It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix's Docuseries Making a Murderer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I cant decide if he killed her or not.
Hopefully the good lawyers he had are actually as passionate as they seemed to be while being paid to defend him.
If they truly believe he is innocent, they should have no problem continuing to represent him, even though he is out of money.
The thing that gets me,
Is that when they talk to certain members of the family, they have no doubt that Steven did it.
It makes me think there is more to the man that the docu-series tells us.
I mean, the dude threw a live cat on a fire before.
Then again, he has found love in his life and a woman willing to marry him more than once and the timing of the crime doesn't make much sense at all.
Who knows. I just hope the truth comes out eventually.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I saw this too, and it was the most powerful documentary about criminal (in)justice I have ever seen. The inconsistencies and the blatant lies and double dealing on behalf of the authorities at all levels was truly saddening.

Killed in the garage right? No blood anywhere amongst those literally hundreds of bits and pieces...then at the kids trial she is killed on the bed in the bedroom, again no blood anywhere...I got lost there, it was like they had two different ideas for the two different trials...

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
There was a guy repeatedly phoning Ms Halbach in the days before her death, surely there are ways of finding out who this was?

It is one of the details of the investigation that I'm staggered was never pursued further.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: twfau

------------------SPOILER ALERT--------------------

They could, if they wanted to, but the case is absolutely built on the premise of not wanting to find anybody BUT Steven Avery.

The blood sample...what to say about that? Even if it could or could not be proven that there was EDTA in the sample, the very fact that it had been opened/unsealed, in a locked and secure location, AND that there was a syringe hole in the top!!! I mean WTH??? What possible reason was there for that?

Sorry for the spoilers but hell.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Im starting episode six now and i am amazed that there is no real evidence of it ever happened in trailor or carage. I wonder the origins of the bones found tho. Were those placed afterwards or did the burning actually happened and if so was he aware that there were a body.
According to medical examiners she was shot in head and her skull bones were in several pieces tho nothing was found in anyplace else than where the bonfire was.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Started watching 2 days ago, currently on episode 4.... Will come back after too join the discussion... If i make it back... Wife is pretty po'd... Last night she came in and started asking questions... Told her she can watch 1-3 and we can watch rest together.... Got off work today and she was not happy she has to wait until tonight to continue lol
Captivating documentory, if i didn't have work would marathon it.

edit on 30-12-2015 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I can say that the evidence is that which was found in the burn pit, the car, the key, the bullet fragment and the testimony of Brendan. I think that is the evidence, and it sounds like a lot of evidence...until you realise that the circumstances by which this evidence was found is unbelievably, well unbelievable.

Edit: I think also that there were bone fragments found in two other places, a barrel and also a long way off, not sure where, which makes no sense at all.
edit on 30-12-2015 by Jonjonj because: edited to edit something

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
UPRoxx ran this today: ‘Making A Murderer’ Prosecutor Ken Kratz Says The Series ‘Omitted Key Evidence’

“You don’t want to muddy up a perfectly good conspiracy movie with what actually happened,” Kratz tells PEOPLE by email, “and certainly not provide the audience with the evidence the jury considered to reject that claim.”

What's the super juicy evidence?

“Phone records show three calls from Avery to Teresa’s cell phone on Oct. 31,” says Kratz. “One at 2:24 [p.m.], and one at 2:35 – both calls Avery uses the *67 feature so Teresa doesn’t know it him…both placed before she arrives.

“Then one last call at 4:35 p.m., without the *67 feature. Avery first believes he can simply say she never showed up…so tries to establish the alibi call after she’s already been there, hence the 4:35 call. She will never answer of course, so he doesn’t need the *67 feature for that last call.”

Did Kratz fall asleep at the wheel? Didn't the "evidence", which was discussed in the series, point to the husband making the calls?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

I would not even know how to catalogue that evidence, what does it even mean? In a courtroom that would be considered speculation wouldn't it? Here is a thing to think about, Kratz is now persona non grata, a proven abuser, and also a proven drug addict. You have to wonder, could he not be a bit blurry on some of the issues? And even if that isn't the case, it rather sounds to me like a man trying to cover his own arse. I think heads will roll on this issue, even if Avery is never released. The amount of subterfuge used by the Manitowoc county Sheriff's department on the first case, leading to the law suit, leading to this case is absolutely a stunning example of small town corruption snowballing into state wide and then Federal corruption/collusion with the sole objective of protecting the status quo. Shocking.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

edit on 30-12-2015 by ditchweed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Glad to see I'm not the only one that binge watched this. Something fishy all the way around there. The motive or lack thereof is what strikes me.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Glad to see I'm not the only one that binge watched this. Something fishy all the way around there. The motive or lack thereof is what strikes me.

There is no motive as far as I can see. There is however a huge motivation on behalf of the Manitowoc Sherrif's department and the town council to have this person removed. I have a question, if they had simply killed Avery, as one officer said would have been easier, would that have meant the end of the claim for restitution that the county would have had to pay? If family members could have been the recipients of the claim then the state may have thought that legal recourse was the best way forward.

By legal recourse I of course mean the completely illegal yet legally bound method of destroying a person in court. The illegal yet legal for some reason, method of ignoring important evidence by a state judge, the illegal or legal denial of right to appeal beyond state boundaries and the law which states that once a case goes beyond state boundaries that the appelate has NO RIGHT TO FINANCIAL HELP to have legal representation. WTF is that in America? Seriously?
edit on 30-12-2015 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Well, looking at the Wikipedia link posted at the top, I find it hard to believe this guy could have been innocent in every case, whether he was eventually exonerated or not. I accept that bad luck happens to some people but how could someone possibly get charged with so many serious crimes and not be guilty of any of them?

