It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a "Grey Alien" when I was nine years old

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity

If you were a normal, kid without mental problems, than there is no reason to conclude as you did?

Hallucinations and sleep paralysis can occur in seemingly ordinary children (even adults) with no other signs of mental problems.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

The thing that really gets me is that it's usually your stereotypical looking alien, and this is for two reasons, one they might just be real, two it's what you automatically think when it comes to aliens, or rather what your sub conscious automatically identifies as an alien.
It has always been like this throughout history, think back some 200+ years ago, and it was demons and such.
Have you ever heard of the phenomena known as 'old hag syndrome'?
It's basically a type of sleep disorder involving night terrors and sleep paralysis, people used to wake up in a sweat, unable to move, and speak, but could hear and think, and it involved a creature or 'old hag' either hovering over them, standing at the edge of the bed, or even the feeling of them sitting on their chest.
This 'old hag syndrome' surprisingly has striking similarities to 90% of the abduction stories that people try to explain that involve their hour, bed room, etc.

Honestly, I have read your type of story many times before, in books, on the internet, etc. and it usually involves starting off in a comfy chair, bed, or lying on a couch, it sounds like your dozed off and started sleep walking.
My nephew sleep walks all the time, I have even been witness to it, and you can have a conversation, interact with him, but ask him the next day if he remembers, and he couldn't tell you.
Or, you dozed off for about 30 seconds, and since your body was most likely extremely tired due to insomnia, you had a striking vivid dream. It happens to me sometimes when I pull a double at work, on my break I'll head off to the lunch room and just close my eyes for a bit, and I'll have a full dream in about 2 minutes of sleep. It's strange.

But back to the alien thing, I used to get sleep paralysis, but instead of an old hag or grey alien coming to get me, it was ET, the little fun loving alien from the movie. He used to terrify me.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I wonder how much of the similarities between accounts are from second rather than first hand reports. Earlier reports of aliens were more varied with one set being described as metallic asparagus. Watching some interviews with Witley Strieber I see him visited by only classic Grays, he describes other species and oddities when he can go into more detail though.

A lot of similar experiences might be lumped together and made to seem more similar than they really are. Stories that don't fit with the others may be left out.
edit on 31-12-2015 by VP740 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Saw one at 5 years old staring at me through the window while visiting grandparents on the farm. 1976. Woke me up with a "popping sound" like popping your cheek with your finger. Didn't know what it was till I passed a book store 10 years later and saw the cover of communion. Had my first UFO sighting in Winnipeg with friends in 1997 and it was a doozer. Two ufos actually, zipping around the night sky. Accelerating, stopping, zig zagging. Pairing off and slowly cruising away.

The phenomenon is very real and I believe you brother.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: VP740

Yes, but they occur together?

but I think that hallucinations alone are not seemingly ordinary occurrence with children. Well at least where I live there are no or maybe a few such kids to my knowledge. And I know or have met quite a few cuz i am at that age (almost 30) where some friends have started a family : )

But my bias is strong here, I must admit that I think that science or medical experts are too quick to judge when something is not real or is real. Because of my own experiences while meditating, I bet if I would tell some doctor of them, they could probably send me into a nut house. Hah!

So my point is, that there are more things than science wants to admit and maybe the OP saw one of them. And only he can get to the bottom of this with a type of meditation or some regression therapy if he wants to be sure or listen to your gut feeling OP. What is it telling you? Are you really on the side of hallucination or are you just saying that so you won't appear as a weirdo on ats : ) ?

I think you probably know the truth already. Just your rational mind is getting in the way...that is my gut feeling.
edit on 14515701241255December5512553115 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Strong hallucinations are usually from sleep paralysis. Seeing shadow people and such things from the corner of your eye is also common. I had a friend in school who told me they would see a boulder rolling down their hallway whenever they were sick (I haven't heard this sort of thing from anyone else).

Seeing a vivid hallucination dead on while fully awake is extremely rare, but not unheard of. As for how you distinguish hallucination from reality, l suppose all we can do is to make an educated guess.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: VP740

Seeing a vivid hallucination dead on while fully awake is extremely rare, but not unheard of. As for how you distinguish hallucination from reality, l suppose all we can do is to make an educated guess.

yes, that is the truth, you just cannot know for sure. I would say that a person who has an experience should decide for himself, no doctor or any other person can tell you the definite answer.

