It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encouraging people to turn to God!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Now lets listen some Derulo
)) sweet dreams fellows.
edit on 14-1-2016 by thepowerisinyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepowerisinyou
a reply to: Ghost147
Im starting to like you and pity you at the same time.

If my information is invalid, feel free to enlighten me on how it is.

You never had any communication with God, feel loved, feel protected? F**k facts, have some faith....

Yes, let's all be delusional together. Why would we trust those pesky facts when all they do is make us scared and vulnerable without an imaginary friend to 'protect' us?

Do you not see how dangerous your mentality is? If the Bible said the Sky is Red, not blue, I couldn't convince you otherwise. This level of rejecting reality is good, why?

Pray, trust God, He is always there for you, don't dissappoint Him, respect His word, don't push Him away!

I have already proven that your god is a product of fiction. You have yet to even address a single one of my points with any valid argument. Why would I pray to a fictitious character when you've offered nothing but your own admitted delusion as evidence?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
OP this thread rocks and I see it as THE most important thing in life as far as topics go...

Many of my own supernatural experiences with God confirm it.

As for meditation, it can and will open the door for demonic spirits and harassment into a persons life.

My research and the experiences of many posters right here on ATS have confirmed this as well.

The bottom line is that meditation will do exactly the opposite of what you are seeking in life.

It's just another New Age TRAP and the agenda behind it is identical to all other false religions.

Another massive red flag:

Demons communicate through meditation, which is why it is also used in Satanism so effectively.

Below is one quote from another thread explaining how to summon demons that confirms this:

originally posted by: MikhailBakunin
During the day... study the arts.... meditate all that you can, look up how to open your 3rd eye... The way the daemon communicates is through telepathy since you're new to this whole thing.... that's why meditation is very important... to hear him and not yourself.

New Age "spirituality" is just another TRAP set by the elite and inventors of religion, for the purpose of social control. ...they created New Age religion to keep people trapped in the matrix of CONTROL. It's like a last ditch effort to hold people down, to keep the ones who are "getting away" from escaping their control.

"New Age" Religion/Spirituality: Just more HYPOCRISY and MIND CONTROL

originally posted by: OkieDokie
My mother still suffers from attacks at that house, as does my aunt. I believe that these shadow people gain strength from the use of occultic objects and rituals. In an attempt to get rid of the activity at the house, my mother has burned sage, hung up dream catchers, and surrounds herself with anything paranormal. She has tried demanding for this thing to leave and has gone through meditations and imagining light surrounding the house.

Throughout all of this, the shadow person has at times stepped up the attacks, or has remained unchanged. Others here have mentioned that they have only seen the shadow people while meditating. I believe that all of these activities give them an "in" if you will. My life has finally been rid of these shadow people and the only way that has happened is from me drawing close to Christ, spending time in the Word, and getting rid of any idols, as well as anything new-agey, paranormal, occultic ect. Like I had mentioned before, I was a Christian prior to all of these things taking place, but I wasn't living like it.

originally posted by: JayinAR
I I was mad as hell when I ran my spooks off and they don't come around much anymore. Nowadays it is just your average poltergeist crap ever once in awhile. Also I would add that meditation is what kicked off the worst experiences for me. Be careful with that stuff.

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
A place that was never haunted before can become haunted, but I would say that the majority of the time there was something done to bring these entities in. Dabbling in the occult is apt to accomplish this, but sometimes it only takes something as simple as meditating. Meditation opens a person up, or can at least, to such things. It can act as a beacon to certain entities. I don't know how often it happens, but I know it can happen, for whatever reason. So my advice to everyone is don't mess around, even if you "think" you know what you're doing

New Age deep meditation and hypnotism are particularly dangerous. They are not recognized as being channels to demons, but they provide a direct pathway for demonic influence upon the mind. Communication with demons

Meditation is the technique whereby a person empties his mind of all conscious thought, while chanting a series of repetitive words or phrases as many times as possible. Once a person does this repeatedly, he/she will begin to experience the phenomenon whereby the mind begins to lose its normal contact with the body. This phenomena is called an "Out-of-Body" experience, and is very common in occultic circles.

Once the mind loses its normal connection with the body the person then is ready to meet his/her "Guiding Spirit". Christian author, Johanna Michaelson, captures the Satanic essence of meditation and Guiding Spirits in her book, "The Beautiful Side Of Evil". Guiding Spirits identify themselves by name, including Jesus Christ, the Virgin Mary, or one of the Apostles.

