It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encouraging people to turn to God!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

It's attractive to discard the idea of God, to consider yourself free of worshipping a God, you don't have to respond for your actions in front of nobody, you don't have to be "delusional"
)), you're suficient for yourself... Well, I don't have facts to show you that God exists, it's just my choice to need Him...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

You can believe everything it's fictional, I simply don't.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Regarding meditation, I suppose it's true that evil spirits have an advantage to reach us this way, but I guess they can't control us that much through it. I love meditating, it's such a great way of redescovering tranquility and connect with the devine in that silence, where you search God and you find Him, you tell Him your thoughts and you simply know you've been heard.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: thepowerisinyou
oh yes, we chatted in OOBE thread, I remember now. ..Fun times : )

Yes a lot can happen during meditation. I also had a scary experiance, but that does not stop me. It is just evidence that something is happening and change is good. It gives you a new chance for learning something. That is what is it all about. And also learning to listening to intuition is very important for me. It tells me in instances like that, what to do. Back off or go for it : )

I like your answers to other posters and for me it seems, you have a good heart and I got a feeling you get the point. Which is not religions and dogma. But relationship with god. Religions are just describing how to do that and we choose our way or type of relationship . That is most important in our lives in my opinion, and it is totally on us about what kind of relationship will we have.

Build loving connection and have faith in it. You don't need to even meditate if you feel it is not something you want to do. We ourself put limits for this connection, just learn to open your heart to love and compassion and the more clear things will be. Nothing else is necessary in my opinion.

In any case, if or when you meditate do it for the benefit and compassion of all other beings and everything should be fine. At the start of meditation you declare honestly intent of meditation and this should keep away all scary stuff and entities. I think, they are mostly looking just for exploitation of negative emotions and desires. If you don't show them that than they will not bother you.

And when fearful stuff happens, this is sometimes like a test. Have confidence in your faith and connection with god. And all should be okay.

I really recommend the second video (all 4 parts) I posted in first post, I think you will enjoy it.

a reply to: Murgatroid

I respect your opinion and you say some interesting things. You get that religions are fake and connection with god is the point, yet you deny some method of prayers like meditation practices. Meditation is the same as prayers are for Christians. There is no difference, only in the mind of individual.

For every bad experiance there are a lot more good ones. If meditation would be as scary as you make it and a door for bad entities than Buddhism, Taoizem or other religions who uses meditation for prayer would not be popular for so long. It has both uses good and bad, it depends on the intent of individual what will be attracted.

I will not say that meditation is for everyone. But it is certainly not something to fear and you are spreading a lot of bad dogma with some of your posts. From a god devotee fear is not how you should spread the message and love for god. It is probably the oldest form of a prayer and a person can get direct experiance and genuine connection with god. In the end stage, user even becomes one with god, which is the real meaning of the word YOGA = UNION.

Meditation is just a tool. It has many uses. One can learn about control of mind and emotions, prana, astral words, all different beings, channelings, obe, bliss, samadhi etc etc...yes it is true, when you expose yourself to this stuff, your heart and intent will be noticed and it will attract just what you are giving out! If a person is motivated by pure compassion or positive emotions that will help you and attraction with angels or positive beings can happen! What is so bad about that?

Just before any practice it is most important that mind and heart are clear of any bad influences! This is often overlooked and due to that bad # happens. Rookie mistake : )

It is ok if you don't like meditation, but to spread fearful message about a tool, which can be used for direct experiences and even union with the divine is silly. It is just very powerful tool after all. And with awesome power also comes great responsibility and some cannot handle that or just need more learning. And I think that is why some needs a few scary lessons at first, to clean out the bad in them.

Everything is a lesson.

Also if you are a true Christian, than read the gospel of the Essens if you already didn't, they were supposedly the teachers of Jesus! Very good material and you will benefit from reading it. More so than from reading the bible even, as it is more spiritual than religious and with various practical lessons which we can use and have benefit from. Really good books and it is a pity they are not more popular than the bible in my opinion!
edit on 1452856544115January151153116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

BRAVO O O!!!!!
yes, meditation is so coooool....

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I watched that video, cute
i agree with the vibration theme, everything we do, say, think changes our world like a vibration to the universe, that reshapes itself... Do you like astrology? Some astrologers are so great, I just love their talent!
edit on 15-1-2016 by thepowerisinyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

no, this is my first time hearing about it. After googling it I have found the PDF and it is already on my desktop : )
after checking chapter titles I think I will enjoy it very much. Thanks for recommendation.

Also to return the favour I think you would enjoy reading gospels of the Essens. Another Christian golden jewel in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

ha! why did you edit, now my post reads wired : ))
just for the record, I am grateful you have mentioned the book!

Oh, that is nice. If you liked the first part, than other three parts will be even better, each part is about different subject and all four of them together paints a nice picture about real nature. They provide various explanations from different sources, Christianity, Buddhism, Tao, etc.. about our nature of reality and connection to god or the source : )

astrology it is great. But I like it in purest form not as is in newspapers today : )- but more old school, like Chinese, Vedic and native American type. If you did not already, check out your vedic astrology and see what it says about you. When I checked it out for me, it was really on the spot and have learned a bit info about myself. A lot of stuff was right and I was really amazed.

I think that position of stars and planets at birth can indeed tells us a few things about yourself but unfortunately it is hard to get a good source. But some are still available for free in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Yes, I shall read it sometime. Do you have a lot of time to meditate? I can't find the time
I'd like one day to form a distant group here on ats to meditate together at the same time. You in?

edit on 15-1-2016 by thepowerisinyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Yes, the book is The imitation of Christ, by Toma of Kempis. Recommended to all.
UniFinity, check out my favorite astrologer Kelley Rosano on youtube, write your sign 2016

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

If you haven't seen this, you'll love it: The Secret - documentary!!!!! About how we attract things with our mind!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepowerisinyou

I am an open minded Christian. I love my Bible but I could as well been born muslim and believe in God and not Jesus as His Son and just a prophet. That means Im bad? No.

