It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a "Grey Alien" when I was nine years old

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Let me say right here and right now, I am a very rational man and I do not want to believe aliens are traveling light years to play cloak and dagger games with us, thus I have written this off as some kind of childhood hallucination, and I do not believe that I truly saw a "grey alien" however this sighting/hallucination etched into my memory is apart of the reason I am interested in the U.F.O phenomenon and partially what brought me here to the wonderful ATS community so I thought I would throw this out there.

I was nine years old give or take and I remember because I was at the end of my fourth grade year and summer had just begun, my brother was visiting my grandmother across town so that night I was to be alone in the bunk bed we shared, and boy was I in for it.

I had been laying in bed staring at the top bunk thinking as I usually do, I am somewhat of an insomniac then and even still to this day.I remember I was thinking about my future and who I would be when I was twenty five years old, that concept at the time seemed so grand and amazing. I wanted to be an astronaut I loved all things science and space and would read things of that nature as a child, my parents had gone to sleep they were in the master-bedroom in the front of the house, and I in the bedroom in the back leading to the backyard.

All of a sudden while thinking, (day dreaming) I started to get this dreadful feeling almost a foreboding feeling, and simultaneously a compulsion to look out the window. I had become terrified for no discernible reason, and the source of my terror was directly outside my window, I eventually worked up the courage, after much internal debate to go to the window lift up a blind and look out side;and much to my terror on the other side of the window two inches from my face, was your archetypal "grey alien" just shorter than me,( at the time) with hug black eyes grey skin bald and small framed just staring.It scared the living bajeebus out of me and i did the most reasonable thing i could think of and got the # out of there.

While running through the hallway near the laundry room was what appeared to be a very large cat I quickly dismissed that as a pile of clothes(fear induced Pareidolia, possibly indicating a altered state of mind of some kind?) and continued my trek to my parents room, I was old enough to know not to wake them and that i shouldn't sleep in their bed, and so without saying a word I got in their bed and tried to calm down and finally I went to sleep.

For most of my childhood I thought I had seen a alien,or a monster, now I consider it a childhood hallucination, anyway that's my story

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing and since your not sure of the experience as being real or not, do you remember if you had knowledge of grey aliens at that age? If you knew nothing of them, then maybe it was real.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Well, it's quite possible as I was very interested in space I could of "herd" things, however I grew up in a very hard core fundlementalist Christian home and alien shows or anything beyond pg at that time was not allowed. Having said that, I know I was wide awake at the time and this was not a dream, after running to my parents room and in the morning being confronted about being in their bed.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality From what I've read of people being abducted or seeing aliens, it's hardly a happy or fun event and is truly terrifying.
I don't think at the age of nine, I knew really anything of grey's either. I do remember seeing Close Encounters of the Third Kind often as a child, but the aliens in those movies weren't necessarily the big eye's grey's.
I defiantly believe you had a terrifying experience and quite possibly had seen a grey. For some reason I think the grey's would have an unpleasant smell and that they are cold, unemotional beings that are best not to ever have any dealings with.
Maybe you weren't meant to see it and something else more heavenly guided you in a conscious state to look at it. If your totally aware of them then maybe they can't bother you like they can when one is sleeping.
Very interesting stuff here!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Yes I have grown in thought, to try to wrap this experience into a kind of loose artifact of the "collective unconscious", if I evaluate this psychologically, I could say that as thinking about my future the fear of the unknown surfaced( where my life will be or go) and I was compelled to look out the window (or peer into the fear or unknown) and I saw a "alien" or something completely "alien" to me, a type of quasi hallucination manifested from deeper psychological forces?

I've also written about this idea a little more here:

I believe for those who have been abducted the experience and it's personal realness is measured by the high strangeness involved. Where seemingly contradictory and completely unknown, and terrifying actions are displayed by their abductors, often times in bed ,other times driving down the road.

The realness of the experience appears to be genuine at least subjectively ( not always, as some people commit fraud,and we are prone to things like sleep, and mental breakdowns) There are many similar motifs throughout history however that have a similar archetypal progression to alien abduction.

When I look for answers in this phenomenon, I look to people like Carl Jung. I believe that archetypes are the fundamental innate forms from which all thought and human action, and plots derive from. Having said that, perhaps there is a parallel flow of information, and or collective unconscious;in which societal pressures and the ebbs and flows of a progressing collective unconscious can manifest certain phenomenon.Thus producing reports of similar activity that is specific to a certain time period.(ie. elves, old hag, dwarfs, giants, angels the list goes on and on)

Of course everything I said has absolutely no way of proving it.I could write a long lengthy piece pointing to shared motifs and archetypes from civilizations that were not in contact with one another,but it's circumstantial at best and certainly upon the inspection of the scientific method it would not hold up.

To me,I don't believe that a true advanced civilization would travel the light years and cosmos to play cloak and dagger games with unsuspecting humans. However, I do know that our fears of such a thing occur because of a deep conflict we have within our psyches,possibly originating from our desire to be better care takers and more harmonious with our environment. the potential that we in fact are the aliens playing catch and release with our own psyche.