The person who is involved is truly deceived into thinking they have just discovered THE one, true way to actually come into contact with God. In reality, they have just come into contact with a Satanic demon, who has temporarily transformed himself into a being appearing very kind, gentle, and wise. The stage is set for these demonic beings to manipulate and mislead their human victims. These people have become demonically possessed. WALK-INS

The human spirit has tremendous power. Because man is in bondage to sin, for him to access now his human spirit with his soul means using the power of the human spirit for greater evil and sin. That is why all religions outside of the Bible and Jesus Christ tell you to meditate by blanking your mind. Why? Satan is behind this teaching because he wants access to our human spirit and the tremendous power it holds to use for His evil purposes.

Since for this reason God does not want us to access our human spirit, the only way a religious person outside of Christ is able to access his human spirit is though demonic power, a demonic spirit bridging the human soul to the human spirit, but under the demonic spirit’s control. For this reason, God in His Word forbids us to access our human spirit.

The Human Spirit and Meditation

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I understand all that you're saying, but let me keep my God and you keep your wisdom if thats all you have.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I understand all that you're saying, but let me keep my God and you keep your wisdom if thats all you have.

And I truly hope that one day you will come to recognize how you've spent so much of your life in fear of something that does not exist, and that you do not spread your mentality to successive generations.

Religion had it's time thousands of years ago. It is time for it to now wither from society.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Religion had it's time thousands of years ago. It is time for it to now wither from society.

Totally agree...

Although I believe that you and the OP are speaking of two entirely different things.

You are referring to religion, he is not.

You clearly have God and religion confused.

God is NOT religious, nor is He the one behind religion.

The two have NOTHING in common and in fact are total opposites.

Which is why Jesus opposed religion and the religious people hated Him so fiercely.

All religion does is drive people AWAY from God which is exactly what it was designed to do.

You might wonder "How on earth God could hate religion? Ridiculous! God loves religion. GOD IS RELIGION! Or at least He's completely in favour of it... surely? Saying that 'God hates religion' seems like talk of 'Peace keeping Missiles' or 'Cold heat'. Impressive contradictions designed to catch our attention.

But its true, God does hate religion. And the reason is that religion is not relationship. Religion is all about us trying to impress God with large buildings, sacrifices, good works and inspirational cultural achievements. But, and this may be hard to hear, God's just not interested in us impressing him.

You see, Religion is like washing your hands to clean your heart - hopeless window dressing. You may as well put a band aid on cancer! And God hates that we do it. He hates that we pretend that religion is the answer. In the Bible God says, "They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men."

What God wants is relationship. Not on our terms with our rules and rituals. He doesn't want us to do something to establish relationship with him. No, He's done what needs to be done. You could say, God's already done the religious thing. He sent his son Jesus to die on the cross to pay for our sin so that we can have friendship with him. Jesus' death is the only offering that pleases God. It is the only religious sacrifice that God accepts. One way of thinking about this is that Religion is what we try to do to please God whereas Jesus' death and resurrection is what God has already done that saves us.

It's true, God hates religion!

Almost everything man has put his hand to he has ruined the sea, the land, and the very air we breathe. We just must be in control. Even the Almighty has not been safe from smudged human fingerprints. Religion became the container we put God into. We took something pure and simple and complicated it; then we made up rules and regulations and called them holy. Every Sunday we visit a building we call church and follow a rite we call religion. Everyone thinks that God and religion are synonymous, but they are actually opposites.

God has a much better plan for us. He never wanted to be perceived as distant, judging, or overshadowing. He wanted to be part of us and every moment of our lives. But man decided that wasn't right for the Creator of the universe, so they made him big, unreachable and surrounded him with traditions, laws and rituals.

...all he ever wanted was to love us and to be our Father, to throw off the heavy armor of religion and don the velvet cloak of relationship. Most importantly she directs us to where we can embrace who we were always meant to be by getting to know God, who he is and what he likes and dislikes. And one thing is for sure God Hates Religion!

God Hates Religion!

"What if I told you Jesus came to abolish religion... just because you call some people blind doesn’t automatically give you vision..."

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I dont live in fear, if the sky would fall on me, I would have Who to turn to, there is a higher purpose in life and it's called GOD.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here is something to think about...

If God really is who he says he is and if he really does care about us and wants us to know the truth would you WANT to know?

