It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC disqualifying first time voters in VA?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: UKTruth

Cute how you keep banging that drum on reading comprehension. I just said Trump tweeted about it today. What the actual # difference does that make? None. He can tweet about whatever he wants whenever he wants. Which makes zero difference to when something actually happened.

You've now descended into nothing but petty personal attacks after having your OP thoroughly disproven on every point other than Donald Trump got on Twitter today, which is a point that I'm happy to agree with you on. Since you appear to need to have the last word so your quest to be "right" is fulfilled, I'll do that for ya now.

Happy holidays

Yep - I asked a question and referred to a TRUMP tweet. Thats the sum of it. And?
Seems like a pretty reasonable source to me, but must remember to check with you next time

I am not trying to be 'right' - I am referring to something that has happened today. Seems like its you that has a quest to be the font of all knowledge.

So at least we can move on now that we are on the same page - i.e. Trump is tweeting today about an issue (that I suspect many are unaware of). The interesting and speculative part is why he is he talking about this today and what he is actually saying - I find it unlikely he has just got round to it 3 months later, especially as its not one of the first primaries and it is supposed to be an open primary.

Trump has clearly stated that the RNC ' is working hard to disallow independent, unaffiliated and new voters'. The part about new voters is especially worrying and is not referenced in the September news article.

Perhaps tomorrow he will be questioned further on it and we will get some further insight. My view is that he has either misinterpreted something and been badly advised OR something has changed.

edit on 27/12/2015 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The interesting and speculative part is why he is he talking about this today and what he is actually saying - I find it unlikely he has just got round to it 3 months later

You're giving this clown WAY too much credit. He has demonstrated over and over that he has no clue about how the process works. He could have easily just heard about this.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Some states limit primary voting to people in the parties, others don't, and still others have what is called a caucus which isn't actually a process involving what you would recognize as voting at all. Iowa does this; they call them the Hawkeye Caucii for a reason. And in Hew Hampshire, they allow out-of-state folks to come in and take part.

Then there are even more ways to divvy up the state's delegates. AND even more fun, the state's delegates don't even have to be bound by the results of the state's vote or caucus when they get to the convention which is where the brokered convention comes into play.

As a registered Independent voter, when I lived in Kansas, I did not get to take part in the state's primary vote because it was a registered party voter only primary. Since I moved to Missouri, that has changed. Missouri allows me to vote for either party's candidates in a primary election, but I must choose which party I will vote for. I cannot vote in both primaries.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

The interesting and speculative part is why he is he talking about this today and what he is actually saying - I find it unlikely he has just got round to it 3 months later

You're giving this clown WAY too much credit. He has demonstrated over and over that he has no clue about how the process works. He could have easily just heard about this.

Haha - yes, perhaps. As I said he has either misinterpreted OR something has changed. If he has misinterpreted the rules I suspect there to bea fair bit of MSM news bashing on the subject and indeed also from some of his rivals...

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

This seems amazing to me, it is no different from taking the right to vite away from Amercian citizens. How can this be allowed to happen.

I assume you vote in UK elections. When was the last time you had the chance to vote on who the Conservative or Labour candidate was going to be? That's what these "primary elections" are about. It isn't actually an essential feature of democracy, and there is no reason why the relevant parties should not have some control over the process.
You may be getting confused with the election proper, where the voters choose between the different parties. That is a different matter altogether.

UK and US elections are very different. Sometimes we do not even get to vote for the Prime Minister (Gordon Brown). You better hope you dont get close to the British way of voting!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

One thing I'm about 98 percent sure of is that your thread title is BS.

Virginia has open primaries. Any registered voter can vote and there is no way they can stop first time voters.

All they're trying to do this year is make you sign an unenforceable statement saying you're a Republican. Big deal. You can change your mind the next day and be whatever you want. This is America. Nothing they can do about it anyway.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

One thing I'm about 98 percent sure of is that your thread title is BS.

Virginia has open primaries. Any registered voter can vote and there is no way they can stop first time voters.

All they're trying to do this year is make you sign an unenforceable statement saying you're a Republican. Big deal. You can change your mind the next day and be whatever you want. This is America. Nothing they can do about it anyway.

A question can never be BS.
Its not me saying that first time voters are going to be excluded, it is Trump.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

UK and US elections are very different. Sometimes we do not even get to vote for the Prime Minister (Gordon Brown). You better hope you dont get close to the British way of voting!

Evidently you have not guessed that I am British myself. I do know something about British elections. I will have you know that in 1970 I was the victorious Conservative candidate at our school's Mock Election.