You need to think...Why would he kill this woman? He'd never been charged with murder before and in the cases where he was arrested/charged, he pled no contest or guilty. He did stupid stuff that many young people do, did his time, paid his fines and that's that. The bogus charges his female cousin (that were augmented by someone in the sheriff's department) were false as well. He confronted her about her spreading lies about him, they ran off the road, etc. but he didn't jerk off on her car as was initially reported.

Do you think he was guilty of the sexual assault he was wrongfully convicted of? DNA evidence cleared him and his attorneys were in the process of deposing several higher ups in Manitowoc County. He CLEARLY had evidence of misconduct, gross misconduct, by the sheriff's office all the way up to the DA, etc.

So why would a guy who was set to get such a large windfall of money just decide to kill some random woman a few weeks before these last depositions were to take place? It makes zero sense.

I believe he is innocent, as is his nephew. I just think about the case in its entirety and in a critical manner. I've looked up other evidence, etc. But, if they shot her and did whatever else they did, why was not a SPECK of blood found? Have you ever seen a large amount of blood? I'm not talking from a cut, I'm talking from a pumper (artery) type bleed. Being a nurse, I have and I can tell you it is a BITCH to clean up, even with the right chemicals, etc.

Then I ask myself, who had the motive? Not necessarily the motive to kill Teresa, but to get Avery out of their hair? Then you bring in the most dispicalble "Special Prosecutor" you can find, a drug addicted slime ball who will do what he's told to do, so HIS secrets don't get out.

I hope Anonymous or someone comes up with the evidence or something to tie all of them together, including Dassey's first court appointed attorney who was CLEARLY working for the prosecution.

Occam's Razor...Steven Avery didn't kill this woman and was framed for her murder.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS
UPRoxx ran this today: ‘Making A Murderer’ Prosecutor Ken Kratz Says The Series ‘Omitted Key Evidence’

“You don’t want to muddy up a perfectly good conspiracy movie with what actually happened,” Kratz tells PEOPLE by email, “and certainly not provide the audience with the evidence the jury considered to reject that claim.”

What's the super juicy evidence?

“Phone records show three calls from Avery to Teresa’s cell phone on Oct. 31,” says Kratz. “One at 2:24 [p.m.], and one at 2:35 – both calls Avery uses the *67 feature so Teresa doesn’t know it him…both placed before she arrives.

“Then one last call at 4:35 p.m., without the *67 feature. Avery first believes he can simply say she never showed up…so tries to establish the alibi call after she’s already been there, hence the 4:35 call. She will never answer of course, so he doesn’t need the *67 feature for that last call.”

Did Kratz fall asleep at the wheel? Didn't the "evidence", which was discussed in the series, point to the husband making the calls?

He's grasping at straws here. Half of them say "I didn't watch the documentary, but......" And now Kraptz has to get his creepy mug in the limelight again.

Something stinks in Manitowoc County and I will never step foot in Wisconsin. Ever.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I would not even know how to catalogue that evidence, what does it even mean? In a courtroom that would be considered speculation wouldn't it? Here is a thing to think about, Kratz is now persona non grata, a proven abuser, and also a proven drug addict. You have to wonder, could he not be a bit blurry on some of the issues? And even if that isn't the case, it rather sounds to me like a man trying to cover his own arse. I think heads will roll on this issue, even if Avery is never released. The amount of subterfuge used by the Manitowoc county Sheriff's department on the first case, leading to the law suit, leading to this case is absolutely a stunning example of small town corruption snowballing into state wide and then Federal corruption/collusion with the sole objective of protecting the status quo. Shocking.

I agree and think they hand picked their Special Prosecutor for just that reason. He was tainted and they knew he'd do whatever he was told to save his own ass. That's what I feel, anyway.

edit on 30-12-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
I cant decide if he killed her or not.
Hopefully the good lawyers he had are actually as passionate as they seemed to be while being paid to defend him.
If they truly believe he is innocent, they should have no problem continuing to represent him, even though he is out of money.
The thing that gets me,
Is that when they talk to certain members of the family, they have no doubt that Steven did it.
It makes me think there is more to the man that the docu-series tells us.
I mean, the dude threw a live cat on a fire before.
Then again, he has found love in his life and a woman willing to marry him more than once and the timing of the crime doesn't make much sense at all.
Who knows. I just hope the truth comes out eventually.

They were criminal defense attorneys, not appellate attorneys...He needs an attorney that specializes in the appellate process at this point. The state provides one for the first appeal but after that you're on your own.

Makes me sick.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: soundguy

There is no motive as far as I can see. There is however a huge motivation on behalf of the Manitowoc Sherrif's department and the town council to have this person removed. I have a question, if they had simply killed Avery, as one officer said would have been easier, would that have meant the end of the claim for restitution that the county would have had to pay? If family members could have been the recipients of the claim then the state may have thought that legal recourse was the best way forward.

Bingo. They couldn't kill SA because the case wouldn't have just "died" with him.

So, what's the next best thing?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

If nothing else this case should surely speak to the people as a demonstration of the FACT that if you have no money, you can NOT get justice. It really is that simple, and is a shame.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I just finished this last week my thoughts

Found the car in the front of a 40+ Acer lot.
Found keys after multi searches with do DNA from the victim.

Brother deleting victim voicemails.

Ex boyfriend hacking her password for cell records.

My thoughts. Her brother and her ex b/f are involved.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Who's husband?

From what I have seen, no phone calls were connected to her phone at all between the last call from Avery, that coincidentally was the only non star six seven and the time someone saw a fire on the Avery property.

I have done a lot of research into this case after watching it, and even with all the evidence that seems to good to be true, the phone calls are very, very suspicious.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join