I mean seriously, we can all spend our whole lives arguing about God but what it comes down to is no one else can convince you but God himself.

I think most of us make the mistake of trying to complicate things and figure God out...

Wisdom is only gained through experience and things aren't really as complicated as they seem.

Once you've had a personal experience with God, all of these questions will vanish.

If you ask Jesus to show himself to you in an honest and humble manner, he will do something to show you he is real.

Be patient though as he will do this on HIS timing, not yours.

If your motive is proving that you are right and He is wrong, don't even waste you're time or His.

I can personally vouch for what 'FlyInTheOintment' says below...

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
God doesn't lie either - but he veils the truth from those who consider themselves wise in their own eyes. Finding the truth is a matter of humility and the acceptance of our need for grace (nobody can be counted pure in the eyes of God... Perseverance in seeking the person of God is the key. If we knock, the door will be opened. After that, it's just a matter of time until he 'leads us into all truth' by the power of His Spirit.

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
You are an open-minded sort of person, by the look of things! A rare thing in these days and times. I would advise you to pray a simple prayer, and see what happens. Test it out! Simply say: ''God, if you are real, would you reveal yourself to me in some way. I want to know the Truth...''

That's what I did ten years ago, and the very next day someone walked past me in the street, before stopping, turning back and pointing to me. She said: '"You've been praying. God answers prayer. Come with me...'' She was prompted by the still, small voice of calm, the voice of God's own Spirit, who lives with all believers, to be an intermediary between me and God, to prove His existence, so that I could answer the call of God, to give my life to Him.

I came to faith in Christ through her talking with me, and since that day God has shown me a thousand things that I would have no natural way of knowing. He does so in order to help us in real, practical and spiritual ways, and to help others to come to know Him. He desires for you to walk with Him, and to know His voice, and to bless your life in a million different ways. Take it or leave it - but I hope you take it, in faith.

Ask, and you will receive. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you. Don't bother with 'Droidus the spirit guide' (or others like him) - he has no answers for anyone; not even those who are devoted to him. God Himself will be your guide.

originally posted by: WeAllDieSoon
The nature of the Truth is that not everyone hears it. The proof of God is everywhere. Creation itself is proof. Knowing the Truth and proclaiming it is not pride. I can provide evidence, which I already have, but proof is something that comes from God. The truth is either God revealed the truth or He didn't. The truth is you have been given the ability to seek the truth. Where there is smoke...

Me, I know because I spent years seeking. My God has revealed Himself to me. He does that after you seek Him. He does it because He said He would. You can't know if I am telling the truth, though. That is because God designed your reality so that it is up to you, personally, to seek the truth. If you hear it, and believe it, you will seek God. And then you will know what I know.

edit on 14-1-2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Yes, God is not a religion! Thanks for joining, I also thank Ghost147 for sharing his views, which have good sense, even if I have my own twisted ideas
) Meditation is a long subject, I'll say my part tomorrow. Im a she not a he

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I dont live in fear, if the sky would fall on me, I would have Who to turn to, there is a higher purpose in life and it's called GOD.

Absolutely correct, yesterday I saw something that confirms it too:

The good news is that modern culture, based on the premise there is no inherent purpose or positive design in human life, has been exposed as a long-term Illuminati psy-op designed to demoralize us. It will fail.

The Satanic Origin of Modern Cult-ure

ATS has numerous threads full of posts saying there is no purpose for life...

I see this simply as a confirmation that social programming is an elaborate psy-op and we've all been influenced by it.

I believe it's the reason that so many appear to be completely immune to the truth even when reality is staring them right in the face.

...historians, educators and journalists collaborate by upholding a false reality and distracting us from the truth. Our world, our perception of the human experience, are shaped by an occult secret society. Our culture is an elaborate psy-op.

The Satanic Cult That Rules the World

POPULAR CULTURE = BRAINWASHING. "Popular culture" (music, TV, movies, books, fashion etc.) is NOT spontaneous but corporate controlled and manufactured. "Today's mass culture operates like the opium trade: The supply determines the demand."

Bankers Are Behind The Counter Culture

Modern Western culture is based on denying objective truth and erecting a false reality in its place. The New World Order is dedicated to replacing Truth with a solipsism created by the same people who create money from nothing and charge interest.

