It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life after death ( alternative perspective )

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d
a reply to: randyvs

No worries...as said I feel strongly about the idea of life keep going on. I also think it can be proven as the science progresses. We may not be far away. It will certainly be interesting to see what comes out

These next few years leading up to the twenties. We're gonna see
so much across the board. Unbelievable times dead ahead!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
nah.
dont believe it

if there is life after death or if we have died many times then what is the point of death?

why do we have to die then? cant that part just be skipped.

either way though if i die today and come back tomorrow as someone else and i dont remember my previous life then for all purposes it didnt happen.

I love those kind of questions, because it allows for really cool speculation.

What if we are ancient beings..like millions of years old, long since evolved into a technological wonder of infinate lifespan...through tech, no magic needed here, but imagine then a lifetime here spanning millions of years...

Sit down this weekend and do something entertaining, the interest is a couple hours if its a movie before you feel its kinda dragging on.
Play a video game, might be totally engrossed for potentially months, but then you discovered all the places, played all the missions, and start over doing a new character with different stats for a different gameplay.

aka, entertainment I think is key here..but not just to mess around while here...imagine relearning and re-experiencing it all, all the glorys and wonders of the eternal lifeform through a new perspective..
you could keep this system in place indefinately without bordom, continously refreshing your viewpoint, forgetting the details and relearning em again

I guess it would be like watching your favorite movie, and once its over, and you spend time reflecting, you decide to take a pill and forget all the details outside of "this was enjoyable"..then you watch it again for the first time and once again filled with all the new joys of it all

sounds like a pretty good setup..yeah, the death bit sucks, and the uncertainty of continuation also sucks..but if we were absolutely sure 100% that there is a continuation and we just sort of pop out of the game, suicide would be the norm..hell, it would be done over trivial things...got a weird scar on your leg, respawn. got a big student loan on a crap career, reset, etc..so it would have to remain generally unknown as fact, but with enough evidence to suspect there may be something so you dont lose hope.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It is good that people are trying to figure this out, but what would happen if it was figured out and the religious notions of souls and such were proven not to be anything near correct?.

I think we have to keep working on it with the tools and understanding we have, developing better tools and understanding of the subject as we go along.

....And when we figure it out, it will of course, be used as a weapon until a better weapon comes along, and then they will release it for use by the general public....

For a fee of course, so only the wealthy will have access to it.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

So what happens to people whose brains are destroyed at the instant of death? You know, accident victims, people who get blown up by bombs and so on?

No afterlife for them?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I took (smoked) D MT 2 years ago, after reading "The Spirit Molecule". It is found in several plants in the amazon. It is also created synthetically in the lab. Previously, I had experience with mushrooms and L SD, but believe me when I say that nothing can prepare you for a D MT trip into the beyond. I would call it L SD times 1000.

The experience:

Within about 5 seconds the awareness of my surroundings was completely gone, and I was only aware of whiteness (like a dense fog) and a faint light in the distance (like the sun through the fog). This was accompanied by the most peaceful feeling you can imagine, pure bliss, and only lasts 5 to 10 seconds. Then, suddenly, I was faced with a huge mandala full of intricate details. As soon as I focussed on one detail, I went through that part of the mandala and crossed to the OTHER SIDE... This is where you see racing 3D patterns in indescribable colours that seem to represent the fabric of life. These patterns were flowing down to me from above, like a waterfall. Once you get through that, you enter the spirit world, and are greeted by light-beings (They look like humans, except you can only see the contours of there bodies, including their facial features in neon light; yellow-green in my case.). They seemed ecstatic about my arrival and were cheering me along what looked like a neon highway that curved up into the distance. They were communicating with me and giving me great insights (which I didn't remember after the trip). One of the light-beings, a female, was clearly some sort of leader and came right up close to me, right in my face, and beckoned me, smiling and saying "Come on... COME OOOOOON!!!" She was urging me to go deeper into the beyond. All I had to do to go further was to not resist anything. And that's when I came up to what looked like a normal house. The double doors flung open, and I walked into a big party with dance music blasting and everyone there welcoming me inside. This whole scene looked just as reality on earth does. Then I was suddenly back in that waterfall of colourful patterns and slowly I became aware of my surroundings in the real world (in a friends back yard). Plants and trees were beautiful in colour and they had patterns on them that looked like cells under a microscope, and they were breathing (tree trunks literally expanded and contracted as if they had lungs). I could see all sorts of centipede like creatures crawling all over the grass. This gradually subsided and everything went completely back to normal. The whole trip only takes around 25 minutes in the real world. In my experience it seemed like even less. You are left with the absolute conviction of the reality of other dimensions. I have no doubt at all that this is where we go when we die.

Here is an excellent (and quite humorous) description of a D MT trip by Terrence McKenna:

soulwaxer

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

if there is life after death or if we have died many times then what is the point of death?

why do we have to die then? cant that part just be skipped.

