It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Thermonuclear Explosion on MARS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Indeed! I agree that an ancient civilization similar to ours on Mars would be an absolutely mind blowing revelation.

I do think some type of life once existed there, perhaps even still in the poles and pockets of regular flowing water.

Either way, the planet under went a great transformation. Judging by the cratering, my guess is somewhere between 200million - 1 billion years ago that it lost its water bodies.

Youll notice that the planets and moons that were hit during the early heavy bombardment period, that lacked water or eroding qualities, are covered in craters.

While Mars does have significant cratering, it would seem to be substantially less than those who still show their heavy bombardment features.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... this makes more sense than anything I've heard so far

a reply to: BlackProject

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bottleslingguy

this makes more sense than anything I've heard so far

Well then. That's good enough for me. And since you can't be bothered to say anything else about it, neither will I.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Star Wars is included in the library of congress if that means anything.

It doesn't. Two copies of every book copyrighted in the US are sent to LC. They don't keep them all, but the fact is LC has a very large collection of fiction. Surely you are not claiming inclusion in the LC collection lends any book an aura of legitimacy.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Here's a Thread I made on this same topic several years ago. Ancient nuclear detonation on Mars?

My source link in that thread seems to have died since then.

The consensus was that a meteor or something may have struck a large deposit of uranium. It's a feasible explanation that could occur in nature.

Or it could be parts to a remnant from a supernova, the same one that seeded our Sun into existence. I don't think we have ever detected an asteroid made of uranium, but we have found ones full of gold and platinum.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Well then. That's good enough for me. And since you can't be bothered to say anything else about it, neither will I.

did you watch it?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

No.
Can you give us hint as to what it's about? That's sort of common courtesy, as well as being sort of a requirement.

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12/27/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
So Astoria was once a planet at war with Mars, but it got blown to bits by nukes and Mars was ruined in the process, so they escaped to Earth....gotcha.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox
Astoria, Oregon?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Astor-oids

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
www.youtube.com... this makes more sense than anything I've heard so far

The letters and numbers in a YouTube link make more sense than anything you've heard so far? How insightful!

Why do so many people think slapping a YouTube link in an otherwise empty post is useful in any way? Would anyone even bother to follow the link?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

example of pseudo-science...

Black and white photo for an avatar - you are not real, you are a bot - therefore we ignore you're minimalist input

hehe

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

a large percentage of facts known now will be proven false in 10 years from now when science progresses, I would stop with the 'real science' comment.

Thats the point that eludes the "show me pics or it didnt happen" crowd.

Well said!

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Possible evidence of prehistoric nuclear war in our own backyards?

www.freerepublic.com...

In 1947, in the Euphrates valley of southern Iraq, where certain traditions place the Garden of Eden and where the ancient inhabitants of Sumer encountered the man-god Ea, exploratory digging unearthed a layer of fused, green glass. Archaeologists could not restrain themselves from noting the resemblance that the several-thousand-year-old fused glass bore to the desert floor at White Sands, New Mexico, after the first nuclear blasts in modem times had melted sand and rock. In the United States, the Mohave Desert has large circular or polygonal areas that are coated with a hard substance very much like opaque glass. While exploring Death Valley in 1850, William Walker claimed to have come upon the ruins of an ancient city. An end of the large building within the rubble had had its stones melted and vitrified. Walker went on to state that the entire region between the Gila and St. John rivers was spotted with ruins. In each of the ancient settlements he had found evidence that they had been burned out by fire intense enough to have liquefied rock. Paving blocks and stone houses had been split with huge cracks, as if seared by some gigantic cleaver of fire. Perhaps even more than the large areas of fused green glass, I am intrigued by the evidence of vitrified cities and forts, such as those discovered by Walker. There are ancient hill forts and towers in Scotland, Ireland, and England in which the stoneworks have become calcined because of the great heat that had been applied. There is no way that lightning could have caused such effects. Other hill forts from the Lofoten Islands off northern Norway to the Canary Islands off northwest Africa have become “fused forts.” Erich A. von Fange comments that the “piled boulders of their circular walls have been turned to glass… by some intense heat.” Catal Huyukin in north-central Turkey, thought to be one of the oldest cities in the world, appears, according to archaeological evidence, to have been fully civilized and then, suddenly, to have died out. Archaeologists were astonished to find thick layers of burned brick at one of the levels, called VIa. The blocks had been fused together by such intense heat that the effects had penetrated to a depth more than a meter below the level of the floors, where it carbonized the earth, the skeletal remains of the dead, and the burial gifts that had been interred with them. All bacterial decay had been halted by the tremendous heat.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Electric Universe ?
How about something with a little scientific credibility , an ancient natural Nuclear Reactor has been found on Earth why not on Mars ?

