It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masons I have met

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There are several Freemasons that appeared in my life at various times, and it has always been a kind of odd experience. I am posting this here instead of Secret Societies because one of the men I am not sure was a Mason, and I have some personal hypothesis I am going to go into which I can in no way substantiate.

1. I was working at Wal-Mart in Tucson around 2000. One of the security guards was an old fat White Mason from The South. He took a liking to me, and would always want to talk to me in the break room, and ignored everyone else. At first, he told me some war stories and life in The South, and we made small talk. Then, he began talking to me about Freemasonry, and he really wanted me to join, but they don't believe in recruiting, and I would have to approach a Mason and say, "I want to see some Light."
At the time I was a very strict Pentecostal Christian. He told me there are other books that Solomon wrote, which I can read part of when I get inducted into the Masons, and every degree I attain, they will let me read more. I said, "But isn't the Bible all we need?"
And he told me, "Yes, but there are other books of Solomon which I think you may find very interesting."

I thought the whole thing was very heretical, though he told me it's not a cult or religion, it's a fraternity. He also complimented me on my intelligence, and he told me, "You're not like these other people. You have a good mind. You see all these people around us, they walk around like a bunch of idiots and never think for themselves. You'd make a really good Mason."

I used to tell that story for years, because I thought it was funny how would always say, "You have to say you want to see some light," and take a long pause waiting for me to repeat the magic words back.

2. I got married to my first wife in 2005. My ex-father-in-law, Frank, is a 33rd degree Freemason. My ex-wife told me that when she was in high school, he joined the Masons, and she actually helped him do some of the puzzles he brought home that he was supposed to do himself.
She told me that he started acting differently after he joined the Masons, in a good way. He seemed a lot more happy and balanced. He always wore Masonic ties with a Masonic tie pin. I don't remember him wearing a ring. He freely talked about the Masons and his membership. He said the Masons practically saved his life. I really liked him. I found him interesting and amusing, and he respected me, unlike my ex-mother-in-law who is a conniving bitch. She always talked # about her ex-husband, Frank, to me, but he never said anything bad about her. In fact, he almost never said anything about her at all.
Another reason I liked him is because my cat, Clover, instantly liked him and jumped in his lap. My ex and I had three cats, and Clover liked me more than her. She was not very affectionate, but she was really sweet. She would almost never sit in my lap, but when I was sad, she would lie down, pressing against my leg, and fall asleep. When my ex left me, and I left her state to come back to Hawaii, Clover went with Frank, because I think my ex knew that Clover liked him more than her.
The experience left me with a more positive view of the Masons.

3. In 2011, I got really sick with an unknown illness that left me disabled. I decided I don't know what to do with myself, so I am going to go down to Occupy Honolulu and tell those dumb#s that they are playing right into the enemies' hands, and maybe I could make some political points and troll the Illuminati at the same time.
I made a big sign that said N.W.O. = LOL, and I drew some Masonic symbols, like the Compass and the Square, and the All-Seeing Eye, then I drew a "NO" symbol over them (the circle with the slash.) Then I drew a grinning Trollface, and stood on the corner of Thomas Square (which is a park created by the Masons, and is a giant British flag when seen from the air.)
A random tall White man with a tan wearing an Asshole Outfit, (golfing hat, polo shirt, kahki shorts, penny loafers) approached me. He said, "Don't worry, we have it all taken care of," gesturing to the sign, grinning
I said, "Who's 'we'?"
He didn't answer, and suddenly changed demeanor, becoming indignant, "How dare you do such a thing in the City of Jesse!"
I said, "What are you talking about?"
Then he said, "A million points of light, all across the Pacific!" Again smiling and appearing happy and amused.
I asked, "Okay, what are you talking about, man?"
Then he said, angry again, "How dare you do such a think in the City of David!" Then, he suddenly smiled, winked, and walked away.

Later I did research, because I thought he was speaking to me in code, and he was. The Million Points of Light are the the Illuminated Ones, or Freemasons. He was telling me that the Pacific is full of a million Masons.

