It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC disqualifying first time voters in VA?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just read that the RNC is choosing to disqualify first time voters in VA and also seting a time limit (approaching) to be registered as a Republican (a date that many will miss). This seems amazing to me, it is no different from taking the right to vite away from Amercian citizens. How can this be allowed to happen. Are we to expect more of this as polling dates draw close, a rigged voting turnout to skew the results to the establishment?

This seems like a pretty brazen ploy to corrput the elections.

I would have thought that the people of the US could challenge the decision to exclude first time voters?
edit on 27/12/2015 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Just read that the RNC is choosing to disqualify first time voters in VA and also seting a time limit (approaching) to be registered as a Republican (a date that many will miss). This seems amazing to me, it is no different from taking the right to vite away from Amercian citizens. How can this be allowed to happen. Are we to expect more of this as polling dates draw close, a rigged voting turnout to skew the results to the establishment?

This seems like a pretty brazen ploy to corrput the elections.

I would have thought that the people of the US could challenge the decision to exclude first time voters?

Where did you read it, got a link?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Since it's a primary election for the party's candidate they can pretty much do whatever they want. Just another control mechanism for getting only pre-determined puppets on the general election ballot.

Both parties do this type of thing.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Methinks you're either making this up or were sold a bridge by somebody.

You don't have to register by party in Virginia. And when I tried to find a source for republicans disqualifying first time voters, your thread was the third result that came up. Literally no other source makes this claim. The closest I found was that the GOP wants voters to sign an oath stating they're a republican before they cast a ballot in the primary.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I can't find the news article - I read it on Trumps twitter feed...

twitter.com...

He has since followed it up with a more definite statement that they ARE excluding first time voters...

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Methinks you're either making this up or were sold a bridge by somebody.

You don't have to register by party in Virginia. And when I tried to find a source for republicans disqualifying first time voters, your thread was the third result that came up. Literally no other source makes this claim. The closest I found was that the GOP wants voters to sign an oath stating they're a republican before they cast a ballot in the primary.

Check Trumps Twitter feed... at the very least he is spooked by something happening today...

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

My professor mentioned that not too many people voted at this era and how it is very sad. Well my reasons are there is corruption on the voting process and plus our candidates are nothing more than puppets.
edit on 12/27/2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I did check it. And I also checked the state GOP statement. It's not happening today, it happened in September. Voters have till March, which is just before the primary, to sign the oath. The whole point behind the oath is to keep democrats from voting in the GOP primary. Both parties are allowed to do this by law in the state.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I did check it. And I also checked the state GOP statement. It's not happening today, it happened in September. Voters have till March, which is just before the primary, to sign the oath. The whole point behind the oath is to keep democrats from voting in the GOP primary. Both parties are allowed to do this by law in the state.

You obviously havent checked it at all, because Trump is posting about it TODAY. Doesn't take much to just check it, but I guess in your reality Trump is not talking about it at all or he is deluded - after all how could he possibly know more about the RNC on a day to day basis than you.

In case you still cant be bothered to read what is happening TODAY, his tweets:

2hrs ago: It begins, Republican Party of Virginia, controlled by the RNC, is working hard to disallow independent, unaffiliated and new voters. BAD!

2hrs ago: R.P.Virginia has lost statewide 7 times in a row. Will now not allow desperately needed new voters. Suicidal mistake. RNC MUST ACT NOW!

2hrs ago ; The voters the Republican Party of Virginia are excluding will doom any chance of victory. The Dems LOVE IT! Be smart and win for a change!

1hr ago : Straighten out The Republican Party of Virginia before it is too late. Stupid! RNC

4 tweets in the last 2hrs.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Lol oh my god you've got your panties in a twist don't you?

Yes. Trump tweeted about it today.

And the state board of elections ruled that the GOP could do this way back in September.

Comprehension is a lovely thing

Since you don't want to do any research besides riding Trump's Twitter nuts, here's an article detailing how this whole move is from 2014. Complete with a picture of Trump signing the pledge. But now suddenly it's a problem because he's not an establishment candidate. Oh, and the article is from over a month ago.

theconservativetreehouse.com...
edit on 27-12-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The closest I found was that the GOP wants voters to sign an oath stating they're a republican before they cast a ballot in the primary.

Like this will stop Democrats from voting in the primaries. Who thinks up this stupid crap?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Lol oh my god you've got your panties in a twist don't you?

Yes. Trump tweeted about it today.

And the state board of elections ruled that the GOP could do this way back in September.

Comprehension is a lovely thing

haha - no mate, Trump is saying this today. As I said , maybe he just doesn't get informed of these things and you know better.

Here is the real world I would like to welcome you to : Trump is saying that the RNC in VA are excluding first time voters, not that they could do it , but they are doing it. Perhaps in your reality he has just read something from September and hasn't checked what they are doing? Maybe he should call you to get a steer on the rules.

I understand your embarassment at assuming I was making something up but don't dig yourself any deeper.

oh, and since YOU do not want to admit you were wrong to say I was making it up based on Twitter 'nuts' - its TRUMPS OWN FEED! You seem to be excellent at jumping off the deep end and not doing any checking. Poor form.

Your month old link seems unrelated to a DONALD TRUMP posting about this on his own twitter feed TODAY.

