It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three funerals this week...cancer!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Never heard that before. It's very beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I lost my parents decades ago, and this song reminds me of when they slow-danced around the kitchen. Sympathies for losses as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I don't believe I said "resenting". I try hard not to use it and didn't mean to imply it also.

I dwell on nothing and know well that we all pass eventually. We are all aware.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I read your thread this morning and wanted to ponder a response adequate to get near enough to offer you my sincerest condolences on your loss. There just aren't enough words. Cancer has taken my loved ones too.

I am so so sorry.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Thanks to all who have replied. We've all felt it I know, the anger, frustration and finally resignation. Knowing that it is coming doesn't make it any easier. After last week I'm hesitant to answer the phone...or read the obits in the paper.

But there is always some good news to balance things out somewhat. Two weeks ago my sister was diagnosed with leukemia. Last week she changed docs and after further testing, the diagnosis was proven wrong. We celebrate the good news!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Never heard that before. It's very beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I lost my parents decades ago, and this song reminds me of when they slow-danced around the kitchen. Sympathies for losses as well.

Glad you liked the song. What a lovely image to have of your parents dancing around the kitchen.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I am so happy to hear about your Sister! I think you've had enough bad news for a while.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Since when is cancer a punishment for those who choose to fully live their lives despite the dictats of of petty beurocrats who have sticks up their butt.

Non-smokers, non-drinkers, joggers and people who eat right still get sick and still die. They get no dispensation for being "rightous" in the eyes of our public health overloads.

Haven't you noticed that despite the "fact" that smoking is said to cause every disease known to man and the billions of dollars spent on a 55 year campaign of harassment and denormalization, that the incidendents of cancer has NOT fallen. Are you maybe starting to think that you are being lied to?

The Cancer Society doesn't need to spend the trillions given to it over the years on actual cancer research. They only need to spend pennies on anti-smoking, anti-drinking and anti-eating campaigns and we will then all wear halos as we enjoy the rewards that the gods grant to the rightous.

Or maybe, we stop treating our brothers as demons and call them on their bull#!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

No, I don't think cancer is a demon of punishment. It is simply a demon that drains one of life.
I was simply pointing out that these people followed the "healthy" life style being championed today. Too bad life doesn't come with any guarantees except an expiration date.

Yes, I know about the medical profession and cancer. It makes me extremely angry. I've heard absolute horror stories about the way smokers are spoken to while under treatment for cancer. Particularly lung cancer. The self-righteous annoy me to no end.

Who is treating their brothers like demons?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It seems as though our prayers have been answered. She's suffered for two years, through eight doctors, each one shaking their head and writing out a new prescription. "Let's see if this helps." She was taking 37 pills a day and feeling worse each day.
When the new doc took a look at her list of medications she nearly fainted! When she saw the battery of tests they've put her through, she wondered if the meds and all the concoctions being injected into her body might be the majority of the problem. She took her off about half of the pills, gave her two units of blood and told her to rest for 24 hours then be as active as she felt up to. Four days later she was up and about, even went to the beauty shop to get her hair done and had the energy to go out for lunch. That's after being practically bedridden with pain and lethargy for the past six months. It has truly been an amazing transformation.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Thank God she found a descent Doctor. 37 meds is insane for anyone! One Doctor almost killed my husband many years ago with the mixture of meds he was on. His bed was right in front where the desk was in the ER and I overheard the Doctor there giving his primary care physician holy hell over the phone. We switched his primary care physician and later heard that his other Doctor wasn't there anymore. I bet she got fired.

This happens all too often and we have to be careful with ourselves and loved ones and question everything. I love the Doctor I have now and she welcomes questions and concerns about everything.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose
My parents did that too! Your post gave me a flashback to my parents dancing around the kitchen table to a tune on the radio.
Yuck! As a kid, to me that was as silly as them always smooching on each other! They even did it when my friends were visiting! As soon as Daddy got home from work, he'd find Mama and give her a big kiss and say something along the lines of, "What's up Toots?" or "What's shakin', Maybelle?" He might, upon entering the house, break into a chorus of "Hey good lookin', what cha got cookin'..." It was downright embarrassing to have parents that loved each other and enjoying the time they spent together so wantonly.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

We have to be related....my parents sung the "Hey, good lookin'" song and danced around the table....!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I would liike to add someone. David Bowie just passed away from cancer. Just saw it on the news. RIP "Major Tom"

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I would liike to add someone. David Bowie just passed away from cancer. Just saw it on the news. RIP "Major Tom"

NOOOOOO! RIP Goblin King!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
I heard that on radio just after I had posted here. So very sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join