It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Armed militia occupies forest reserve HQ in Oregon, call ‘US patriots’ to arms

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

Thats why the original judge ruled that the crimes they were charged with (terrorism) were not justified with 5 years of incarceration.

They were not charged with terrorism. They were charged with arson on federal property. The minimum sentence for arson on federal property is 5 years. The first judge did not have the authority to reduce the minimum sentence so they were resentenced.

Whether or not the original conviction (arson) was valid is moot. They were convicted.

And now, Bundy is taking advantage over the controversy about the resentencing to promote his own agenda.

edit on 1/4/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I am a bit confused about this situation.

It s going on since 2 days now and it's still not clear what the group's political demand is?

What/who do they want to reach? What's their tactic?

They want a peaceful protest, but are armed to the teeth?

I can see they wan their 15mins of fame, they got that.

But else they could learn a thing or two in political/media campaigning.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84
Here's a fairly recent update on the situation.
www.people.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
I am a bit confused about this situation.

It s going on since 2 days now and it's still not clear what the group's political demand is?

Attention. Right now they are bitching because they are expecting the FBI to come down heavy handed and perform another Waco, and if the FBI did that, they'd certainly get the attention they are craving.
edit on 4-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: svetlana84
Here's a fairly recent update on the situation.
www.people.com...

From that article:

Ammon Bundy said in several media interviews this weekend that the Oregon protesters want federal lands in Harney County returned to ranchers and loggers.

I hope this results in the American Indian Movement following up with a similar occupation to then have that same land returned to them from the ranchers and loggers.

American ranchers and loggers making a case for some right to the land is a bit ironic to me.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Huh... they used the media and brought up the past... go figure. Just as I said, they are hijacking this issue for their own agenda.

Talk about throwing an armed sit in and no one shows up.

Do you even see why they are protesting? The government has effectively committed double jeopardy in having these men RE sentenced. Forget if what they did was the right thing or not. The ACLU should be jumping on this case in the men's defense.

Government: Hey Hammonds, you know that Arson you (supposedely) committed like 10 years ago? Well those prison sentences you served were to short. I'm gonna need y'all to drop everything you've done since then, forget all your obligations and such come back down to the jail and stay for about 4 more years, see ya then.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I hope this results in the American Indian Movement following up with a similar occupation to then have that same land returned to them from the ranchers and loggers.

American ranchers and loggers making a case for some right to the land is a bit ironic to me.

What is ironic exactly? You're aware that American Indians used war and violence to "steal" land from other Indianans? How far back should we go?

The fact of reality is that the land belongs to whoever can defend it.
edit on 4-1-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm a bit late to this game but these law breaking, criminal thugs need to be taken out by any means necessary. Deadly force is advised.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
I'm a bit late to this game but these law breaking, criminal thugs need to be taken out by any means necessary. Deadly force is advised.

No it's ill advised, no shots fired as yet everybody is still breathing, right now they are just an annoyance with guns.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Dragoon01

Many people in the area of this incident may be calling the Militia all manner of names or denouncing them publicly but I would hazard a guess that the reason is they do nat want to be the next victim of the BLM. They don't have the money or time to fight the BLM so they are trying to hope it all away.

Many people in the area have come out in support of the Hammonds. Not so much support for the militia.

See the difference? The people in Oregon seem to. They seem to understand that lawlessness is not an answer.

That does not make them correct.
Many times lawlessness IS the answer.

Maybe Rosa should have just followed the law and rode in the back of the bus...

Maybe we should still have seven year olds operating at steel mills.

Lawlessness is the answer!

Anyway, I have yet to see it posted/mentioned - the Hammonds are telling the militiamen to "go home."

The Hammonds’ attorney has previously stated the militiamen showing up in Burns do not represent the ranchers. Still, militiamen like Payne continue to arrive.

The farmers don't even want the help of the militiamen.

Real "peaceful," all right.

They said it would be a peaceful march. Yet, threats are implied in many of the calls to protest from all quarters. Ammon Bundy writes that if the Hammonds are imprisoned, “there will be some serious civil unrest.” And militiaman Ryan Payne said he will do “whatever it takes” to support the Hammonds.

