It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masons I have met

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Interesting.

I'm in a small southern community, highly Masonic, and all the gentlemen of esteemed age I have met that are Masons are overwhelmingly grandfatherish to me, each in their own way. I have one good friend (younger) who recently joined, and he is a wonderful person...registered nurse and aid to the elderly, his entire life devoted to the service of others.

It saddens me when most assume the "conspiracy angle" is more valid, as most of it reads to me like hypocritical hogwash and a bad screenplay for a nightmare and so many who latch onto the "dark mythos" neglect the inherent humanity of the actual Lodge members. They fail to see the Light as they are far too fascinated and thereby consumed by the Darkness. A pity, really. I feel bad for them.

My greatest regret is my feminine gender, for I would dearly love to learn more of Masonry firsthand. Sounds right up my alley....esoterics, self-improvement, community service, charity. Now that's something I can believe in.

Eastern Star frightens me somewhat, as the Elder Ladies might not be too fond of my ineptitude for cooking.
Cleaning, I have down.
But baked goods and proper meals I'm still learning.

Just being part of this community I have learned a wealth of positive lessons merely by immersive proximity.

edit on 1/12/16 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar edits, formatting

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Nice post...and I truly say that in an unbiased manner. Because it is realistic. I of course am not Eastern Star...but if I know what I know of Masonry can apply to OES....then cleaning is an invaluable need! We need them...always

<< 2  3  4   >>

join