It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America ready for a non-Christian president?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harvin
But what can we say? Hitler was was the EU?

# these E&U WHORES. HITLER WAS the gubmint.

Ok... you need to learn how to use the "reply" button. Otherwise, you are just screaming insane things at the sky and nobody knows who you are even talking to.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well you know....if they ever unleash the American prison system the they akl btter run,

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

I don't need to do anything. When I see someone saying dopey BS then I call them on it. If Sanders really believes global warming is causing muslims to attack others, then why isn't ISIS attacking China and their smog filled cities? Do you see how stupid it sounds?

So do I. Please post a link to Sanders saying, quote: "global warming is causing muslims to attack others." (And please don't tell me to do my own research. You are the one claiming that Sanders said something.) This might help you along:

www.motherjones.com...

ecowatch.com...

(post by Enochstask removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: alkalisunshine
I would prefer a president who didn't make his religion an issue or promote it. I'm all for believing in whatever faith you believe in and makes sense and feels right to you. But there's something so off putting about the way politicians tout their Christianity like it should mean something. I've met non-Christians who behave more "christianly" than Christians.

anyway I think a Pagan president would be interestingly fun. but that's just me.

What is needed is a Pastafarianism as El Presidente

edit on 5-1-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

edit on 5-1-2016 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Polite Reminder

Hi People,

Just a polite reminder and request that we stay focused on the topic - rather than eachother.

Thank you

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Loved the Obama's Christmas celebrations in the White House, good Christian's that they are. Definitely signs of a true "christian-in-name-only".

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Cruz is no more Christian in his attitude than any of the other options available. He might be trading on a hyper religious ticket, and I do not think there is any reason to debate that point, but I question the strength of his faith. The reason I say this, is because no one who knows and loves Christ would be so antagonistic toward others, so exclusionary in his speech, or commune with those whose actions and words tarnish the name of the faithful.

And yet, most of his compatriots seem to be so blinkered and churchy that they fail entirely to actually behave like Christians, and I think it is worth explaining what I mean by that.

If you TRULY love Christ, and believe in his teachings, and in the way he lived his life, then the first responsibility you have toward EVERY living person on the planet, is to love them. Cruz shows no ability to do that, stating as he did that he would like only Christian immigrants to come to the US from certain countries. One cannot possibly square Christian love for all peoples of the world, with such a statement, not with any legitimacy.

The man has close to zero Samaritan capacity, and that suggests to me that he is not a Christian, but a zealot, more in love with the Church and its dogma and prejudice, than he ever is with Christ himself.

Those reading this might find it easy to believe that I have singled Cruz out for this dressing down unfairly, and I want to address that before it gets bought up. I believe that the USA has been ready for a non-Christian president for decades, and I believe that, because by the measures which actually matter, it has been decades since last the United States of America HAD a truly Christian president.

You see, Christianity is not a hobby, it is a way of life, and it is not the way of life ordained by the Church, or by any appendages thereof, but by Christ and his teachings alone. His deeds and words instruct us to love and cherish, but all that has been done by American presidents over the last several decades is to preside over massive death and destruction. There is no love, no Christianity in that, what so ever.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Is America ready for a non-Christian president?

You mean one honest enough not to lie about it?
You feed the 'marks' whatever they want to hear, to get elected!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Uhm, hello! We have a Muslim president now!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: fartsmeller46

There is a phrase from the northern parts of the UK, which comes into play here:

Do you 'eck as like!

In other words, utter and total drivel. The man eats bacon, drinks wine at parties, and has no compunction about getting his grove on. He is about as Muslim as Donald bloody Trump.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well that's all true, actually.
And very well said.

I suppose I should have said Cruz embodies a brand of Christianity prevalent in the States...

I had no intention of painting him in a Christ-like fashion though.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
We've already had the Jewish Dwight Eisenhower and the Muslim Barry Soetoro. Yeah, we're ready.
Say what again?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
God yes it's ready......

The funny thing besides Bush and his cray cray religious extremism mission from god thing.....I'd bet many other presidents have been fake christians, not really religious people, but for the vote presented themselves as such.
I'd rather someone who is brave enough to say they don't need religion to run a country, not just pretend they do to appease the religious nutters.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: fartsmeller46

No, you don't. He drinks, dances and goes to church. Nitwit.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I know you didn't Charlie, but I think it is important to ensure that the conversation is clear in its direction, and in what participants are referring to. There is a tendency amongst human beings to conflate things together when terminology is used, that do not belong in the same sentence. Cruz is an overt church goer, but to be a Christian is an entirely different way of living and thinking, to the one he subscribes to. I wasn't under any misapprehension about your intent in posting what you did, but I believe that describing him as Christian is inaccurate, for the aforementioned reasons, and therefore I wanted to leave a record of the distinction between what Cruz does, and what Christianity is, in the thread to remind people that the label does not always match the contents.

I know YOU know it Charlie, and know it well!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: fartsmeller46

No, you don't. He drinks, dances and goes to church. Nitwit.
You think our "leaders" care about Christ, or Mohammed, for that matter????

Their "god" is M.O.N.E.Y.

Why do you think tptb keep taking out other "dictators" and replacing them with the person they want to run the country? How else can they achieve their N.W.O.?

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join