It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only a Few Real Crop Circles in 2004???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Crop Circles fascinate me, I don't believe that every single one of the crop circles made on earth are real paranormal events, nor do I believe that all are man made. Some clearly are made by hands of humans and others are a little more intriguing. I don't necessarily believe that crop circles are of alien nature either, i find it highly possible that crop circles could be an earthly phenomenon. Either way, this site has a very interesting analysis of crop circles and of circles made in 2004. (the fine print is killer on the eyes but it's worth the read)

2004: The Year That Wasn't

And so in 2004 we again appear to find ourselves in close agreement, for out of all the glyphs which appeared over southern England this season, I can honestly say that only one possessed signs of authenticity � a simple pattern which appeared around May 20, below the white horse chalk figure at Pewsey; I have also received reports of two other possible authentic designs: simple circles on the Marlborough Downs, and a dumbbell design in Devon, which I was unable to visit.

To end on a positive note, the view from the rest of the world appears to be increasingly positive. There have been 78 reports of crop circles outside England. In Canada and the USA a number of designs have shown altered crystalline structure to the plants and the soil; at the time of writing, a report from the Northwest Territories of Canada tells of two large tree circles in poplars, 500 and 300 feet in diameter. A dimensional ratio of 5:3? That would be a perfect fifth in music! So it appears that despite the persistent attempts of the media and the hoaxers, the awareness and understanding of the crop circles in other parts of the world is increasing at a steady pace.

Perhaps we are witnessing the closing of yet another phase in this phenomenon, and just like the two-year hiatus during the early 1990s, perhaps it will be 2006 before we see new expressions of this phenomenon. That would be my intuitive guess for now, but even if this ultimately is true I will not be saddened, because the presence of the Circlemakers, and the fringe benefits that come from working in a balanced way with their information provides great insulation against the agendas of a few misguided individuals.

oh yeah, what about the theory that crop circles only happen at intervals, when certain stars are aligned, etc, opening gateways? Is this a possible explanation for why there seems to be periods of activity and inactivity?

[edit on 1-7-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
BTW....

Pictures of 2004 Crop Circles:

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
WW, good to see ya posting again

Hmmmmm...Crop Cirlcles...This is one of those things that I could never sink my teeth into. I can;t say I am an expert, but have read enough to form my own opinion and feel somewhat confident about it. What is that opinion you ask? Well, basically, as of yet, i have not seen read, or heard anything conclusive that would lead me to accept the idea that the circles come from anything other than humans with boards and ropes etc...

I know that there are sometimes interesting and unusual phenomona that occur with these circles, but nothing that can't and usually isn't explained as scientific coincidences. I just think that we are not giving our fellow man enough credit here to say that somethings are too ornate, creative, and mysterious, to be man-made. But, as always, I am open minded enough to say that if the conclusive evidence comes to light (like catching on film a bunch of drunk aliens in some English cornfield carrying borads and ropes) that I was wrong. Nothing is impossible, just somethings are more improbable.

[edit on 7-1-2005 by mpeake]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ive always questioned crop circles.. If they wanted to communicate why would they do it in corn?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by codvx
Ive always questioned crop circles.. If they wanted to communicate why would they do it in corn?

yeah - just like those silly animals on this planet that urinate on things to communicate , how stupid does that sound but they still do it

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Like Worldwatcher I have a problem with Crop Circles -it is difficult to believe in them, but it is not easy to reject them either... Especially, because some of them are truly masterpieces of design.

[edit on 7-1-2005 by jazzgul]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
your imagination could go wild if you allow it. Maybe the circles aren't for us it is for themselves to mark territory so to say. Maybe it not the crop that is important maybe it is what lies below that has no meaning to us but it does to them.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
That crop circles remind me of a child being developed. The egg after fertilization would develope and form three spheres, one for the head, one for the body, and the last for the legs. On the big circle on top the first to appear, seams like a child head. I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Crop circles are little more that really pretty pictures in a field, but 95% of them simply appear to be man made works of art.

What do fascinate me are crop circles that appear outside the UK in fields that are very remote, in places where they are seldom seen if at all. Those circles are a bit more worthy of note, as many of them display a similar pattern: nothing will grow in them after they are made, while vegetation is quite normal and lush around them. The plants themselves have curious properties, the plants within the circle are often deformed, as if exposed to high radiation or heat, some plants wont even decay after years of being in bags. What sort of phenomenon is responsible is not clear. I havent seen anything solid that shows they are linked to real UFO activity. So what causes the real ones is anyones guess.

The theory of some sort of plasma vortex causes them is pretty much bunk to me. They cannot replicate this so called vortex, nor can they explain how the vortexes start, where they come from, ect.

It could be something comepletely unknown or undiscovered to science, which is why I think that scientists should investigate them more, to find out what sort of event could cause such things, and the resulting after effects.

I myself am willing to bet it is something natural but not yet understood, that more study is required, especially if there is microwave radiation involved, which the condition of plants in certain crop circles suggested, based on the inflated and cooked nature of those plants.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by acidhead

Originally posted by codvx

yeah - just like those silly animals on this planet that urinate on things to communicate , how stupid does that sound but they still do it

Silly animals do that to communicate to there own species not to communicate with another as there stupid logic dictates that another species wouldn`t understand there form of communication therefore rendering it useless

As with humans stupid logic sending out radio signals hoping to communicate with a species capable of understanding one of many languages on our own planet

top topics

join