It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do POTUS never visit Area 51

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter
Hillary just announced she is going.

www.cnn.com...

She said she was going to look into UFOs. I assume she meant "whilst standing in the main airlock" so it wouldn't be Area 51.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
I have often contemplated this question. Why do the POTUS never visit Area 51? I just know that in some form or another the Area has been used by the military since WW2.

Clinton did a large alien investigation around 1995 an on and found nothing, so maybe that is why they do not go.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Radio monitors in DC have POTUS tracking down to an art, simply by knowing the voices of the pilots used for AF1.

If a VC-25 isn't used, POTUS usually flies on a C-17. BTW, I caught a McChord C-17 landing at Desert Rock.
www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowhawk

The president might be cleared, but his entourage is not.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
how many presidents have visited :

aberdeen prooving ground

dugway prooving ground

AUTEC

nellis range

sandia labs

??????????????????????????

answer that and you will realise why presidents dont have groom lake on thier todo list

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

President Obama visited Nellis. The trip was related to the Nellis AFB solar power facility.

There are a fair number of POTUS visits to military bases to promote agendas.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
I've heard a few stories about presidents and their experiences with Area 51. President Elect Jimmy Carter is alleged to have asked George Bush Sr, then CIA Director, to brief him on these things. Bush is said to have declined, stating that Carter didn't have a need to know and also that the presidents curiosity doesn't constitute a need to know.

I've also heard that Eisenhower sought the same information, and when he received a response similar to what Carter got, Einsenhower threatened to attack Area-51. Eisenhower is said to have gotten his briefing after all.

Someone else, whose name I don't presently recall, supposedly also received this briefing, and was allegedly seen "sobbing" afterward, stating "my children have to live in this world," or something to that effect.

Whether or not the story is true or not, I'm surprised more aren't said to have taken Eisenhowers approach. Had I been Jimmy Carter for instance, I certainly wouldn't have taken "no" for an answer, at least not without any real good reason. If my Secret Service was willing, Bush would have been instantly detained, and compelled to provide me with the information I seek. CIA can't truly believe "interrogation" is absolutely ineffective against its personnel when it deems it reasonable to operate facilities for this function throughout the world.

I would learn something from him. Meanwhile the Secret Service and FBI would be publicly raiding Langley as part of an investigation for conspiracy to commit treason, while the USMC, USAF and Army together assault and capture Area 51. I would learn something again, meanwhile the FBI and DHS would be instructed to make this subject their top priority, with reports made daily to myself and to the media.

They would brief me, or I would fully test the power of the president. Information is power, and you would certainly not restrict the power of the president unlawfully, let alone the power of the people. Shorter life expectancy be damned.
edit on 11-1-2016 by Navarro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navarro
a reply to: Bedlam
I've heard a few stories about presidents and their experiences with Area 51. President Elect Jimmy Carter is alleged to have asked George Bush Sr, then CIA Director, to brief him on these things. Bush is said to have declined, stating that Carter didn't have a need to know and also that the presidents curiosity doesn't constitute a need to know.

I've also heard that Eisenhower sought the same information, and when he received a response similar to what Carter got, Einsenhower threatened to attack Area-51. Eisenhower is said to have gotten his briefing after all.

That wouldn't have been 51, though. Not for UFOs. Well, not for alien ones. There are a lot of things flying around 51 that I don't suppose I can identify, because they're prototypes and one-offs.

AFAIK, every president is informed about...stuff. George Jr certainly was. Heh.

Someone else, whose name I don't presently recall, supposedly also received this briefing, and was allegedly seen "sobbing" afterward, stating "my children have to live in this world," or something to that effect.

Oh, that was us, after that f-d up Proteus test firing. One of the eggheads said something like "if my children grow up, what will they think about this".

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I realize this is an old thread, but I happened to catch AF1 in the NTTR airspace on the Flightradar24 app just the other day. It looked like it took off from groom and was heading for tonapah. Coincidentally, the very next day POTUS stated publicly that he would approve the new budget which included an increase in military spending. I have also seen a huge uptick in Janet flights in and out as well. I can post a screenshot of the AF1 sighting as soon as I figure out how.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: unscarredcfh

upload it to your library and then use the code it supplies. im interested to see this, ive been watching groom for a while and havent noticed it.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Because it is run nazis.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I'm not sure you can fly that low over that territory. Speed is possible. Can you provide the day and approximate time?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It was Tuesday, March 20th and the time at the top of the picture is 4:15 mst. a reply to: gariac

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I searched all possible hex codes and the Af1 callsign into the adsbexchange database and nothing turns up. I will try to figure out if a Janet made that trip.

POTUS is usually on 92-9000. I haven't seen 82-8000 fly this year. I checked the smaller planes that are sometimes used where a 747 can't land.

There are a few planes that get the AF1 callsign from time to time even if POTUS isn't on board. The Nightwatch planes for some reason.

All this said, I sure encourage people to watch the NTTR. Better on ADSBexchange since it isn't filtered.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

They never visit me either though Obama's bus did drive past my house when he was in Virginia for something I can't remember now but there were police cars and motorcycles and a small caravan of vehicles. I went outside to save as they drove past.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac
Thank you for the excellent information, it is much appreciated. I do use adsbexchange as well but I just started playing with it. I find myself watching the NTTR a lot more lately, and the uptick in activity has peaked my curiosity.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
So you guys know for a certainty that the president has never visited Area 51, huh.

You know something we don't
? Ha just yanking your chain mate

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The President travels all over the country secretly using the underground hyperspeed train system -- the one that makes all the humming and trumpet sounds around the country.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

I'm not sure you can fly that low over that territory. Speed is possible. Can you provide the day and approximate time?

i noticed on adsb a few times, planes in the area have a blip of really low altitude for the area, las vegas is like 2000ASL. ive seen planes crusing at 5k and im like wtf? no way is he dipping and ducking through mountains.

and some further info on an atc forum.

keep in mind that there that AF1 is different from AF1. (confused you already, eh? read on). Don't get confused between the ICAO code for Air Force One (AF1) and the IATA code for Air France 1 (AF1). A controller's strip will (should?) never have AF1 listed for Air France 1. That should always go in as AFR1, as AFR is the ICAO code for Air France. As the common passenger will generally only see the IATA code, AF1 will always be Air France 1, whereas the strip will be AFR1.

edit on 26-3-2018 by detachment3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join