad, then they should avoid getting into that "reasonless trap."

Good gawdd.
And, eh, yes -----------a mother's love for her child surpasses all. There is no "burn in hell you little SH!T" from a healthy mother - or a healthy father..... a nurturing, loving parent does NOT behave like your "Bible God" does. a real parent's love is unconditional. There is nothing that a child can do to make their parent stop loving them...... Instinct or not, a healthy adult human being falls in love immediately upon meeting the gaze of their child.

There is no "as long as you behave" involved.

But, when it comes to psycho, ill-educated, ignorant parents who were most likely beaten and emotionally abused by their "parents" -------yeah they exist, and there are far too many of them. Mostly because of bad parenting. Otherwise due to insanity.

SANE parents do not feel that way. To psycho parents, the child represents a threat. An already-hopelessly-flawed inferior, who will never measure up, no matter what.

Sick.

edit on 1/23/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: EDUCATION

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I see it missing from our culture as well. Many times do I find the people who have good lives and people who are successful tend to be distant from this kind of emotional connection.

I have to say, the people that are successful have love for money.

I wonder if that is also part of the cultural programming to keep us divided and focused on superficial issues?

Very true indeed.

True love of humanity is the answer to solving our world problems. However love has an opposite which is hate.

Hate is evil, it represents, greed, lust, murder, war, starvation, and so on...

I truly believe love is the most powerful tool that can fix everything.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Oh yeah love is all you need. Are we able to lead the debate especially in this section free of body emotions? With love to wisdom?
My Bible God...lol. Is there any better new-age God? It's your God too Eve. You think you know what is good and bad better. Should I cover my nakedness? I'm not personal here. Think about following questions. They are answers.
Of course people love their own offspring. Even if it's evil they feel it's their own evil. If they were reproducing parasites is their love good? Is then my intention to kill all parasites from my colon a useful and good hate or a bad hate?
Does a cat love mice or hates them?
Love is good as love is life. Is all life good?
Hate is bad as hate is death. Think about it when you kill a mosquito. Is the cosmic God Shiva - the destroyer evil? Who in heaven knows right? What about the concept of Kalachakra and all-consuming Mother Kali? Being a walking reproductive organ is good for life no question but it's not that high as the saying: "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be My disciple."

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
"If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be My disciple."

It is impossible to love some 'thing'.
Love is the absence of 'things'.
If you believe that you are a 'thing' love will be hidden.
Love is what there is when things are not.
If there is someone who sees some thing then that is division, conflict - disharmony.

There is only ever what is happening - there are no things.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
To chime in on the Parent/Child love vs. God/Creation Love issue I would propose the following.

If we are to love our children unconditionally do we feel they should not be held accountable for murdering our spouses or their own siblings (i.e. our other children)?
Of course we do.
How should they be held accountable?

Now lets look at God and what he expects;
He loved his children so much that he died to make a way for a humanity to not reap a righteous punishment, who not only kills his other children, but willingly hung him on a cross to die as well.
Should they be held accountable?
What does God expect as satisfaction for this act of patricide and fratricide?
He loves us so much that all he wants; a God not just of perfect Love but of perfect Justice asks only that they say they are sorry, and stop killing their siblings.

Yea God is real harsh.

In short if someone thinks God is unreasonable for wanting people to say "sorry I killed your other children, and my siblings Father" but will give a pass to their own children for killing their siblings, then they have effectively shown they don't really see God as God nor someone they should love. Apparently they have decided that their own Children deserve Gods place on the throne, and in effect take the place of God in their hearts.

edit on 24-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75
God does not want anything - God is already everything.
It is man (thought) who wants. 'You' want some 'thing'.
Only that which feels itself divided from the whole, wants some 'thing' that isn't.

The whole (God) is what there is and there seams to be some 'thing' extra - there isn't - this is it.

When God is found to be all that is.................where are you?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
God does not want anything - God is already everything.
It is man (thought) who wants. 'You' want some 'thing'.
Only that which feels itself divided from the whole, wants some 'thing' that isn't.

The whole (God) is what there is and there seams to be some 'thing' extra - there isn't - this is it.

When God is found to be all that is.................where are you?

Eh to each their own I suppose. I am not a pantheist.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Do you imagine that you are separate from what is happening?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Do you imagine that you are separate from what is happening?

No, I am apart of whatever is happening in my life, by virtue of me being involved, however that does not make me the event itself.
In the same way God is involved in my life, However that does not in fact make me God.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The assumption is that there is a 'you' that has a 'life' - these are two 'things'.
Really there is simply what is happening - what is happening is happening regardless (unconditionally).

The belief that you are some 'thing' and God is some 'thing' else that wants you to do life a certain way is the mis-conception - there is only life and it is just happening as what is actually happening.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The assumption is that there is a 'you' that has a 'life' - these are two 'things'.
Really there is simply what is happening - what is happening is happening regardless (unconditionally).

The belief that you are some 'thing' and God is some 'thing' else that wants you to do life a certain way is the mis-conception - there is only life and it is just happening as what is actually happening.

I am afraid I cannot go on this trip with you, as it leads logically to nothing at all. (i.e. Nirvana) Which I would assume is what you are getting at.
In short if everything is everything else, then nothing is everything as well.
Unfortunately "I think therefore I am."
To suppose what you are seemingly saying is a self refuting proposition. I exist, but I do not, is not coherent.
edit on 24-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75

I am afraid I cannot go on this trip with you, as it leads logically to nothing at all. (i.e. Nirvana) Which I would assume is what you are getting at.
In short if everything is everything else, then nothing is everything as well.
To suppose what you are seemingly saying is a self refuting proposition. I exist, but I do not, is not coherent.

Yes it leads to nothing at all.
In the beginning there was nothing and God said.................. What is God if there was nothing and words arose?
There is still nothing - nothing cannot come or go - it is the ever present unappearing and appearing. All that appears comes and goes in That. I am That and there is nothing separate to That.

Nirvana is the snuffing out of the (false) self centre.
edit on 24-1-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75

Thoughts happen and thought declares that 'I' am the doer of thought.
To be or not to be? That is the question.

You are but you are not what thought says you are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join