Modern society is based on a solipsism created by Illuminati (Cabalist) Jewish bankers and their Masonic minions. The word "solipsism" means a self-created reality that has little or no connection with Truth. Instead of being dedicated to Truth, humanity has been hijacked by the bankers. The "New World Order" is a solipsism that stymies and enslaves mankind while increasing the bankers' power and wealth. We are being drawn into a solipsism that inverts good and evil; truth and lies. We are being inducted into a satanic cult.

WESTERN CULTURE BASED ON DENYING REALITY

Thus kulture is contrived. How do we know what we know? We are taught by the mass media and the education system. But what if they were subverted by a satanic secret society, i.e. the Illuminati? The mass media and education system promote this suspension of reality. Truth is suppressed. Lies are promulgated. Negative or self-destructive behavior is portrayed in a positive light.

How the Illuminati Control Culture

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Thank you for the back up, angel brother
))) yes, thats it

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You're mistaking what I mean by fear. I am referring to Hell and God himself. After all:

(Ecclesiastes 12:13)
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all

(Exodus 20:20)
Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning.

(Leviticus 19:14)
'Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God. I am the Lord.

(Leviticus 25:17)
Do not take advantage of each other, but fear your God. I am the Lord your God.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
You are referring to religion, he is not. You clearly have God and religion confused. God is NOT religious, nor is He the one behind religion. The two have NOTHING in common and in fact are total opposites. Which is why Jesus opposed religion and the religious people hated Him so fiercely.

If it is a specific god, such as Yahweh, Or Jesus, then it pertains to religion. Where does one get the information about these gods? The religion. Talk to god all you want, most (thankfully) admit to not receiving an audible and/or direct response. Even then, what evidence does a person have to decipher which god is talking to them? What's the evidence that shows that Satan isnt pretending to be god?

Of course, this is all nonsensical if the OP doesn't believe anything in the bible. That would mean they are a Theist, not a Christian.

So, thepowerisinyou, do you consider yourself a Christian?

But its true, God does hate religion.

You speak with a lot of certainty despite providing no evidence.

And the reason is that religion is not relationship. Religion is all about us trying to impress God with large buildings, sacrifices, good works and inspirational cultural achievements. But, and this may be hard to hear, God's just not interested in us impressing him.

Ah, so this is all personal opinion then?

What God wants is relationship.

What is your evidence that God wants a relationship?

God has a much better plan for us.

What is your evidence that God has a better plan for us?

...all he ever wanted was to love us and to be our Father

What is your evidence that all god ever wanted was to love us?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Where does one get the information about these gods? The religion.

Forget about 'information about god'...

If God ever visits you like he did me, you will no longer ask the type of questions you are asking.

He isn't interested in people just knowing ABOUT Him...

When He visits you, you will KNOW what is real.

I posted the quotes above by 'FlyInTheOintment' for a reason, my experiences were similar to his.

If you ever decide you want answers, you only need to do what he did above, I did and I can assure you that it DOES work just like he said it does.

what evidence does a person have to decipher which god is talking to them? What's the evidence that shows that Satan isnt pretending to be god?

Look, are you going to stop spending money just because counterfeit money exists?

That makes JUST as much sense.

Religion is the counterfeit, satan is behind it and he WILL do his best to make it appear as though God is the one behind it.

The fact that the world is full of religious counterfeits doesn't nullify the genuine encounters that many others have had.

I have seen numerous confirmations of this, Howard Pittman's experience of hearing satan's voice audibly while pretending to be God is the best example I have ever seen.

You speak with a lot of certainty despite providing no evidence.

I speak with certainty only because of the fact that I have personally experienced what I am talking about.

My evidence will not help you, as I said above, wisdom is only gained through experience.

You want evidence?

Do what 'FlyInTheOintment' described above and you'll have more evidence than you can deal with in one lifetime.

Ah, so this is all personal opinion then?

You mean kinda like what YOU have been saying all along here?

What is your evidence that God wants a relationship?
What is your evidence that God has a better plan for us?
What is your evidence that all god ever wanted was to love us?

My evidence is what happened when God decided to show up and show out.

You weren't meant to believe that my experience was real, my experience was for me.

Again, read what 'FlyInTheOintment' said above and if your motives are pure, do it.

If you really WANT evidence, that is where it's going to come from.

Again, talk is cheap, results require action.

edit on 14-1-2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

If God ever visits you like he did me, you will no longer ask the type of questions you are asking.

That must make you feel very special.