How do you decide that? dunno, we each have different ways of evaluation, for me it could be something like this:
- what were the feelings while it happened? - intuition is most important with this stuff, I think!
- is it one or more occurrences?
- google if this happens to other too?
- what was the nature of experience, were you just a witness or were there some dialogs or any other details.
- can you induce it again?
- is it maybe related to location?

just a quick list of things I personally would be wondering about if you want to get to the truth.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Dude I feel so bad for you.
I too don't look out the windows at night for that very reason except what I saw was a dirty man with a beard staring back at me.
At the time we lived in Denver and most of the houses in our neighborhood had A LOT
of Windows on the first floor.
I was about 13 and had to get a drink of water and walked downstairs.
While at the sink I looked up and staring right back at me just inches away from the window(just like you) was a very dirty and bearded face.
Needless to say I nearly pooped my pants and ran up the stairs to my room just like Ferris Buelers sister did after kicking Mr. Rooney in the face. I ran up the stairs just like that.

I think you saw what you saw. Growing up in a strict Christian family would have you trained not to believe in stuff like aliens.
Sounds to me like you have vigorously tried to talk yourself into believing that you did NOT see an alien and must have been dreaming, hallucinating or something like that.

If you really want to dig into it I would see a professional that specializes in hypnosis and try to look at it that way.
My psychiatrist used hypnosis to get some details from my childhood and it was simply amazing.
You are not unconscious or anything like that.
You are just unbelievabley relaxed and you can almost see what is going on when you reach the time period or incident period you need to review.
You can almost fast forward or backword like using a remote for you DVD.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

PM me if you need to ask me any questions.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
My sister saw one at the foot of our bed when we were kids. Good to know she's not the only one. Neither are you.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Interesting story, I'll share one of my own since it was somewhat close to what you experienced. I don't remember fully how old I was, but my brain keeps telling me it was around 5th grade. We lived in a house right next door to my grandma's, and I shared a room with my brother. Sometimes we'd have our bunk beds put together, other times we'd have them separated(even if it meant no room in our room lol). Our room was down a small hallway from the kitchen, and my mom would always leave the fluorescent light above the sink on(so people wouldn't trip on their way to the bathroom), so our room was always illuminated.

During this time period our bunk beds were put together, and I always slept on the bottom. Well, one night while I was asleep, I got this weird feeling that something was wrong and I woke up to see what was going on. At the side of my bed was what looked like a grey alien. I don't know if it was on it's knees, or just really short, but I saw it waving both of it's arms over my body back and forth, like it was scanning for something. I watched for a moment, but got so scared that I threw my blanket over my head and kept thinking "Please go away! Please go away!". Next thing I know, it's morning.

I remember asking my brother if he got up that night, and he told me no. I still thought for a moment that he was just messing with me, but my brother is very easy to read. When I told him what I saw, he looked at me like I was dumb. He's the worst at keeping secrets if he's trying to be bratty, he has this dumb smile on his face, so I did believe him.

I've pondered throughout my life whether or not what I saw was real, or as you put it, a childhood hallucination. It wasn't sleep paralysis, because I could move. As a kid, I couldn't go to sleep easily. If I woke up for any reason, it took me a good while(15 minutes on average, as a kid I'd watch the clock) to fall back asleep. That night, within seconds I was back asleep, almost as if they realized I was awake and put me to sleep.

It's not an amazing story, but it's what I remember, and has always stuck with me throughout my life whenever I get on the topic. To this day, I'm not sure what to think of it, though I do tend to believe more that something was there. Not necessarily because I want to believe, but every single time I tell myself it was just a vision, something in the back of my mind keeps telling me that's not true.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

But, did the alien play with your balls?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Did you believe in Aliens, or knew what a Grey was before having the experience at all?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I had a similar experience when I was about 9 or 10. Except, I know mine was not a hallucination. As a matter of fact, I shared a bed with my younger sister. I could feel it's presence, I was so terrified I couldn't scream for my dad. My sister was in a deep sleep, and no matter how hard I squeezed her arm, I could not wake her up. So I did the next best thing, I bit her as hard as I could, hoping that she would wake up, I bit her so hard, I thought I would break her skin. But nothing! So finally I covered myself with my blankets and began to pray, I prayed as hard as I could. It's hard to explain, but I could sense where it was and it was aware of what I was doing. It eventually left.
These things are demonic. I've researched, read, and watched similar stories.
-Dread, fear, feeling of being watched, some paralyzed with fear, these things can read/sense thoughts, communicate without words. Appear out of nowhere, disappear, etc.

