It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the Most Unconventional Person You Have Ever Dated?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Atsbhct

I dated, in my late teens, a boy who had one leg amputated at the knee. He was cute, long hair, metalhead, always getting into trouble. Me and my best friend were walking into a local carnival and he and his best friend were walking out and we somehow struck up a conversation.

It was fun until he cheated on me. I gave him a good kick where it matters, crutches or not. Aah, young love.

Lesson learned: disabled people can still be assholes.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I'm not talking bad about her, because she is one of my best friends and someone I think very highly of. BUT, my ex, who I dated for almost 5 years was unconventional.

Well, to cut to the chase, I got sent away to a wilderness "program" run by hardcore nuts, no electricity or running water for 4 months up in the Rockies on rancher land around Colorado and Utah.

I was able to write to her, we wrote several letters a week back and forth.

When I came back from this "program", she had gotten my name tattooed on her hip, which is still there to this day (although we have both gone on to date other people and are currently in separate relationships).

We lived with her estranged father and his "other family" for awhile in Boston... they were from Trinidad and smoked a lot of ganja. It was interesting. We then moved around to several states together after before things just unraveled and didn't work out.

Everyone thought we were crazy... I used it (very wrongfully so) to talk badly about her at one point or another... I feel terrible about that. But as I said, we have a good friendship to this day and I think so highly of her - we were 19 year olds, what do ya expect?

edit on 18-1-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: reldra

I remember when my ex cheated on me and I kicked her real good right where it matters.

We all laughed and laughed about how funny it was and about how it wasn't assault in any way.

That would be assault, a man kicking a woman in the groin. A woman kicking a man in the groin is just funny.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Everyone is a little unconventional at 19. At least she can have it removed if she ever feels the need.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

When i was early 20's i dated a goth girl, she was a proper weird girl, but there was something about her, we clicked and dated for a few months,

It went down hill when i caught scabies from her...... so yea....

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that looking at a date between me and a girl, I'd be the unconventional one. At least that is what I've determined from my terrible luck with dating.

link   
I think the strangest person I ever dated was - the man who is my husband now!

One day my mom was reading a list of potential "au pairs" to hire for helping with my half brother.
One described a guy who was into Checker Cabs, had bought one in New York and brought it back to France, and had a bunch of other collections...he sounded wierd, so I told my mom, "Whatever you do, do NOT hire that one!"

She did hire him, in fact, and from the first time I set eyes on him, I was in love.

He was wearing purple socks with blue shorts and a green teeshirt, and had a jacket with weird patches all over it.

I don't remember what my thoughts were (besides he's gorgeous) but I think it was clear this guy is definately marching to the sound of his own drum..... and I dug that.

link   
We all do things in our teens that we think better of as adults. I used to like throwing a drink in my exes face when I was 17 and he would throw one back, all good fun. We knew we had had a good night if we did this. Awww young love those were the days.

These days I would be mortified and far too tight to throw a good dtink!a reply to: reldra

link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Debbie Um? An MBA from Villanova? Video aside, I think she is a sweet girl.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AzothPendragon

By far this has to be the ultimate way to deal with someone cheating:

I actually felt for this guy, but the way he dealt with it..... legend

absolutely love the end.
edit on 18/1/16 by Phatdamage because: I'm BATMAN

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma
That's funny. You told her not to hire him and you ended up marrying him. That's really cool.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm sure there is. Right now I have an excellent teacher lol. I'm writing a phrase book as I go along so I'll be able to fit in.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

What a meet cute. That could be an indie movie.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Case file!

What do you think it is about you that doesn't allow dates to open up to you?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

If I had an answer to that I don't think I'd have a dating problem right now... Though it's likely because I'm not fond of "small talk" or calling someone just to hear their voice every day of the week, so girls think I'm uninterested (though I wonder if it would kill them to actually call me for once...). I may be a bit selfish as well. Though that doesn't adequately explain my slew of failed pickup attempts at bars that always end in disaster. I'm pretty sure that I'm just an unlikable mess, destined to just be friend zoned for the rest of my life since I'm also a nice guy.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I am always seeing in my head how my adventures since I met him could be made into a pretty funny romantic comedy.

It would have to be Amy Schumer and Bill Hader playing us. Only a very nonconventional guy could ever have stayed with me this long.

He just said he'd have answered this the same way - I was his different one (he used the word "best" but he's just a nice guy that way....)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AzothPendragon

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

I remember when my ex cheated on me and I kicked her real good right where it matters.

We all laughed and laughed about how funny it was and about how it wasn't assault in any way.

That would be assault, a man kicking a woman in the groin. A woman kicking a man in the groin is just funny.

That is also assault. And it's not really funny.
edit on 1/18/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage
a reply to: AzothPendragon

By far this has to be the ultimate way to deal with someone cheating:

I actually felt for this guy, but the way he dealt with it..... legend

absolutely love the end.

OMG. That was a little creepy. She wasn't innocent, but he is disturbing. When he gave her the drink I was thinking "Don't drink it! He could have poisoned it!" He just gave her a ring, in the video. They don't live together. Though it seems they had plans for the future and if I was so close in a relationship, I would have stopped online communication with other guys in that way, but I don't know her. Maybe she was getting it out of her system. Maybe she wasn;t quite sure it would keep going well with him. He says 'shagging other guyS', but all he presents is sexting and pictures to 1 guy. Some say that counts as an affair, some wouldn't.

But, I would be afraid to be married to him.

And, if the shoe was ion the other foot, I have never minded harmless 'internet stuff'. If I saw the man I was in a relationship with say 'I love you' or 'let's go away for the weekend' to another female in chats, or joined a dating service, that would break it right there. But, as I have matured, I have learned it best if both stay out of the other's computer activities.

If he feels that is his breaking point, he should have just broken it off. All that was just nuts.

ya, why is he singing into a pink dildo?
edit on 18-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
I think the strangest person I ever dated was - the man who is my husband now!

One day my mom was reading a list of potential "au pairs" to hire for helping with my half brother.
One described a guy who was into Checker Cabs, had bought one in New York and brought it back to France, and had a bunch of other collections...he sounded wierd, so I told my mom, "Whatever you do, do NOT hire that one!"

She did hire him, in fact, and from the first time I set eyes on him, I was in love.

He was wearing purple socks with blue shorts and a green teeshirt, and had a jacket with weird patches all over it.

I don't remember what my thoughts were (besides he's gorgeous) but I think it was clear this guy is definately marching to the sound of his own drum..... and I dug that.

I just love how this happened!!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

W.....T.....F....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join