If a voice or vision of a god comes to greet me, the first thing I'm going to do is call a psychologist.

He isn't interested in people just knowing ABOUT Him. When He visits you, you will KNOW what is real.

And when he doesn't, I can safely assume he doesn't exist, and the confirmation of all the information I've given which already discounts his existence on it's own will be set. Got it.

If you ever decide you want answers, you only need to do what he did above, I did and I can assure you that it DOES work just like he said it does.

If it were that simple, we would have clear evidence at a global scale, and throughout human history.

Look, are you going to stop spending money just because counterfeit money exists? That makes JUST as much sense.

Your analogy does not apply to the argument at hand. If you're being directly contacted by a god, what power do you have to confirm this god is really the god it's telling you it is?

I speak with certainty only because of the fact that I have personally experienced what I am talking about.

And how have you discovered what you experienced isn't a hallucination? Personal experience is one of the least accurate ways of confirming anything, and is entirely subjective to a magnitude of variables that can interfere with your ability to experience almost anything with any sort of clarity.

There's a reason scientists don't use personal experience as a way to justify hypothesis. Objective reasoning is far more accurate. Cross referencing conclusions is far more accurate. Peer review buffs out any flaws in the hypothesis. Multiple forms of evaluation ensures the conclusion is accurate.

Subjective analysis is flawed at it's core, so it's weight in 'proof' is meaningless.

My evidence will not help you, as I said above, wisdom is only gained through experience.

As shown above, this claim is false.

You want evidence?
Do what 'FlyInTheOintment' described above and you'll have more evidence than you can deal with in one lifetime.

I'll review it in a moment, need to head out for a bit.

You mean kinda like what YOU have been saying all along here?

My claims are backed by evidence, and I can cite each and every one of them. Pick anything I have said and I will provide you external sources which my information derives from.

My evidence is what happened when God decided to show up and show out.

So a likely hallucination, experienced by you and you alone, with no ability to recreate the experience, and with no external equipment to verify that what you experienced is not product of a hallucination (or potential personality disorder) is your evidence?

I'm not feeling the impact from your evidence.

You weren't meant to believe that my experience was real, my experience was for me.

You misspelled "hallucination" with the word "experience"

Again, talk is cheap, results require action.

The necessary actions to prove my points have already occurred, and I can back up all my claims with citation. All you have is hearsay and personal experience that cannot be created. Perhaps you should abide by your own words and present your 'action' rather than your 'talk'.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

they are both tools, unable to speak for themselves and granted vice or virtue by the minds that wield them. the questions of why are we here and where do we come from dont matter. if you turned out to be a science experiment, bacteria farmed on demon waste, or the remains of a particularly gusty bit of flatulence from a passing unicorn, you should do your best to be someone you would like to know.

worry less about supreme beings and afterlives and do more about our home here on planet earth.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I posted the quotes above by 'FlyInTheOintment' for a reason, my experiences were similar to his.

If you ever decide you want answers, you only need to do what he did above, I did and I can assure you that it DOES work just like he said it does

You do realize that all that is needed to prove this wrong is by nothing happening once a person does what you suggest.

And when nothing happens, what will you do? move the goal post? Say "well you didn't really believe in what you were saying"

If it was as simple as saying this prayer: ''God, if you are real, would you reveal yourself to me in some way. I want to know the Truth...'' and it's an instant ticket to god revealing them self, do you not think that the entire world would have caught on by now?

Do you not think that I have already honestly tried this to no avail? Do you not think that a plethora of Atheists, and non believers have done this, receiving no answer, despite honestly hoping that there really was a god that responded?

Do you not know that other religions that ascribe to a different god(s) have used a similar means of revealing their god(s) to themselves, all claiming to have been reached to by these different gods?

You think that your god is special, and yet discount all others, even though everyone of every other faith claims the exact proof you're claiming, with all the same identical experience they use as evidence.

My question is, what makes yours more evident than the others?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Of course you should go to hell if you deserve!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I am an open minded Christian. I love my Bible but I could as well been born muslim and believe in God and not Jesus as His Son and just a prophet. That means Im bad? No. The Pope himself said that if you are good, even if you dont believe anything, you wont go to hell. God is not a religion in essence, if you want to believe in some details, Bible or Koran or nothing, thats just a detail.Keep the essence, we have a Creator. And I have my detail, you have yours.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: thepowerisinyou

Well said

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join