I have a better question for you. Why do we have such self-defense mechanism designed in ourselves that after our body dies we get into a heightened state of cosnciousness where D MT may play an important role? I mean what is the point of that then?

And just to answer your question...death may be nothing more but a term because only your body fades away but consciousness lives on

a reply to: Astyanax

So what happens to people whose brains are destroyed at the instant of death? You know, accident victims, people who get blown up by bombs and so on? No afterlife for them?

A very good question so thanks for joining in. As you can see above we have a fail-safe mechanism in ourselves. The reason behind it is a complete mystery but it may also discharge previously to clinical death due to impending death "awareness" which would explain near death experiences in comparison to those who had death experiences because they were already pronounced dead but revived minutes later.

Again, this is just speculation so don`t hold to my words but proper neurological tests could show the same results if they were ever conducted in the same circumstances.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

So what happens to people whose brains are destroyed at the instant of death? You know, accident victims, people who get blown up by bombs and so on?

No afterlife for them?

From my research, I have learned that consciousness does not reside in the brain. It is non-local, and the brain is a receiver and transmitter of consciousness. Like a radio receives and transmits radio waves. So destroying the brain has no effect on consciousness, only on the translation into this reality plane.

soulwaxer

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

Thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge. If you have any more details to add on the subject please do so, I`m very interested

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d

Thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge. If you have any more details to add on the subject please do so, I`m very interested

I HIGHLY recommend reading Dr. Pim van Lommel's book "Consciousness Beyond Life". He is a cardiologist and did a study of near death experiences with over 400 people who suffered cardiac arrest. His book explains the concept of non-local consciousness. Here is an interview with him on his book:

And to add one more thing about the D MT experience: It is nothing like a dream. I have never had a dream that resembles it. It is way beyond the dream world.

soulwaxer
edit on 12-1-2016 by soulwaxer because: to add

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

i guess i glossed over that somehow.

though it seems like an interesting idea im not really sure what you mean by it. do you mean that in the 20 seconds a whole new life is happening in some other plane of existence?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer Wow, thank you for sharing your experience. It's interesting that people should experience the same thing, 5% the video said. It makes me wonder if the art of mandala making has more of a spiritual connection than we know. If we already have '___' in our pineal glands, what's to say some mystical practitioners haven't tapped into the spirit realm without actually taking the plant.
Also, thank you for the book recommendation by Pim Van Lommel.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: soulwaxer Wow, thank you for sharing your experience. It's interesting that people should experience the same thing, 5% the video said. It makes me wonder if the art of mandala making has more of a spiritual connection than we know. If we already have '___' in our pineal glands, what's to say some mystical practitioners haven't tapped into the spirit realm without actually taking the plant.
Also, thank you for the book recommendation by Pim Van Lommel.

The 5% mentioned in the video was only referring to one detail of the experience. Other parts of the experience have much more commonality among different experiencers. The light beings for example. Many people talk about being welcomed by them, how happy they are that you've arrived and how they encourage you to go further. I only read about that after my experience, but when you see them and they communicate with you, you KNOW they are not just your imagination. It's very difficult to explain, but the whole experience leaves you without a doubt whatsoever that you were in a realm that is very real, if not more real than our daily lives. The deep insights about nature and life that I got during the experience definitely add to that certainty. It is truly mind blowing, and afterwards all I could think was "Oh my God... I had no idea... it's REAL!!!

And yes, there is definitely something about mandala's. Carl Jung often wrote about them and their importance. He also drew them as means to understand his own psychology.

About D MT in our pineal gland and mystical practitioners somehow tapping into it: Maybe this is something that we naturally had access to in our past, before we developed as far as we have today psychologically and before all the brainwashing. Maybe certain animals still have access to it. I also often think that maybe this is what the secret knowledge is all about that we hear so often in reference to the illuminati. The all seeing eye (the third eye, the pineal gland) comes to mind...

soulwaxer
edit on 12-1-2016 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2016 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
i love this thread, thank you OP

i do think we never die, but i do think we keep coming back here and i don't think we get much choice (unless you have lived here many many times until you have learned your lesson? who knows but like someone said its good to speculate.

I just feel we are slaves on a prison. prob animals too have souls/spirit and they come back? as animals again, or we have to come back as an animal?

i have a story to tell about my brothers ex who died back in 2004 aged 40 any way 2 years later he ended up working at the airport, about a year later a woman he worked with said, i have a friend who is a medium and she wants to speak to you. he went to see her and she had words from Pauline, she told Peter stuff only they knew, she told Peter she had to wait untill he got the job at the airport to be able to contact him. she said her job was to greet car crash victims and bring them to the light, Pauline also had 2 young children with her ( they never had children)

don't know if any of you have seen this vid

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

My 1st Cousin and I were also best friends. She was killed in an MVA. Seat belt on a brand new truck snapped.
She flew through the windshield and was pronounced DOA.
Yet her body was kept alive of life support for her organs.
She'd have been 18 in 1986 but for the MVA.
Her term? Instant Brain Death.

