It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encouraging people to turn to God!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepowerisinyou
a reply to: Ghost147
The Bible resonates with my heart, everybody is somewhat influenced by their background

Yet you acknowledge that if you were born in a different place, or in a setting where a different belief system was more prevalent, you would believe in it.

Again, why is that not a big red flag for you?

but doesn't mean mine is incorrect necessarily

Correct, your background makes no difference on the validity of your beliefs. Facts, on the other hand, do.

a reply to: Ghost147Im confortable with my religion, with the Bible

So your agreement with Murgatroid's statement earlier is false then?

I understand everybody, I can't tell them why they have to believe my version....

I have my doubts about the 'understanding' part. I'm not saying you are required to tell others to believe in your version, I'm just saying that your 'version' is inherently flawed.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I'm sorry you can't understand me, but you can be happy for me that I'm more than comfortable with my connection to God.No modification needed

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I'm sorry you can't understand me, but you can be happy for me that I'm more than comfortable with my connection to God.No modification needed

I am not happy that you're content with your delusion. I can only assume that you, like the vast majority of religious people, spread such ignorance and close mindedness to others around you.

Sorry, I do not feel joy that you are comfortable rejecting reality and have no sense of reason or critical thinking, and embrace ignorance. Even if there were a god, do you not think it would want you to use the brain it created for you?

The only feeling I have when I see such avid rejection of information is sadness.
edit on 15/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Well, thank you for trying to put some sense into me, but if you don't have a communication with God doesn't mean I don't.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Well, thank you for trying to put some sense into me, but if you don't have a communication with God doesn't mean I don't.

Until I see evidence otherwise, the observations we have made in our research of both the universe, and the human psyche suggest what you're experiencing is not a supernatural event, but either a personality disorder (such as schizophrenia [although from your writing, I doubt it is that]), a natural (if not overactive) brain function, or you've simply been brainwashed to believe in such things that aren't really occurring.

All the observations we've made points to the likely conclusion that you are experiencing one of these things, and not actually in contact with a universe-creating-all-powerful-god.

You're right, I have yet to receive communication with a deity, and simply because you believe you are, doesn't mean that you actually are, according to our observations.

There are certain neurological activations that tumors can cause which make people smell specific odors that aren't actually present. Despite the subject experiencing this scent, the scent isn't actually there. The same goes for your communication unless we discover information objectively that proves your experience isn't extremely common natural causes.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Yes, we are all suffering from stupidity, why should you believe me and why should I believe you? Makes you right? No, just on the opposite side. Your rationality is possible and also mine. So you stick to yours.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

why should you believe me

You have yet to present objectively research information to suggest your position is valid.

and why should I believe you?

Because I've presented a plethora of information from various different states of study that can all be backed up with citation, peer review, and objective research, and you have yet to present a rebuttal to any of that information to show it to be false.

[does that] Make you right?

Facts don't lie, so yes, my position would be the most rational, likely position to take until information that counters mine is found. That's how a person can reasonably come to a conclusion.

Is my position infallible? Of course not, but it is by far the most likely, with nothing as of yet to oppose the information within it.

No, just on the opposite side.

No, actually, it's not just 'the opposite side'. My position isn't based on opinion and subjectivity, it's based on fact, observation, peer review, re-testable experimentation, and cross evaluation of various different forms of study.

My position actually holds weight in an argument because of the information that backs it. That is what separates it from baseless opinion.

Your rationality is possible and also mine.

My position is highly likely according to the information that supports it. Yours is unsubstantiated, thus weightless to the argument at hand.

The two positions are far from equal in possibility.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

All the best to you and your family, there's nothing wrong in trying to figure out God, hope you do find Him somehow. Before He finds you haha!
edit on 15-1-2016 by thepowerisinyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

What you've tested is not what I've tested

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

What you've tested is not what I've tested

If you've tested anything then it should be re testable. Perhaps if we cross evaluate your research we can confirm or reject your hypothesis you've concluded with through peer review.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Do you think God is a mechanism that pops at your command?! Think again....

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Do you think God is a mechanism that pops at your command?! Think again....

No, because I lack the belief in any gods.

You said you can test your god's validity. So, it goes to reason that that test is repeatable.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

For me not for you to understand.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

For me not for you to understand.

That seems very selfish of you

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

God is a personal experience for everyone, you can't know Him for me or otherwise.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So, hope you will know Him. He does defy logic by the way and you could still not know everything about Him...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

God is a personal experience for everyone, you can't know Him for me or otherwise.

I haven't asked what your experience was, I was asking how you devised your test

He does defy logic

Yes, that's abundantly clear.
edit on 15/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Im not selfish, I did sound like it, like you do sound like Lucifer but you aint
)))

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: thepowerisinyou

So your reasoning for retaining this life-changing, soul saving test, is....?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Well I have to pause this for now, cause you take all my time, but gladly tomorrow. Patience. Guidance is coming
))))

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join