The City of David, is of course, Jerusalem. I wondered how he could be calling Honolulu Jerusalem. We did literally have a King David here, Kind David Kalaukaua, the last king of the Hawaiian Monarchy, before the overthrow. Get this: He was a high level Mason, and became a Shriner. He was friends with Albert Pike, and had a huge Masonic party at Iolani Palace where only Masons were invited. The insignia in the center of the Seal of Hawaii is actually two trowels and a T level, but the Hawaiians have been deceived into thinking its two canoe paddles and a kahekili, which is a post with feathers on the top. The Hawaiians never had pointed paddles, though. Not only that, The king was given special Masonic tools by the Freemasons and they look exactly like the symbol in the center of the Seal.

c2.staticflickr.com...

www.hawaii-nation.org...

4. My wife and I were homeless on the Big Island of Hawaii. We got stranded in the desert with no water, at a park where tourists were coming to watch whales. I asked a stranger to borrow his phone, and he let me. I tried to call my wife's uncle, who said he would help us, but he's an effing psychopath, and didn't even pick up the phone. This man said we could stay at his house for one night, which I appreciated. He had an "ohana building" which is a kind of servant's cottage. He was really rich, obviously, and he had three pet goats. His house was huge, and he seemed to live by himself, but he kept talking about a wife which we never saw. I noticed he had a Masonic ashtray or something, and I asked him about it. He said he was a third degree Mason, but he quit because he found them boring. He was kind of interesting, and also very narcissistic, talking about himself a lot. He is writing about called Levolution, about how evolution is natural throughout the universe, and he also claimed to be one of the founders of the internet.
I left a silver coin on his Buddha statue.
He had in his library, Morals and Dogma by Albert Pike, which is only given to 32 degree Masons. He said his father went to degree 33, and it was his old book. I read an interesting book he had there called The Egyptian Tarot.

5. My wife and I were living with my parents due to us being poor from disability. I asked my parents do they know anyone at church with a business. About a year after asking them this, my mother said she knows someone that owns a commercial tourist boat that they are getting ready for service. I got hired, and got paid well.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I have met and know personally many Masons and they are a mixture of obnoxious, confused, informed, carefree individuals you could ever wish to meet.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Nice story, but I seem to miss out on something that your were really trying to explain.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AzothPendragon

I guess there is a character limit to posts? Anyway, to finish:

I knew this man is a Mason because he wears his Masonic ring every day. Though we never talked about it. He took a liking to me, I think because we are both veterans, I work hard, and can talk # with the best of them. He's from New Jersey, and acts like a Mafia gangster, though he has an Anglo last name. I used to live in Mass, and was in the military, so we'd talk a lot of # to each other, which amused him.
I thought about joining the Masons out of curiosity and for the connections, though they say that's not why you are supposed to join.
I ended up losing that job, but I didn't really care because the owner is a secondary psychopath, and would insist we work with fiberglass and dangerous chemical vapors without the proper personal protection. Also, he allowed people to drink on the job, and these dumbasses were using power tools while drinking.

He sent me three text messages in the entire time I've known him. The first one was a joke meme, the last one was "Happy Thanksgiving" but the second one was really bizarre.

He sent me a link to a video about how anyone can easily be hypnotized to kill someone. (This was after I lost the job.) Here it is:

This disturbed the hell out of me, because I felt like his "son-in-law" (stepdaughter's boyfriend that impregnated her), hated me to the point he wants to literally kill me. This dude is a total violent psychopath, and is a ex-convict, double felon. He actually came to work, and bragged about beating the # out of his girlfriend. I felt maybe my old boss was saying he had to let me go, so his son-in-law would not kill me, as he is a mind control slave of the CIA, and I feel like I have been gang stalked, targeted for years because of certain psychic abilities I have.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Nice story, but I seem to miss out on something that your were really trying to explain.