This is a concept I have no idea how religious people get around. You openly admit and acknowledge that if you were born somewhere else, you would be following a different religion, yet you don't see how that is proof that your religion is just as meaningless as anyone else's.

You claim that you are a christian, which means you follow a religion. The information you receive about christianity is from the bible, and the bible alone. Without it, you would have no idea of the story of Jesus, or Adam and Eve, or anything else the bible speaks of.

If you were born in India, you'd likely believe in millions of gods. Not just a monotheistic one.

If you're argument is simply "Well, I'd believe in a god no matter what I was born, and a belief in a god is better than a belief in no god" then you're not religious, your theistic. You're willing to throw away everything in your religion and just be content with accepting Zeus and the Greek Pantheon.

If you acknowledge this, why even consider your self a christian in the first place?

The Pope himself said that if you are good, even if you dont believe anything, you wont go to hell.

You believe the pope, yet the pope believes the bible is factual, and gets much of his information from it, but you also agree with Murgatroid that god and religion are separate entities and that god hates religion, and you also believe that without religion you would still believe in God and Jesus.

The Contradiction is strong with you.

God is not a religion in essence, if you want to believe in some details, Bible or Koran or nothing, thats just a detail.Keep the essence, we have a Creator. And I have my detail, you have yours.

You seem to be referring to another monotheistic religion only, and an Abrahamic one at that. Do you not see the problem with your concept when we introduce other religions that aren't monotheistic? Such as the Hindu scriptures, which believe that there are over 330 million gods. Or the Pantheon of Olympians in the Greek religion. Or Taoism and Shintoism in the East, and also contemporary tribal religions in Africa and the Americas, all of which have distinct, multiple gods that do different things and create different things.

Your theory falls apart when we include any religion that believes in more than one god.

You can believe everything it's fictional, I simply don't.

It's not a belief, I can actually prove that a particular religion is false when the 'details' you ascribe to make certain claims about the universe around us. I can prove that a particular religion is false, when we can directly see the plagiarized material within it's scripture. I can prove that particular god to be false, when details surrounding them are impossible, even in the supernatural realm.

If you want to believe in a god and not ascribe to religion, then you are not a Christian, you're a theist. If you want to ascribe to the teachings in any scripture, and that specific characters existed, and attempt to follow what that scripture says you need to do in order to get your golden ticket to it's form of heaven, you're not just a general theist anymore, you are part of a religion.

You can't have both, it makes no sense.
edit on 15/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

How do I find the time? my dear, I have all the time in the world! : )
But for me it is easy as my first priority for this life is spirituality or knowing myself. So my hobbies and other life choices are made around this main goal.

For a beginners and people who are curious and would like to start meditation, I would advice meditating just before sleep and or immediately after waking up. Just try to do it regularly and it will quickly become a habit with a lot of various benefits if approached correctly (explained in my second post in this thread). Length of meditation is not as important as quality. So you can be done fairy quickly if you give it all attention and concentration with right intent. If you start with five or 10 minutes, it is good start!
But don't push yourself but rather enjoy the silence of mind as long as is comfortable and stop when you feel it is enough.

Thank you, but I am afraid I will have to decline your invitation, but there are many other people here who meditate and I assume some others would like that, when you feel like it, try a new thread and see how it goes ; ) .
For some reason I don't feel this is for me. I have also declined in real-life other invitations for group meditation in the past, dunno why exactly. I like being alone and especially when I meditate. It is very personal thing for me and I feel for now, that I enjoy the most when going solo : )
But who knows, maybe in the future I will learn something new and I will be more open up for these things.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

My God is flexible and understanding, I am a Christian, I am devoted to the Bible, I made the choice, you made yours, thats all I'm saying, I'm not judging anybody....

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Thanks for mentioning the name of astrologer Kelley Rosano. I will check it out as I am curious what she has to say. But otherwise I don't wonder about the future. But I like to get different insights when it comes to astrology, they have been useful in the past and maybe this one will provide some more...

hmm about the Secret, I have watched it, but sorry I don't share the same opinion about it : )
Although I think it provides some good info but in my opinion they went too far with explanations and examples just so that people will like it very much. They have presented a deep spiritual subject (law of attraction) in a too simplistic manner, avoiding spiritual details and focusing on material gains.
But the general principles which documentary is explaining are real and universal, but unfortunately presentation is a bit shallow for my taste.
edit on 1452867304115January151153116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

My God is flexible and understanding, I am a Christian, I am devoted to the Bible, I made the choice, you made yours, thats all I'm saying, I'm not judging anybody....

Yet you agree that god hates religion, and also claim to be religious? and you see no issue with this?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

You are absolutely right in your arguments, but it's hard to explain my kind of faith. I will take some time soon and write you a few things to answer your posts. Thank you, your logic is flawless really.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Take as much time as you need.

Also, my logic is far from flawless.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

God looks in the heart, not if you are muslim, catholic, indian, atheist. I know thats not in the bible my friend! Big smile for you...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The Bible resonates with my heart, everybody is somewhat influenced by their background, but doesn't mean mine is incorrect necessarily, like I'm saying yours isn't... I'm keeping the understanding. Im confortable with my religion, with the Bible....I understand everybody, I can't tell them why they have to believe my version....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join