"Sometimes..."? Don't you realise that the British electorate have NEVER voted for a Prime Minister, never in the history of General Elections. That's not how the constitution works. We vote for the individual M.P.'s, and the Prime MInister is whatever person can command a majority of M.P.'s. For practical purposes, he is chosen by an implicit vote of the House of Commons.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Evidently you have not guessed that I am British myself. I do know something about British elections. I will have you know that in 1970 I was the victorious Conservative candidate at our school's Mock Election.

"Sometimes..."? Don't you realise that the British electorate have NEVER voted for a Prime Minister, never in the history of General Elections. That's not how the constitution works. We vote for the individual M.P.'s, and the Prime MInister is whatever person can command a majority of M.P.'s. For practical purposes, he is chosen by an implicit vote of the House of Commons.

Indeed - but as you will well know the leader of the party is who people associate with (in the main) and this leads decision making above all else. Most voters hardly know who their MP is, they just see the party name next the candidate and associate it with the leader of the party. (the last data I saw on this suggested only 22% of people knew who their MP was , Hansard Society Survey)

In reality it IS the individual leader, the PM and opposition leader(s), that drives decision making. This is even more so now as the UK has adopted the debate process on national TV.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I'm not a Republican but let's look at what Trump is talking about from a GOP perspective:

He wants to have people who won't declare themselves Republicans vote for him in the Virginia GOP primary.

That would no doubt include Democrats who are trying to screw the Republicans by voting for the least electable candidate. It could also include people who do not support Republican or conservative philosophy but do support things Trump says which are not in accord with the Republican party.

It goes back to the very valid suspicion that Trump isn't really a loyal Republican.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I'm not a Republican but let's look at what Trump is talking about from a GOP perspective:

He wants to have people who won't declare themselves Republicans vote for him in the Virginia GOP primary.

That would no doubt include Democrats who are trying to screw the Republicans by voting for the least electable candidate. It could also include people who do not support Republican or conservative philosophy but do support things Trump says which are not in accord with the Republican party.

It goes back to the very valid suspicion that Trump isn't really a loyal Republican.

From what he is saying, correctly or not, I am more concerned with the notion of not allowing first time voters. Its true that first time voters could actually be previously registered Dems trying to get a weaker GOP candidate elected, but I am not sure how this can be fairly stopped. How do you distinguish between someone who has never voted before and has legitimately been engaged to vote for the first time and someone who is playing a voting game? Maybe they have the data on that to police it, but it's a big undertaking to enforce it. Broad brush exclusions will lead to a voting class that just picks the desired candidate each time.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
T he Republican Party of Virginia Trying to Reduce Voter Turnout – Candidate Donald Trump Responds…

A series of tweets from candidate Donald Trump toward the Republican Party of Virginia have many wondering what’s going on.

It would appear Mr. Trump, and/or the Trump Campaign, has become aware of the RPV intentions to force Virginia voters to swear an loyalty oath (statement of intent) prior to voting in the upcoming primary. We Provided The Leaked Documents In November

Virginia is an interesting state when it comes to the Republican Party and conservative voters. Partly due to the vicinity to Washington DC, and party due to many of the professionally republican living in the state, the hierarchy of the political party apparatus is blue-blooded GOPestablishment yet base of the voting electorate are vulgarian minded conservatives.

Read it again: the RPV intentions to force Virginia voters to swear an loyalty oath (statement of intent) prior to voting in the upcoming primary.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Just read that the RNC is choosing to disqualify first time voters in VA and also seting a time limit (approaching) to be registered as a Republican (a date that many will miss). This seems amazing to me, it is no different from taking the right to vite away from Amercian citizens. How can this be allowed to happen. Are we to expect more of this as polling dates draw close, a rigged voting turnout to skew the results to the establishment?

This seems like a pretty brazen ploy to corrput the elections.

I would have thought that the people of the US could challenge the decision to exclude first time voters?

1. Americans have no right to vote.
2. The parties can set whatever rules for voters they want in their primaries.

It's only in the general election where the parties don't really have any say.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here is the GOP Statement of Intent, which all Republican voters will be forced to sign prior to voting in the primary.

Virginia does not require “voter registration by party”, however in an effort to dissuade the non-traditional republican voter they are forcing all voters to swear party allegiance. We can exclusively share with you the required form, along with the obtuse explanation/justification contained therein:

Today, our Party formally informed the State Board of Elections that the Republican Party of Virginia intends to require a Statement of Intent to be signed by voters in the March 1st Presidential Primary. This request was approved by the State Central Committee on September 19th of this year. Our Party has this option available to us by statute. (this is the part that will exclude newly registered voters).

From a Virginia RPV insider/source:
[…] the goal is to effectively reduce the number of conservatives, independents, and yes democrats who will vote for a non-GOPe candidate (ie. Trump). Party faithful will gladly pledge their allegiance but the rest will stay home. Specifically the RPV is willing to piss off people who will vote republican just to ensure a GOPe candidate. RVP – HQ is a wretched hive of scum and villainy (see Cuccinelli ’13).