Fact is fact , it's TRUMP himself breaking this today. I think I am on fairly safe ground to assume that something has happened to get him to tweet 4 times in an hr.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
They're trying to discourage Democrats from screwing things up.

The benefits of this statement are twofold. First, this Statement provides us with a huge opportunity to collect data. As you will notice there is an optional line for email addresses. A similar process was used in the 10th Congressional District canvass in 2014, it yielded over 9,000 email addresses that instantly benefited not only our Party but also our nominee. The statement has the potential to add tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of email addresses for the Party and our nominee.

Second, while that Statement if very broadly construed, it will hopefully deter Democrats from participating in our primary process. Without party registration, preventing Democrats from voting in a state run primary is nearly impossible. Given the critical nature of the 2016 elections, it is imperative to ensure every measure is taken to ensure Republican voters select our Republican nominee and I agree.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

edit on Dec-27-2015 by xuenchen because: ... --- ...

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Trump saying it today doesn't mean a damn thing other than he's just now decided to tweet about it. It's old news. I know you're upset seeing as your claim that one has to register as a republican in the state is patently false, and that this "just happened" is patently false, but that doesn't change facts. I used to live in Virginia so I'm pretty damn sure I know more about how you register to vote there than either you or Trump.

Regardless of when Trump decided to tweet about it, it happened a while ago. Not my fault and not the GOP's fault he's just now decided to blow up Twitter over old news. Trump isn't "breaking" anything. He's tweeting. And you still can't even point to what exactly it is that he's breaking, can you? All you have is tweets referring to something that happened previously.

Haha, mate.

edit on 27-12-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Trump saying it today doesn't mean a damn thing other than he's just now decided to tweet about it. It's old news. I know you're upset seeing as your claim that one has to register as a republican in the state is patently false, and that this "just happened" is patently false, but that doesn't change facts.

Regardless of when Trump decided to tweet about it, it happened a while ago. Not my fault and not the GOP's fault he's just now decided to blow up Twitter over old news.

Haha, mate.

Actually I didnt talk about any rule being applied 'just happening' today. Please re-read (checking and reading is clearly not your strong point, so i will let you off).

As for Trump talking about it, yes I said it is today. That is because, guess what, it IS today

If you want to believe that he only just decided to tweet about having known about it for 3 months, thats up to you - and I am not saying you are wrong, I just dont agree with you.

What we know is that Trump is talking about it today - four times in fact. I READ it today, hence asking the question. Can you spot the give away in the thread title that frames this thread as a question? Or did you just jump off the deep end with accusations?

So, regardless of your attacks, the facts remain - It is TRUMP making an issue of this today and I am legitimately referencing it. To call it old news when Trump is raising it today is rather foolish and needlessly confrontational.

How would you know whether something has happened today in Trumps world... shock horror - even something different that what you already know. I know you might think it a stretch that something in this world could happen without your knowledge, but it just might have.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's true, the RNC changed voting rules in VA, clearly with the intent to prevent Trump from being nominated. The RNC is working to limit the voting pool in such a way as to damage Trump's chances at getting the nomination. So no independents, no unaffiliated, and no first time voters allowed. Essentially eliminating a broad swath of Trump support in favor of the establishment voters, the "GOPe".

Leaked Documents Reveal – Virginia GOPe Follow Through On Republican Voting Oath Plan…

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Cute how you keep banging that drum on reading comprehension. I just said Trump tweeted about it today. What the actual # difference does that make? None. He can tweet about whatever he wants whenever he wants. Which makes zero difference to when something actually happened.

You've now descended into nothing but petty personal attacks after having your OP thoroughly disproven on every point other than Donald Trump got on Twitter today, which is a point that I'm happy to agree with you on. Since you appear to need to have the last word so your quest to be "right" is fulfilled, I'll do that for ya now.

Happy holidays

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Just read that the RNC is choosing to disqualify first time voters in VA and also seting a time limit (approaching) to be registered as a Republican (a date that many will miss).

Jeez. If you're relying on tweets from Donald "Little Schlong" Trump for your information you're in big trouble from the get go.

There's no such thing as registering as a Republican in Virginia. Any registered voter can vote in either or both primaries. The Republicans have been dicking around with a loyalty pledge for years (they had one in 2000) where you have to double dutch swear you'll vote for the Republican in the fall no matter what but obviously there's no way to enforce that.
edit on 27-12-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

This seems amazing to me, it is no different from taking the right to vite away from Amercian citizens. How can this be allowed to happen.

I assume you vote in UK elections. When was the last time you had the chance to vote on who the Conservative or Labour candidate was going to be? That's what these "primary elections" are about. It isn't actually an essential feature of democracy, and there is no reason why the relevant parties should not have some control over the process.
You may be getting confused with the election proper, where the voters choose between the different parties. That is a different matter altogether.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
It's true, the RNC changed voting rules in VA, clearly with the intent to prevent Trump from being nominated. The RNC is working to limit the voting pool in such a way as to damage Trump's chances at getting the nomination. So no independents, no unaffiliated, and no first time voters allowed. Essentially eliminating a broad swath of Trump support in favor of the establishment voters, the "GOPe".

Leaked Documents Reveal – Virginia GOPe Follow Through On Republican Voting Oath Plan…

This is BS.

ANYONE who is registered to vote in Virginia can vote in the Republican primary and there is nothing the GOP can do about it other than make people sign a "loyalty" pledge they have no way of enforcing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join