“What we’ve been threatened with here is civil unrest and the insinuations of armed rebellion,” said Sheriff Ward.

When the Hammonds leave for prison, Sheriff Ward said it’s local people who will be here to support the rest of the Hammond family. “These folks from Montana and Michigan and Florida and Ohio—they’re not going to make sure that the family has firewood in the wintertime, and making sure that their hay gets put up,” said Ward.

If the Hammonds won’t stand up for their rights…if the sheriff and the county commissioners won’t stand up for their rights…the people who are there as protesters, as patriots, they do not have anybody to fight.”

Okay - this militiamen got their fifteen, now since this walks, talks, smells, and acts like a duck - can we treat it as one, already?

Source

Peaceful sit-in protesting militiamen? Hahahahah, the only people dumb enough to believe and pander that line of logic are those that accuse every Muslim of being some sort of super-secret-agent/spy, but hey - I digress.

Seizing federally owned buildings with 150 armed militiamen? Consitution bro, we're Guchi.

You're a Muslim? You need to self-identify! You're a terrorist! Ahhh! Ahhhh!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I spent some time now to google the context and the actors.

And i think you are spot on. Some attention seeking guys with revolutionary dreams who are hoping for another WACO.

Funny enough they remind me of these new 'Social Justice Warriors' who feel victimized everywhere.

I guess best tactics is to just shut off electricity, heating and the streets to the refuge and ignore them.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

So, if I kick in the door to the elderly couples house down the road, seize it with one-hundred fifty other armed militiamen, that property is now ours because "in reality, we defend it?"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: daaskapital

They don't want violence but will get violent if they are to be removed? Sounds like they want violence. Remote HQ in the middle of the forest? I would just leave them all up there to hang out until they finally went home to their lives. Not responding to them at all would send a message of not giving a hoot about their protest and avoiding needless violence.

I like this idea. Why not post authorities at entry and exit points and let them live out their own "Survivor" episode. Looking at the physical state of some of those guys I imagine it won't go a few days before at least a third of them are arrested at the gate as they leave to go on a Taco Bell or Micky D run and once the beer runs dry they might very well turn on one another.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Cut all utilities
No heat, water, sanitation, power, lights, gas, refrigeration
unless they came well prepared, i'd give them a week.
edit on 4-1-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Dear Messrs. Bundy,

Since your plan is to take over the Malheur for years so, among other grievances, "hunters and fishers can shoot and cast", what is your plan so that I can continue to hunt and fish there? If you charge a fee, what will it be? How will you decide the areas for those of us with guns to hunt and those of us armed with only cameras to photograph the wildlife? Also, what is your management plan, so that the wildlife I hunt will be preserved in an environment where they will thrive?

One last thing, since I'm assuming you know the history of the Malheur Preserve, if only because you're now its occupiers and have time to read the displays there about it, you know that the preserve was created in 1908 to protect the dwindling bird population from being killed off for their feathers. If you open up the Malheur to developers, what assurances can you give me that I will have something left to hunt and fish?

Sincerely,
An Avid Hunter and Angler

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i wonder if they were minorities or of certain religious persuasion what this whole mess would escalate to be.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So, these heavily armed domestic terrorists...which country do you send them back to?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

No it's ill advised, no shots fired as yet everybody is still breathing, right now they are just an annoyance with guns.

You know if they were of Middle Eastern descent...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Just a few things...

First, hopefully this will be resolved without war.
Second, hopefully our government will not seek to do a repeat of Waco.
Finally, here's a picture of the site, taken from the roadway via Google Street View... tho, like much of Google's domestic coverage, it looks to have been taken in the late 19th century and then colorized.

It is, clearly, in the middle of nowhere so... no civilians are in any direct peril.

I hope and pray this works its way out.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

They'd be called heroes and invited to the White House?

EDIT - my bad - only people with fake bombs get invited to the White House
edit on 4-1-2016 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join