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Party faithful will gladly pledge their allegiance but the rest will stay home.

Hehe. Wishful thinking. This just might be ridiculous enough to backfire on them.
edit on 12/27/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Party faithful will gladly pledge their allegiance but the rest will stay home.

Hehe. Wishful thinking. This just might be ridiculous enough to backfire on them.

Why do you say that? Interested...

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
T he Republican Party of Virginia Trying to Reduce Voter Turnout – Candidate Donald Trump Responds…

A series of tweets from candidate Donald Trump toward the Republican Party of Virginia have many wondering what’s going on.

It would appear Mr. Trump, and/or the Trump Campaign, has become aware of the RPV intentions to force Virginia voters to swear an loyalty oath (statement of intent) prior to voting in the upcoming primary. We Provided The Leaked Documents In November

Virginia is an interesting state when it comes to the Republican Party and conservative voters. Partly due to the vicinity to Washington DC, and party due to many of the professionally republican living in the state, the hierarchy of the political party apparatus is blue-blooded GOPestablishment yet base of the voting electorate are vulgarian minded conservatives.

Read it again: the RPV intentions to force Virginia voters to swear an loyalty oath (statement of intent) prior to voting in the upcoming primary.

Yes, thats the same source as the orginal leaked documents - they have assumed that Trump has just come across this information which may be the case, but I want to hear more form Trump himself as if he is referring to this he has not interpreted it correctly as it does not talk about first time voters being excluded.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

From what he is saying, correctly or not, I am more concerned with the notion of not allowing first time voters.

I keep telling you there is no way they can do that. Do you have any link to anything besides a Little Schlong Trump tweet alleging this is happening? The primaries are open in Virginia and anyone who is registered can vote. It doesn't matter when you registered.

originally posted by: UKTruth Its true that first time voters could actually be previously registered Dems

All right, for at least the third time--THERE ARE NO "REGISTERED" DEMOCRATS OR REPUBLICANS IN VIRGINIA. You do not identify a party affiliation when registering to vote in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

originally posted by: UKTruth How do you distinguish between someone who has never voted before and has legitimately been engaged to vote for the first time and someone who is playing a voting game?

Right. There is no way to distinguish between anybody. Anyone who is registered can vote and that is all the info they have--that someone is a registered voter.

originally posted by: UKTruthBroad brush exclusions will lead to a voting class that just picks the desired candidate each time.

The only "exclusion" here would be be people who won't say they are Republicans WHO WANT TO VOTE IN A REPUBLICAN PRIMARY. How is that a "broad brush" exclusion? And if they had a convention instead of a primary which they often do you would have even more restrictions on your participation. The most that will happen this time around is that you'll have to sign a pledge saying you're a Republican; a pledge they have no way whatsoever of enforcing.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

From what he is saying, correctly or not, I am more concerned with the notion of not allowing first time voters.

I keep telling you there is no way they can do that. Do you have any link to anything besides a Little Schlong Trump tweet alleging this is happening? The primaries are open in Virginia and anyone who is registered can vote. It doesn't matter when you registered.

originally posted by: UKTruth Its true that first time voters could actually be previously registered Dems

All right, for at least the third time--THERE ARE NO "REGISTERED" DEMOCRATS OR REPUBLICANS IN VIRGINIA. You do not identify a party affiliation when registering to vote in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

originally posted by: UKTruth How do you distinguish between someone who has never voted before and has legitimately been engaged to vote for the first time and someone who is playing a voting game?

Right. There is no way to distinguish between anybody. Anyone who is registered can vote and that is all the info they have--that someone is a registered voter.

originally posted by: UKTruthBroad brush exclusions will lead to a voting class that just picks the desired candidate each time.

The only "exclusion" here would be be people who won't say they are Republicans WHO WANT TO VOTE IN A REPUBLICAN PRIMARY. How is that a "broad brush" exclusion? And if they had a convention instead of a primary which they often do you would have even more restrictions on your participation. The most that will happen this time around is that you'll have to sign a pledge saying you're a Republican; a pledge they have no way whatsoever of enforcing.

Good grief - I get all that - it is TRUMP saying that first time voters will be excluded! How difficult is that to understand? This thread is in response to his tweets! Tweets on his twitter linked above and quoted above.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
And this is typical of Trump supporters.

A graphic apparently generated immediately after Trump's tweets by someone who can't possibly know what's going on which uses a swastika to represent the Republican Party:

LINK.

Any wonder the GOP establishment is pissed off? No one else to blame but themselves, of course. Pretty funny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join