I didn't get to finish, I guess because there's a character limit, but here is the rest in my reply to myself.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
You can buy a copy of Morals and Dogma on the internet. Some are a bit pricey, but a used copy is affordable.

Just an FYI if you are interested in learning more.
edit on 29-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It doesn't really sound to me like any of your encounters with Masons were extraordinary. Many Masons use the organization more like a fraternity or Old Boys Club, and there is no need to go beyond the 3rd degree at all. The fact that the one guy had Morals and Dogma by Albert Pike is also no big deal. I've got two copies myself and I'm not even a Mason. You can often find them in used bookstores.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I have met and know personally many Masons and they are a mixture of obnoxious, confused, informed, carefree individuals you could ever wish to meet.

that's interesting. sounds similar to my experience. I just remembered one more Mason I met. this guy was only 1st degree, then I think he got "kicked out."

Anyway, he came down to Occupy Honolulu, and seemed like kind of a burnt out hippie that was permafried from acid. He told me he joined the Masons, but they didn't like him. He said some interesting things about philosophy and life. I wondered if he was schizophrenic, because he kept jumping from subject to subject and seemed kind of out of it.

He suddenly walked near the sidewalk away from me, took off all his clothes, sat down on the ground, and started picking of handfuls of grass cutting and dropping them on his head. Cops soon showed up with a big yellow blanket, and took him away.

Oh, another thing I forgot is the guy who responded to my trolling came down to Occupy one day, and got mad because someone was flying that stupid Adbusters American flag with corporate logos instead of stars, and ripped it off the pole and threw it away.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It doesn't really sound to me like any of your encounters with Masons were extraordinary. Many Masons use the organization more like a fraternity or Old Boys Club, and there is no need to go beyond the 3rd degree at all. The fact that the one guy had Morals and Dogma by Albert Pike is also no big deal. I've got two copies myself and I'm not even a Mason. You can often find them in used bookstores.

I don't think it's a big deal that he had that book. I just thought it was interesting.

I think some of the experiences were extraordinary, like guy talking to me in code, and my ex-boss randomly sending me that link.
edit on 29-12-2015 by AzothPendragon because: forgot something

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Evil White Mason here.

Just so you know, Morals and Dogma was given out in the Southern Jurisdiction of the Scottish Rite until the switched over to A Bridge of Light. The just recently switched back to an annotated version of the former, sort of like Shakespeare but instead it has Pike and commentary by Arturo de Hoyos who did the update.

This book was only ever relevant to Scottish Rite Masons in that jurisdiction and is rather irrelevant to anyone else.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This is all I'll say, 90% of Masons don't know jack and the rest rule the world. Less than half the knowledge a Mason learns is actually applicable and is a mixture of common sense, good morals and servitude. The rest of their secrets must apply directly to the member's trade or end up as nothing but hobby knowledge. The best kept secrets are the controlling mechanisms of the human mind and how to manipulate the environment chemically. While there are big secrets referring to the "real" God and the mathematical language it speaks in, most Masons don't know what to do with the information than keep it a secret. In smaller towns you'll sometimes get a Mason to crack, but you have to be tolerated and accepted by a specific ego. I understand the game they play and also realize that certain information cannot exist in the hands of the feeble minded. At the same time, part of me wants them to just "let the dogs out" and see if we implode.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
While there are big secrets referring to the "real" God and the mathematical language it speaks in, most Masons don't know what to do with the information than keep it a secret.

If you actually knew what the 'big secrets' are you would roll your eyes and say, 'Really?'.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AzothPendragon

that's interesting. sounds similar to my experience. I just remembered one more Mason I met. this guy was only 1st degree, then I think he got "kicked out."

Anyway, he came down to Occupy Honolulu, and seemed like kind of a burnt out hippie that was permafried from acid. He told me he joined the Masons, but they didn't like him. He said some interesting things about philosophy and life. I wondered if he was schizophrenic, because he kept jumping from subject to subject and seemed kind of out of it.

