It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Armed militia occupies forest reserve HQ in Oregon, call ‘US patriots’ to arms

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well send the cops at these guys and start tossing tear gas and sending in that MRAP's and let's see how it turns out...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Halfswede
For those concerned that the government is somehow forcing the Hammonds to sell to them by "first right of refusal", all that means is that IF they ever decide to sell at whatever price THEY choose (the Hammonds), BLM/govt gets the opportunity to be first in line to purchase at that price. That is all.

There may be some stipulations that give BLM the chance to match or beat any accepted offer (if someone offers higher for example), but that is about it. In no way are they forced to sell to the govt. Also, the govt still has to pay whatever asking price the Hammonds want in order to purchase.

your forgetting double jeopardy by trying to jail the hammonds again over a crime they already did their time over.....

The over reach by the BLM...

I was only clarifying understanding of the "first right of refusal" issue. Didn't forget anything.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

these guys are in it for their 15 minutes.

we all know we are pretty damn lucky here in the usa. look around, we're DAMN lucky comparison wise.

these are bored white men who thought they had a following. turns out they don't.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

My bet is they have watched Braveheart a few too many times.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

Well send the cops at these guys and start tossing tear gas and sending in that MRAP's and let's see how it turns out...

That only works when peaceful demonstrators start throwing fire bottles and looting stores.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

these are bored white men who thought they had a following. turns out they don't.

what does them being white have anything to do with it?

Whats with the racist undertone?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

My brain shuts down when I hear Sovereign Citizen.

If that crap worked, don't you think the smartest and wealthiest people in America would be doing it?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

you're right, absolutely!

this whole thing seems so petty in the scheme of things, I suppose.

but, you're right, I shouldn't have said 'white' men! this applies to all men, all women (whatever color) !

we ALL need to look around, put things in perspective, we've got it pretty good here, don't we??? can't we work together?

we ALL have our problems/struggles - why the need to take over with guns??? so aggressively? can't we rise above that?

maybe I'm naïve.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I am not sure if this has been raised before.... metals and resources on the land....

www.intellihub.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BillDozer

DIng! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. Someone did some actual research before running off a the mouth.
But nooooo, the federal government wouldn't do such a dastardly deed, would they?

People who don't know history are doomed to repeat it---to their eternal shame and regret.
The Cherokee nation thought they could prevail the lawful way, by taking their case to the Black-Robed Tribe. They won their case. The army rounded them up like cattle and marched them to Oklahoma.
The land grabs have been going on since that time.
If you have never been a part of a family that has owned, tended and loved the land for generations, you have no idea what these folks are facing. If you've never felt the hot breath of the federal government breathing down your neck, you are probably one of the people on this board calling for these protesters to be arrested at best, killed outright at worst. You would have them bend over and take whatever the federal bureaurcrazies dish out. You would have called Patrick Henry and his cohorts a bunch of attention-seekers.
Bow to the crown or die. Is that the country in which you want to live? Where people who exercise their right to have their grievances heard are called nasty names? What happens when it is you who have been wronged?
I would submit that it is the federal prosecutor who is the attention seeker. He has "made an example" of these people who are doing no more than trying to protect their holdings and produce food.
When I think back I have to wonder if the "evidence" gathered and presented in this case was part of that massive scandal that was reported for 15 minutes one day a year or so ago. The one that said there was proof that at least 60% of the cases tried by the feds were based on false reporting by FBI agents and laboratories.
So who are the bad guys here? Which is worse---sending men to back to jail who have already served the time to which they sentenced----and bankrupting a whole family in the process----or a bunch of people who see wrong and try to call attention to it.
Or are you going to call for the arrest and imprisonment of anyone who declares "Live Free or Die" on their bumper sticker.

The function of the law is not to provide justice or to preserve freedom. The function of the law is to keep those who hold power, in power.
Gerry Spence

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Here is a video from the ranchers being terrorised that makes a few things clear...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
I'm a bit late to this game but these law breaking, criminal thugs need to be taken out by any means necessary. Deadly force is advised.

