It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do POTUS never visit Area 51

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: detachment3

Altitudes on the site can be extremely flakey. I caught an unknown aircraft from the Spanish Air Force at 2.4 million feet.
edit on 3/26/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Why do POTUS never visit Area 51 ?

His Level of Security Clearance , and Need to Know are not Sufficient because in the Grander Scheme of Real Power in America , He is Merely one of the Lower Help ?
edit on 26-3-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think the same is said for Pine Gap in Austr. It's another of the great mysteries we just don't know of until then it's a long wait.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Altitudes on the site can be extremely flakey. Icaught an unknown aircraft from the Spanish Air Force at 2.4 million feet.

i assume theres a reason for it, makes sense.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
I have often contemplated this question. Why do the POTUS never visit Area 51? I just know that in some form or another the Area has been used by the military since WW2.

Because that's where they keep the illegal aliens.

Plus how can you be certain he hasn't?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What are they gonna do if he tries to fly in, shoot AF-1 out of the sky?

I believe they have visited but on the very hush hush.

Too many questions would be asked.

Which is scary in itself.

Best that some things are kept secret until it's needed.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I searched ADSBexchange using the mode-s hex just to be sure I didn't get fooled by the callsign.

Nellis is at 1869ft. The NTTR is substantially higher altitude. It is substantially colder around the range than in Las Vegas. If I were to live around the range, Alamo has the best weather.

Many first time visitors have been caught off guard by how cold it can be around the range. Worse of all are tourists showing up in sandals. Scorpions!

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Haha the ill prepared. Slightly off topic but when I've been trekking or hiking through the mountains in Scotland I've seen people wearing sandals. Yeh they struggled.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Maybe there's an underground speed tube hyper-loop from the White House to Area 51.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I never understood the extreme secrecy around our weapon systems.

If we are so much more advanced than other countries in the world why wouldn't you want everyone to know? Your enemies are scared and your people will feel safe.

If you are on par with your enemies then they already have the technology to know what you know and the only people you are withholding information from are the citizens that are paying for it.

I just believe the secrecy we have in this country is way out of control and people use that secrecy to control the people they are sworn to protect.the advantages of your enemies knowing they can't even sniff your technological advancements out weighs them thinking they have a shot at challenging you.

Does anyone have a theory on why we chose not to flaunt our power instead of hiding it?

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

It's not that we're that much more advanced, it's that you try to keep any advantage you can for as long as possible. If your opponent has a radar capable of seeing a target with an RCS of 0.001 m2, and you develop an aircraft or weapon with an RCS of 0.0001 m2, you don't want them to know that, because it keeps them from developing a counter for that much longer.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Exactly. There is also a flip side. Second and third tier military powers make public demonstrations of their capabilities in the hopes of looking more powerful than they actually are. This is why certain countries have missile parades and hold unnecessary nuclear tests.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70
Thing is it's not just black projects that are kept secret. Go and try and find out about the avionics and systems that lets say the F-35 or F-22 has. These aircraft are in the open but their systems I'm sure are highly classified. All it takes is one nosey 'hostile' getting a hold of the details and reverse engineering it to create their own version of a particular aircraft.
I'd also presume that those workers on the assembly line for F35/F22 don't know the full workings of the aircraft as it's classified, this helps stop being feeling tempted by big bucks money to share the information with an enemy

Look at how China or Russia have developed their latest aircraft, both very similar to either a F22 of F35. They may look similar on the outside but I'd have a guess that the tech inside may not be as great as US aircraft simply because that's all classified.

edit on 27-3-2018 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

We used to call that the puffer fish defense. Try to puff yourself up and say "look how big I am".

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Zaphod58

Exactly. There is also a flip side. Second and third tier military powers make public demonstrations of their capabilities in the hopes of looking more powerful than they actually are. This is why certain countries have missile parades and hold unnecessary nuclear tests.

I'm glad the UK doesn't do this we would be laughed at. I read somewhere recently that if you were to gather all of our armed forces they would fill Wembley stadium which has approximately 90,000 capacity. It was either all of our armed services or just the army I can't remember which

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
Many first time visitors have been caught off guard by how cold it can be around the range. Worse of all are tourists showing up in sandals. Scorpions!

i live on the east coast im used to cold.

yes people can be stupid sometimes lol

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: detachment3

originally posted by: gariac

i live on the east coast im used to cold.

yes people can be stupid sometimes lol

It is more like people dress for Las Vegas, but don't realize they will be 3k to 4kft higher.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

I just believe the secrecy we have in this country is way out of control and people use that secrecy to control the people they are sworn to protect.the advantages of your enemies knowing they can't even sniff your technological advancements out weighs them thinking they have a shot at challenging you.

Does anyone have a theory on why we chose not to flaunt our power instead of hiding it?

People hide info even when it's not related to weapons systems. Isn't that the whole point in "trade secrets"?

For example, suppose that you run a factory and your engineers have figured out a way to squeeze an extra 8% productivity from your workers; or have found a way to cut energy costs by 8% while getting the same results; or have found a way to reduce waste by 8%. Why would you flaunt those new techniques and procedures? Your competitors would just copy them and then also become 8% more productive, 8% less wasteful, etc.

If anything, people might leak inefficient "improvements" just to get their competitors to waste time & resources while doing trial runs to see if those leaked "improvements" are legit. This is why corporate espionage is such a big deal, especially in industries that have slim profit margins. Their trade secrets might be the only thing keeping them profitable enough to stay in business in the first place.

In a perfect world w/no conflict, I'd love to see us sharing our new improvements with everyone else (and vice versa). But as long as people are competing against each other, there will always be the reason to conceal, steal, and falsify information in order to keep a competitive edge over perceived competition.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
How do we know they never visit? I am sure there are plenty of places the president goes we have no idea about. Put yourself in their position as well. If I was president certainly wouldn't go around and spout off where I have been and when.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
I have often contemplated this question. Why do the POTUS never visit Area 51? I just know that in some form or another the Area has been used by the military since WW2.

Someone should just ask Putin what's there. He probably knows more than what the deep state has told Trump. Same with Roswell. I'm sure they probably know the truth about that, too.

edit on 25-5-2018 by Kohll because: .

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join