He suddenly walked near the sidewalk away from me, took off all his clothes, sat down on the ground, and started picking of handfuls of grass cutting and dropping them on his head. Cops soon showed up with a big yellow blanket, and took him away.

Oh, another thing I forgot is the guy who responded to my trolling came down to Occupy one day, and got mad because someone was flying that stupid Adbusters American flag with corporate logos instead of stars, and ripped it off the pole and threw it away.

To be honest, he sounds like a fruit loop, rather than a Mason. Just my opinion.

When I say I have met and know Mason's, I mean I have been in their employ, within their lodge.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Masons = dudes who want to meet other intelligent dudes and get out of the house for a bit, BBQ and chit-chat about philosophy and stuff.

If anything, it's a social network that was created before Facebook or LinkedIn. Actually, it's like an old-school LinkedIn. That's about it. From what I understand you're not going to become some uber successful businessman because you're a Mason, but it does open doors to people/places for you.

Masons, not trying to take over the world...apparently their best secrets are the recipes they make for their banquets. And I'm not being sarcastic of facetious

Around here, they all look to be older, WWII and Korean War vets (from the lodge's webpage). That's fine by me, lay some war stories on me, lay some wisdom and advice on me -- those fellas have decades on me and have seen stuff I can't imagine. I know now at my current age that listening to elders is something we ought to feel privileged doing.

I hope someday I have some stories worth telling young whippersnappers.

EDIT: And I'm going to have FUN as an elderly guy. Ever seen "Bad Grandpa"? Oh yeah... lol

edit on 29-12-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

While there are big secrets referring to the "real" God and the mathematical language it speaks in, most Masons don't know what to do with the information than keep it a secret.

If you actually knew what the 'big secrets' are you would roll your eyes and say, 'Really?'.

Damn, I so want to be nice. I respect you.

We can agree on what the secrets are, but we may disagree on what the "fraternity" exists for. Everything has a purpose or it wouldn't exist. Certain Masons have a purpose, while others do not.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Damn, I so want to be nice. I respect you.

Which is why I would not jerk you around.

We can agree on what the secrets are, but we may disagree on what the "fraternity" exists for. Everything has a purpose or it wouldn't exist. Certain Masons have a purpose, while others do not.

The 'secrets' are five handshakes and five passwords. That is it. I had guys come up to me after getting their 3rd Degree and say, 'What happens next?', and I tell them, 'Nothing, you need to come and see three degrees, travel to the Grand Lodge once, visit another lodge in the district and you are a full-fledged, card carrying member', and their reply is usually, 'That's it, where's the Templar gold?'. Frankly (and sadly) we often do not even hold them to those minimal standards.

The purpose of Masonry is to facilitate a place where like-minded individuals can come and share time and strive for self-improvement. There is no grand design or ultimate goal. There is no 'upper echelon' laying out directives to the membership. It really is not as glamorous as conspiracy theorsits make it out to be and I say to anyone who doubts me, come and join and then report back on what you found.

edit on 29-12-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
My father in law was a mason and 2 of my brother in laws are masons, I`ve never asked them about the masons or talked to them about their affiliation with the masons. They are normal hard working,law abiding, honest folks and that's good enough for me.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AzothPendragon

To be honest, he sounds like a fruit loop, rather than a Mason. Just my opinion.

When I say I have met and know Mason's, I mean I have been in their employ, within their lodge.

Well, yes, he was obviously insane. He got booted out after the first degree. It's pretty easy to make it to the third degree, it seems, and it only takes three months. So, he "was" only a Mason for maybe a month or so. He told me they said not to tell their secrets or they would kill him, but he seemed not to take them seriously, because he shrugged when he said it.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ive read a couple of their "secrets" and i felt like a retard afterwards, it was a long time ago i felt so stupid.. Now im gonna continue on my work on norse mythology.. Only thing i learned from the masons, you are dumb as f***

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anansi

Ive read a couple of their "secrets"...

Which were what and where did you read them?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join