It is wrong though. When my late Uncle got there, her eyes flickered and she said, " Dad. "
After 4 months on life support, all her organs were lined up.
She'd been wanting to get baptized for about 6 months before her death and the last 3 weeks of her life, she talked of it every day.
She hadn't been able to decide between Roman Catholic or Seventh Day Adventist.
Her Mom one, her Dad the other.
Throughout the 4 months, family were with her daily.
It would appear she'd cry when we did, her cheeks wet, mouth more downward.

They decided because he saw her Dad 1st, and last, that it was a sign so before removing her organs and life supports, they should baptize her 1st.
When the last word of the baptismal was over, she sighed.
It looked like she'd attempted to smile.
She also had fresh tears down her cheeks, dribbling onto the bed.

In my 31 years working specifically in hospitals, I'd never seen another brain dead, head so grossly large it did not even look like her, do anything she'd done.
Comatose Patients yes, brain dead or a few anacephalitic, yes.
Brain dead no.

She had to have had a current still hitting her brain synapses on occasion if not always. Present on some small level I mean.

During training, we all had to work 4 week periods in funeral homes, learning more about the graving survivor's Psyche for Psychology. Multiculturalism, Theology and Sociology.

Saw a lot of odd things, but never another case as hers.

My Stars I still miss her so badly! May she R.I.P
edit on th312016Wed, 13 Jan 2016 01:41:36 -06000116th31amWed, 13 Jan 2016 01:41:36 -0600 by StormyStars because: 1 word

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

its nice to see someone who has arrived at the subject with at least some research, rather than just "a feeling" or a "knowing"

Granted the research is subjective and all depends on your own perception, I think the best thing to focus on here is the brain wave activity just before death and maybe collate some experiences of people who have had NDE. These are the facts from the actual biological side and also testimony from people who have experienced it.

You could technically explain the afterlife with science, using parallel dimensional energy transfer theory for example, which is a word I have just made up, but there is evidence of other dimensions and energy transfer in quantum physics, there isn't of clouds with angels on.

Anyways, I look forward to this thread as long as people can remain mature about it and approach it from a objective perspective. To those members that don't, I suggest watching a film with your popcorn!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

Yes, that is my speculation. Since time perception is entirly up to us, our consciousness, a neurological process in our brain, we could all be living those 20 seconds of previous life now. As said in OP, for an outside observer it is clear that these are 20 seconds but for us it could be a lifetime. Though science does agree that time continuum exists separately from our awereness and actions, it can`t be certain about the exact measurement of it. In this plane and universe it seems we have established a pretty decent one by observing the movements of celestial bodies and it serves us well but ultimately looking this could all be happening in a matter of seconds and we couldn`t tell the difference.

a reply to: StormyStars

Sorry to hear that, I`d also be pissed if they had proclaimed her brain dead when she was giving signs that this is not the case. May she rest in peace or should we say...may she enjoy in the next life

a reply to: meremortal

Well I believe animals do have consciousness or a soul also so yeah it is possible that at certain point they take over a human-like vessel. Whether the vessel and the world/plane was created separately from our mind/consciousness or it is created by our mind/consciousness, that I simply don`t know. Both options are possible I guess.

Regarding mediums, I think there are some who are geniune and are able to communicate with other worlds but they are extremly rare. It`s a pity that everything revolves around money thesedays and that is why there are so many frauds out there. So yeah like you said, she had to wait for her husband to come into contact with the right person to be able to send him a message. Thanks for sharing your story.

a reply to: pigsy2400
Thanks, and I strongly agree with what you said.
I also think the instruments can get better because we may be missing on some crucial details...
edit on 13-1-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

The reason behind it is a complete mystery but it may also discharge previously to clinical death due to impending death "awareness" which would explain near death experiences in comparison to those who had death experiences because they were already pronounced dead but revived minutes later.

As you say, speculation. Fair enough. But wouldn’t this ‘death awareness’ business imply precognition? Not sure I buy that.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

From my research, I have learned that consciousness does not reside in the brain. It is non-local, and the brain is a receiver and transmitter of consciousness. Like a radio receives and transmits radio waves. So destroying the brain has no effect on consciousness, only on the translation into this reality plane.

Send me a U2U when you publish.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

You shouldn`t...I guess we`ll have to wait for further experiments and analysis. I only wish we would be investing more funds into projects like this.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

You are never alone. Say that to a real shaman and he will laugh at your face! Loneliness is an illusion created by your ego. When Awake, you can see not only with your physical senses but spiritual ones, the infinite interconnections of life everywhere, on all plans. And by then the idea of loneliness is but a silly self deceptive bs.

As funny as it sounds, the "secret" of the afterlife is found within, as the fastest way. Or you can expect others to find an answer for you however it will all but the Truth. And you will be stuck in an endless spiral of falsity and confusion.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join