No it's ill advised, no shots fired as yet everybody is still breathing, right now they are just an annoyance with guns.

You know if they were of Middle Eastern descent...

Yes I know many would break out the the killa drones but it would still be wrong at this point.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

My bet is they have watched Braveheart a few too many times.

well it beats watching Dunkirk 1940.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
Take your time, I know developing common sense and rationality can be a hard slog.

Yes, it can, indeed.

Walks away wondering how the French are feeling about their newfound sense of awareness.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Funny that's the topic that brought me here when I was 24.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Its funny no how you dont even have to know anything about what is going on, or read on it much. But if you assume that its about money and profit on all sides then it will likely be right. But considering that 100% of the time when a human or humans do anything its generally about the $$$.

Never has there been anything in the whole history if this world were anybody did something or went out of there way for nothing, and were there is a profit there is a way. And if the guy in the vid is right, well I think yellowcake uranium is around 40$ per pound, so if they plan on mining 18 million pounds of it, thats around 7.2 billion dollars worth of it and only on the uranium. Plus if it does bring like the article in the vid said 250 constructions jobs and 150 mining jobs, I am quite sure that even the federal government can stretch that 7 billion quite a longs way and still afford those $ 15 thousand price tag staplers they so like.

If anything this whole thing is ridiculous and the Federal Government if there is uranium and gold and what not there in those areas, that operations have been going on already you really dont need that many people to mine or ship or any of the other processes, in every other place there mining from alaska to the middle east, its a pretty thigh team and job not requiring thousands of people, this whole thing must just be a mosquito on there back for them and again nobody does anything unless there is a profit in for them.

As for bundy and rest, well no doubt they have some inkling of what is going on around on them lands and been part of such things for a long while, even as far back as ww1 it seems back on there own ranch and surrounding area. As for these militia men and the internet people, well there just there for #z and giggles, otherwise known as useful idiots.

Though I think in this case if even the guy in the vid has stumbled onto a kernel of truth then that would make this whole thing and those militia men and us commenting on it, well not even that, more like nosy annoying idiots. It could be why everybody wants them out of there, they don't want to expose how much is coming out of there in terms of $$ because it will bring competition.

But I am quite sure we will be told what its all about soon if it has not happened already, by next week this story will be in the garbage bin. And its back to business as usual for everybody.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

And people wonder why the cost of meat has gone up? Senseless slaughter of cattle, 80 here, 50 there... One of those cows would feed a family of four for a year or more. The rancher sells the cow to a processor and makes money. He pays taxes on that income. The slaughter house processes the beef, providing jobs to people who pay taxes on the income made from processing those cows. The slaughter house pays taxes on the profit it makes when it sells the finished product to retail markets.
For every cow they senselessly slaughter they're depriving themselves of the tax money generated by that one cow, from ranch to plate. And they are too power-crazed to see what they're doing!
Those poor animals didn't ask to be in the middle of an arson fire. I ask you: what sort of human being does what the BLM employee in that video does? Intentionally sets a fire with men and cattle in sight, knowing that the cattle have no escape?
He was only following orders.

Edit to add: I don't know that I could stand and calmly film as my cattle were intentionally being ringed with fire. I admire the restraint shown by those guys.
edit on 4-1-2016 by diggindirt because: addition

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

And people wonder why the cost of meat has gone up?

It's because of this:

"The drought was so severe for so long, and the feed prices were so high, that you just couldn't do that forever," says David Anderson, a livestock economist with the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service. "We do have producers who were forced to sell off all their herds. A lot of those beef cows did go to slaughter."

www.npr.org...
edit on 1/4/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This video is fun. Enjoy.

How Media Covered Oregon Militia Takeover

And so is this one.

Twitter Trolls Oregon Militia

edit on 4-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
This video is fun. Enjoy.

How Media Covered Oregon Militia Takeover

And so is this one.

Twitter Trolls Oregon Militia

I don't agree with his position.

I think he's afraid to say what he really thinks.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join