One last point, notice that many abduction cases when the abductee speaks to the aliens they reveal the nature of our world, and impart knowledge in order to help humanity grow, so that it to might one day be a space faring species. Also there are others still that speak of all out destruction, and some are just cold and meticulous. Are these true instances of ' aliens' or does this sound more like a human thought and human knowledge and desires deep within our selves?
edit on 31-12-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I once had a dream I was taken to a far away place, one I have never seen before. It had a strange smell, the groung was crunchy as I moved about and I got lost. I decided to just stay were I was so my family could find me. I looked up at the stars, but couldn't see them. I took a step forward and, right at that second, just two inches from my eyes, was a human. I had heard about them being tall, so this one was likely a child. I could tell he was frightened because he ran. I woke feeling sad because I scared a human.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Did you have dreams during that same time
Dreams of the future
Dreams of war or destruction
Dreams of the sky full of flying sausers
Dreams about demons

I too had an experience but I was younger
And it was in my house
It scared the # out of me
I hid under the blanket
That's when my dreams started
Dreams about the end of the world
All the houses were in flames
A blood red sky filled with black smoke

But the next dreams were of a beautiful blue sky filled with shiny round disc shaped
Ufos
Flying in triangular formations
With a few very large ones
I think I was 3 or 4 years old
At this time
I have never dreamt these dreams again
Except for one
This one was scary
I could not see this entity
Only its red eyes
And I have dreamt about him many times
Not knowing who he was or what he was

Until last year when he came once more
But this time was different
I have returned to Jesus and read alot
Of scriptures
And when he returned he frightened me
Until I realized who he was
He was the devil
And I looked into his eyes and said
I know who you are

And instantly he vanished
I always wanted to believe in aliens
But now I think they are demons

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I once had a hypnogogic episode where I was able to move. It could be related to insomnia.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: VP740

That is certainly possible and where I lean generally but I also link this to deeper psychological workings. I never herd that you can move during those episodes I'll have to look more into that. Thanks for your reply.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Like you I was raised in a fundamentalist Christian home until I eventually became ward of court. I'm guess you're probably a few years (or more) younger than me and when I was 9 the alien grey meme wasn't all that prevalent, at least not to me.

I was surprised to see you authored this thread and certainly caught my attention. You have proven your character on this site so I will gladly accept what you've said at face value.

Whatever happened that day, it's hard for me to see a 9 year old hallucinating grey aliens but than again, kids have wildly active imaginations. My step dad always said they were projections of satan.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Any idea what time this happened?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: VP740

It had to be between the hours of 8 pm to 10 pm my parents strictly put us to bed between 8 - 9 and I had been laying in bed for a little while alone before the event occurred.

(post by Revolution9 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Yea, now I am a athiest sorry you went through similar stuff, anyway I think it's a hallucination of some kind even perhaps a mobile hypnogogic state of some kind it is perplexing because of the amount of awareness and also because nothing else happened, I simply saw a alien outside and ran as any logical child would do lol. Thanks for your reply brother

(post by TechniXcality removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Double
edit on 31-12-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

PS: All you have achieved in this OP is to tell people you saw an alien when you were a little boy and pretend to be some kind of authority on universal archetypes, world mythology, etc. My imagination was vivid, too, as a little boy; I made myself see Santa in his sled with Rudolph going across the Moon (all children imagine things even as far as imaginary friends, etc). This OP tells me you are not even a novice in anthropology. You are as intellectually dishonest here as David Icke. I don't like this because gullible people will be swallowed by the gaping, empty, drooling, toothless mouth of an abyss of ignorance.

Why can't you at least use some viable example? Why can't you cite knowledge and experience from the brilliants minds of this subject? Without that you are going to look ignorant to discerning, critical, educated minds, just as David Icke does.

edit on 31-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Not sure you read the OP, I have given some of my speculation regarding the phenomenon as a whole further in the thread, and I have also said that I explicitly believe this experience was hallucinatory in nature, once again you are argumentative and confrontational when there is none, I am not spouting ignorance, you however are attacking me without cause.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Revolution9

Arguments based on tone and assumption are invalid. Don't talk to me like that, you are often confrontational even when there is none,I have called you out on this .

Your interpretation is wrong, trying to tie shared cultural archetypes and motifs to a "collective unconscious" is not reproducible or testable in a scientific setting, and has also been the main challenge to Carl Jungs precieved "mysticism", if you felt over powered or emasculated by my writing that is not my problem, but your over reaction is indicative of something inside of you or perhaps reading comprehension.

Of course everything I said has absolutely no way of proving it.I could write a long lengthy piece pointing to shared motifs and archetypes from civilizations that were not in contact with one another,but it's circumstantial at best and certainly upon the inspection of the scientific method it would not hold up.

You said this. I have already told you that Frazer has done THIS!

I am not being confrontational. I am criticising your OP. I am criticising it because it has no tangible or academic value. I have told you why.

Read some anthropology and see that there is plenty of academic analysis of myth and finding patterns of universal religious practise. There is even evidence archaeologically by which the influence of cultures upon each other can be traced to some degree.

Yes, I am a bit critical of your posts. That is because you profess to know much and are one of the least academic regular contributors on ATS in your threads. That's cool in every day conversation, but not when arrogance supersedes knowledge like this.

Yes, I do struggle with your posts because I see there is an assumed arrogance expressed that really irks me.

Ok, I have said my piece to you. I will leave it at that. I'll not be bothering to criticise you again. I just want to clearly state here this once what I am seeing about your posts here and why you should read more on subjects to educate yourself.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I think that there were real aliens and not just hallucination.

If you were a normal, kid without mental problems, than there is no reason to conclude as you did? This stuff do happen and they exists.

But what is their real nature is a mystery, it seems?

For instance are aliens really the same as us or are they entities from other plains?
If you did not already check out this thread, than I recommend it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is an interesting view of alien phenomenon and I personally think that those people are ahead of us (normal modern folks) in terms of metaphysical nature like any other tribe or people in far away places. So I would take that into account, but not take their opinion for granted, but just as something possible, who knows?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join