Read this website (OVER 100 TESTIMONIES OF ABDUCTIONS)
www.alienresistance.org...

The Most Powerful Evidence in the World Today Showing the
True Nature of the Entities Behind the UFO / Alien Abduction Phenomenon

Over 100 Online Testimonies that Alien Abductions
Stop and Can Be Terminated as a Life Pattern
In the Name and Authority of Jesus Christ

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Just curious, did you have any other experiences in your life? Most cases of abduction seem to involve repeat abductees. If you just saw them but have no recollection of any other events, it's possible that they weren't there for you (assuming that's what you actually saw). If it's just a one off occurrence it's very possible it was just a dream, or even a daydream if you were just laying in bed thinking.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Well other than that experience I have not had any other hallucinations or "direct encountering"-- I have had dreams repeat dreams, with ufos and aliens they are always ominous and quite scary in my dreams, even more so than perhaps they would be in real life. There is one dream in particular that is also etched into my memory here it is.

I had a dream in which I became lucid, and realized I was surrounded by your typical grey aliens.I became aware that they were using our dreams to manipulate us by implanting archetypical and primordial imagery into our dreams, therefor controlling our waking reality. I don't remember much more than that but I woke up in a panic sweat dripping, heart beating 1000mph, and x wife next to me sound asleep. That one was hard to reason. My logical mind always wins out so I wrote it off, but I've never felt comfortable with that dream and I've always remembered it.

Like I said I am not making any claims but I am adding to the ats archive for what it is worth, as far as I am concerned I see a psychological component to all this but that is my personal take. Happy New Years brother

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Very interesting... Although I've never personally seen an extraterrestrial being, I've always felt and acknowledged some sort of energy force and or being that has directly and indirectly had influence on my life. I am no believer in god nor do I follow any religion, but for a fact I know something is out there, not controlling me like a puppet with strings, but guiding me away from danger and anything that could harm my physical, mental and spiritual well being. For some reason thoughts seem to be wired directly to me, my dreams always have relevant purpose that involve some sort of entity directing me through my thoughts and problems, its always a short in stature being that is darker in color and the face is always blank as if it were being covered up or blurred as if a shadow is casted over it. These guides I like to call them never speak dialogue but I understand the message they try to get across, as if it is one with me durring the dream, like our minds are connected. When I wake up I always feel a certain type of way with an adrenaline rush and usually feel like I just got done jogging with my mental being completely drained. What I experience in these dreams from time to time, I'd say on the monthly basis seem so real to me that I just embrace them and value them for what they are... I live out in the mountains of northern California and I do a lot of meditating at night with an infinite view of the skies, and for some reason I feel a connection from a certain area in the sky every night, like something is out there watching, observing, and teaching me ways of life.

Or I just smoke too much of that ocean grown goodness, but I've had too many experiences to prove otherwise, at least to me.

Happy new year everyone!

-DuR
edit on 1-1-2016 by DoUrResearch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Double post sorry!
edit on 1-1-2016 by DoUrResearch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Well, from what I read, my gut tells me this was a real experience, and what I mean by that is, not a dream, false memory, or hallucination. As to what the thing was, who knows, but it definitely sounds like a Grey alien. I just wished it played with your balls. j/k

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AzothPendragon

Im actually quite relieved it maintained the presence of mind not to play with my balls, and I am sorry that the "aliens" you encountered could not help themselves.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

When I was a child I thought a man that resembled the Jolly Green Giant stood next to my furnace in the basement. It was definitely my imagination as we all know damn well the JGG does not exist. As an adult, I dont believe anything was there at all. Just my imagination.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join