It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the Most Unconventional Person You Have Ever Dated?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Today I randomly caught a snippet of an episode of "The Undateables", which is a reality show that seemingly attempts to find dates for people who are...different in some way. The segment I caught followed a young woman whose face had been disfigured by meningitis. She was really a lovely person, and she was matched with a man who was self conscious because he was bald. They had a nice date it seemed.

I'm in a relationship and have been for quite a long time, but I do remember going on a few dates with a man who self identified as autistic. He was nice, and smart, but alas, he was very obsessive and it didn't take long for us to stop dating. I always thought about who he might date, because it's not as if he was so horrible no one would want him.

I also went on a date with a man who showed up in a poodle costume. It was the most deliciously awkward date I have been, or will ever, ever go on. At first I thought he was joking, but he brought a ball and wanted me to throw it for him, and then confided that it was jus this fetish, and he wanted women to know that he really loved dressing up like animals and would never hide it. There's something to be said for honesty I suppose.

So who is the most unconventional person you've dated? Did it last? Was it too much for some reason? No one can say what "normal" is, but societal conventions are real...if sometimes unfortunate.
Maybe you're unconventional. Do you find it hard to date, or is there really someone for everyone?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I dated, in my late teens, a boy who had one leg amputated at the knee. He was cute, long hair, metalhead, always getting into trouble. Me and my best friend were walking into a local carnival and he and his best friend were walking out and we somehow struck up a conversation.

It was fun until he cheated on me. I gave him a good kick where it matters, crutches or not. Aah, young love.

edit on 18-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Nice another reality tv show exploiting unfortunate individuals for entertainment. Smh

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Hahaha. That's great.

My father always told me...don't bother kicking a rude guy in the nuts. The best revenge is for him to grow up and impregnate someone on accident and then have to pay child support for 18 years.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

It is kind of unfortunate I suppose, but it's not like they didn't sign up for the show.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

My dating experience in college was unconventional.

One date, movie followed up by candle-light dinner (in the summer) started talking about what we were going to do on New Years. Then she started sobbing because our relationship was so wonderful.
I ran like I was on fire.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Its like what five finger death punch sang about trade your soul for initials on a piece of paper. People dont watch because they find them interesting people, they are being exploited voluntary or not doesn't change this.

link   
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by unconventional. The woman I'm seeing now might fit that description, as her culture is unconventional by American standards. It works out very well. We're making wedding plans. So, yeah. Now, for her, I might be considered unconventional. Hell, by most people's standards I'd be considered unconventional. You just have to read most of my posts to see that.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sounds hormonal!

link   

I remember when my ex cheated on me and I kicked her real good right where it matters.

We all laughed and laughed about how funny it was and about how it wasn't assault in any way.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

You're making wedding plans! Congratulations!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

I remember when my ex cheated on me and I kicked her real good right where it matters.

We all laughed and laughed about how funny it was and about how it wasn't assault in any way.

What!? We have no context...but ...that sounds assault-esque!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thank you. I'm going as far as learning Papua New Guinea pidgin so I can ask her dad permission. Also, we're doing things the traditional way of her people so it's done the right way. Then, I'm bringing her back to America and getting married here so my family and friends can attend.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Opps, you took that bait...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

I was probably 17 or 18. I have only done that twice in my life. I wasn't fully aware of the awful physical pain it causes. I knew it hurt. But, it wasn't til later in life someone fully described it to me. I would never think of doing something like that now. That was a little harsh and I think you made that up. I Call BS.
edit on 18-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Well this sounds the opposite of unconventional! It sounds like a traditional and respectful way to court a woman. Best of luck!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
We could set the bar with this. Call her a 5 out of 10.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

My GF is absolutely unique!!!

She kicks me in the balls ( metaphorically)

Cuts me off at the knees!

Yet always has my back when I need her too!

In fact, she is my other half!

Greatest woman I ever met!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by unconventional. The woman I'm seeing now might fit that description, as her culture is unconventional by American standards. It works out very well. We're making wedding plans. So, yeah. Now, for her, I might be considered unconventional. Hell, by most people's standards I'd be considered unconventional. You just have to read most of my posts to see that.

Congratulations! I bet there is a phone app for learning that language for the proposal.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Hahahahahahahahahaahahahaha.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join