It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING - Obama to use Executive actions, bypassing Congress, to force gun control measures.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If these new gun laws that Obama wants creates a situation where people will be criminalized, then it is unconstitutional. Because only congress can write laws.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
...so... soon anyone that went to a doctor for depression at one point in their life will not be able to buy a gun. So basically 80% of the US population. At least, that's the slippery slope it looks like things will end up going down.

That's not good.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
And these actions would have stopped the violence in San Bernadino how?
The correct answer would be not at all. California already has these laws in place. The handguns were legally purchased the longarms straw purchase, which no one would no about until after the shooting stopped.
It's an illegal overreach by the executive branch.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Why do they keep ignoring the folks who injure, maim and kill people with illegally held firearms? Why do they think that tightening the vice on owning a firearm legally, would put a dent in firearm fatalities? Why do they think anyone with ill intent would follow the law, or his EO in the first place?

I understand the point you are making.

Law abiding, and responsible people, don't need stricter laws in place. Criminals are not going to pay attention to any laws anyway. So who are they targeting?

I think San Bernardino has a lot to do with his move at this time. Remember the guns used in the San Bernardino killings, were not purchased by the killers. And remember the guy in California with the 1200+ guns. If I am not mistaken, in both of those cases, the guns were legally acquired, but where the guns were planned to end up, is in question.

I believe there are a lot of people that are purchasing guns legally, for sale to people that can not acquire guns legally, or want to obtain guns under the radar.

I think they are trying to make it harder to do that, but if someone wants a gun badly enough, they will get one. By hook or by crook.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
...so... soon anyone that went to a doctor for depression at one point in their life will not be able to buy a gun. So basically 80% of the US population. At least, that's the slippery slope it looks like things will end up going down.

That's not good.

I was negated from entering the airforce because I was depressed for being heartbroken over a girl, so I went to a shrink for "advice". But all I got was anti depressives. What I actually needed was a man to man talk, which would have served way better than anti depressives. I was only a teen back then.

Instant disqualification despite scoring high in the asvab. (Not complaining, today I am glad I did not join), but after sending in a few waivers back then, the surgeon general said that they disqualified me because I was "too dangerous" to hold a gun.

I went back, spoke to my shrink, my shrink actually came with me to the recruiters office and signed that i was more than capable of handling a gun. He signed a paper stating this which was sent through the waiver. They still negated my admittance.

Even if your psichiatrists signs that you are okay, in the governments eyes, you are damaged goods. Never in my life had I felt "tossed away like garbage". I actually entered real depression after that because many doors closed including entering law enforcement. (I kinda wanted to become FBI once upon a time. But I knew that the road to get there was hard. But the airforce would have been a stepping stone to that direction. Followed by becoming a police officer, then detective. Get a good standing with the department and send applications.

Nope, doors were closed because of a few anti depressives (which i stopped taking after the third one.))

Point is, if the government did this to me. Now with this action by the president, you can bet that the same tactics used on me to shut me down, will be used on the people as a whole.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It. Doesn't. Matter.

Obama cannot make laws that criminalize gun dealers.

Only congress can.

Any executive order that criminalizes gun dealers or anyone, is unconstitutional.

It's all talk. It cannot be done.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

a reply to: Feltrick

With the insanely limited ability to track (essentially post arrest confessions)...they already tracked 4 firearms used in crimes to that site...and there are other sites and instances of online guns purchased without background checks. I am reluctant to list all the sites where people can and do buy firearms absent background check and often anonymously for obvious reasons, but having spent some time looking into it...they are out there and criminals can and do buy weapons online.

You can't purchase any guns "on line " without an FFL involved, but you can make contacts through emails or phones and meet with buyers or sellers for a gun transaction. Here in Wi. you can use mwt.net and armslist to make contacts.

Correct. Craigslist doesn't sell anything either, it's just a clearing house for private transactions. In the case of guns, their are dedicated marketplaces that facilitate private guns transactions that are not subject to background checks...and no, you do not have to meet with the seller, you can have the guns shipped/mailed to you.

Please name a few dedicated market places. There are no guns on craigslist, just go there and search guns. Show an example of how you can privately order a gun online and have it shipped...not buying it.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Otherwise known as COMMON FREAKING SENSE actions

About damn time

Really ?

That's whatcha call 'common sense' !

Wouldn't have stopped any of these mass shooters.

By the by.

The vast majority of guns used in 15 recent mass shootings, including at least two of the guns used in the San Bernardino attack, were bought legally and with a federal background check.

How they got their guns

So many stars.

So many people wrong.

Now please ignore our gunphobe in chief he's off to go sell some guns to Mexican Drug Cartels, Then he's off to go arm ISIS.

Then he's off to go on a mass droning spree.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Please name a few dedicated market places. There are no guns on craigslist, just go there and search guns. Show an example of how you can privately order a gun online and have it shipped...not buying it.

Let me introduce you to something called the deep web.

All you need is Tor, and some knowledge on putting extra layers of IP addresses. (But usually tor would suffice).

What is the deep web? It is basically the "unseen net", or the "Dark Net". The most disturbing things out of the entire net; you will find within the deep web. It is also through here, that the black market exists on the internet including illegal Gun sales. With enough "browsing around" you'll eventually run into them.

There is alot of criminal activity within the deep web.

But be warned, if you do enter it, I hope you have a strong stomach, and your emotions in check. Because if you are like me, you will instantly lose faith in humanity by visiting the deep web alone.

Point: Criminals will always find a way to get their guns, even on the internet.
edit on th2016000000Tuesdayth000000Tue, 05 Jan 2016 19:07:55 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoTue, 05 Jan 2016 19:07:55 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i cant think of any good reason why anyone would be against backround checks, and i'm suspicious of anyone who has a problem with the idea.
edit on 5-1-2016 by LordSnow21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Gun safety laws in no way impedes the right of anyone to own a gun. People can still buy guns if there are requirements for trigger safety locks and even gun safes - this in no way impedes the ability to buy a gun.

Adding massive taxes to gun sales also doesn't impede anyone's ability to own a gun, it just makes it more expensive, anyone that can afford one would still be able to buy one.

There is absolutely no that gun safety laws shouldn't pass, except for the spending power and ability of the NRA to corrupt American politicians and judges.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Sounds to me like another push towards making citizens of America feel like it is common sense but it is in fact just another slow pull on rights. After all, there is no real way of knowing how someone is. A person could be completely sane but get a divorce, be hurt by someone or be attacked themselves and the next day go shoot someone or groups of people.

So making mental precautions on citizens comes from a person who does not see it for what it is and just wants to again help protect those who just do not want to see sh*t on their own doorstep. Fact is, sh*t will eventually works its way onto everyone's doorstep, specially from the sane. Its the sane that flip without warning, its the mentally ill that stick to being alone.

Next minute they will come knocking on everyone's door saying, mind I install CCTV in your house. As well, we do not know if your planning on storing weapons here and we cannot trust you so, yeah. Just do not question us.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Adding massive taxes to gun sales also doesn't impede anyone's ability to own a gun, it just makes it more expensive, anyone that can afford one would still be able to buy one.

While we're at it, we can charge people for permits to exercise free speech and freedom of religion, and also implement poll taxes. It doesn't prevent you from exercising those rights, it just makes it more expensive, so its OK, right?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordSnow21
i cant think of any good reason why anyone would be against backround checks, and i'm suspicious of anyone who has a problem with the idea.

You just found one.

I am.

Explain to me WHY a person should have to prove their worth to the state to practice their constitutional RIGHT.

Then according to a given set of rules politicians wrote. A person just might be granted the 'privilege'.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,The RIGHT of the people to keep and bear arms shall NOT be infringed.

IT doesn't say Neo might get to buy a gun, but only if he ask's Obama's permission first. Then if Neo's been a good boy according to what he thinks is 'good'.

Obama might allow Neo to buy a gun.

I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Ok, let's look at it this way.

There is no way that slapping a huge tax on your ability to vote takes away your right to vote. I mean it doesn't stop you. It just makes it expensive is all, so if you can't afford it, oh well, I guess you better save ...

Yeah, I think that wouldn't fly.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
By legal means huh? With all of the Syrians coming in and Mexican`s from the south...there is going to be on hell of an underground market. This is the weapons version of the`War on Drugs` all over again.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Don't forget now people. The background check was just recently created.

Thanks to this piece of TRASH law.

Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act

1993-1776=217 YEARS.

Machine guns have existed for over 100 years.

Guns a hell of a lot longer.

Why ever how did Americans ever get along without it?

A FREE people do not ask the state for permission to exercise their RIGHTS.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

With the insanely limited ability to track (essentially post arrest confessions)...they already tracked 4 firearms used in crimes to that site...and there are other sites and instances of online guns purchased without background checks. I am reluctant to list all the sites where people can and do buy firearms absent background check and often anonymously for obvious reasons, but having spent some time looking into it...they are out there and criminals can and do buy weapons online.

You can't purchase any guns "on line " without an FFL involved, but you can make contacts through emails or phones and meet with buyers or sellers for a gun transaction. Here in Wi. you can use mwt.net and armslist to make contacts.

Correct. Craigslist doesn't sell anything either, it's just a clearing house for private transactions. In the case of guns, their are dedicated marketplaces that facilitate private guns transactions that are not subject to background checks...and no, you do not have to meet with the seller, you can have the guns shipped/mailed to you.

I have named two in the thread thus far...and no I am not going to advertise for these sites.

Not sure you have been following my posts or why you are asking the above if you have been.

This is not a question.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

Let me introduce you to something called the deep web.

All you need is Tor, and some knowledge on putting extra layers of IP addresses. (But usually tor would suffice).

What is the deep web? It is basically the "unseen net", or the "Dark Net". The most disturbing things out of the entire net; you will find within the deep web. It is also through here, that the black market exists on the internet including illegal Gun sales. With enough "browsing around" you'll eventually run into them.

There is alot of criminal activity within the deep web.

But be warned, if you do enter it, I hope you have a strong stomach, and your emotions in check. Because if you are like me, you will instantly lose faith in humanity by visiting the deep web alone.

Point: Criminals will always find a way to get their guns, even on the internet.

I know the Deep and know of the Dark Web, and the FBI has compromised it now. It's essentially one great big Honeypot.
edit on 5-1-2016 by IlluminatiTechnician because: grammar

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

You can buy all the gun parts you want..even machine gun part, that No FFL are required and can be shipped directly to your home...And any competent machinist can refit them to working order.
follow link for the Proofs...Lol
www.gunbroker.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join