In May 1972 in a uranium enrichment plant in France, scientists examining ore from a mine in Gabon, West Africa, discovered that a natural nuclear reactor had spontaneously manifested in that region in the Earth’s primordial past, churning out approximately 100 Kw worth of energy continuously for a few hundred thousand years about 1.7 billion years ago.

In order to understand how the natural nuclear reactor came about, it helps to understand a little of the history and science of nuclear reactions.
www.todayifoundout.com...

John E. Brandenburg originally believed the reactors on Mars were natural until 2012 when Cydonia and Aliens were added to the mix.

Analyzing data from the 2001 Mars Odyssey orbiter, which carried a gamma ray spectrometer, Brandenburg observed a local concentration of radioactive uranium, thorium and potassium in two specific areas on Mars. His first idea was that there was at least one natural nuclear reactor on Mars, analogous to the one discovered in Gabon in 1972. At the 2011 Lunar and Planetary Science Conference he published a poster on these findings.

Later, he proposed that the elevated ratio of 129Xenon to 132Xenon in the atmosphere of Mars could only be explained as the aftersignature of a nuclear weapon. He suggests that massive explosions occurred in in Mare Acidalium at approximately 50°N 30°W,near Cydonia Mensa and in Utopia Planum at approximately 50°N 120°W near Galaxias Chaos, claiming they are both locations of possible archaeological artifacts.
rationalwiki.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No.
Can you give us hint as to what it's about? That's sort of common courtesy, as well as being sort of a requirement.

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

well my point was that the content of the video makes an overall airtight case for features we find on Mars. I really wouldn't do it justice and you'll just nit pick some minute detail as if you've debunked the whole thing and then start making fun of everything you can't figure out. I'm used to your MO so we can just cut to the chase. The content of the video explains details that NASA has no clue about (and admits it). I don't care if you watch it or not, but the brave might venture out and have their eyes opened so I threw it out there. squeeze yer eyes tighter lol
edit on 28-12-2015 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
"more scientific credibility" you live in lala land my friend or haven't studied any of it. the foundations are built on solid ground that even Shermer can't argue with so I don't know what yer smoking buddy and it ain't doin you any good with yer own credibility. Just like Phage pullin his usual b.s. diversion tactics to get off the point. The theory clearly explains how Valles Marinara and Olympus Mons were formed and it also explains how Mars rocks can be blasted all the way to Earth. Do you deny we've found Mars rocks on Earth?

a reply to: gortex

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Do you deny we've found Mars rocks on Earth?

No , I don't deny that life may have started on Mars and transferred to Earth via those rocks either , I do however deny that Electric Universe theory had anything to do with anything.

I provided scientific evidence of a natural reactor on Earth that may be comparable to what Brandenburg discovered to counter your Electric Universe and I'm the one with a credibility problem ?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
right, as if you've singlehandedly debunked the whole theory just by announcing it! lol nice try

I never said anything about life starting on Mars. where the hell did THAT come from? again lol but this time bad try.

yer not even close to presenting anything remotely comparable to what's in EUT

a reply to: gortex

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: spirit_horse

Possible evidence of prehistoric nuclear war in our own backyards?

www.freerepublic.com...

Oh dear here we go again let's ignore the simple bleedin obvious and go for the way out there smoking dope explanation!

Those vitrified forts were built during the iron age. The vitrification occurs at around 1100c which is well within the temperatures of forges needed for iron (1300c). Now back then there were forges wherever there were people so unless you are going to insult your ancestors it is highly likely that they observed what happens to rocks in the forges and buildings when heat is applied. Hey presto observation to vitrified fort. Just because we do not know the exact method does not mean we have to invent nukes for freaks sake. Oh by the way nukes leave measurable radioactive decay products which we can measure thousands of years later. We can cross reference the different isotopes and thus determine when the explosion occured. A similar method is used for carbon dating where the "explosion" is the irradiation of nitrogen in the upper atmosphere by the "nuke" we call the sun. These carbon isotopes are then consumed by living organisms and when they die the isotopes decay. Hey presto we know how old the animal is. It's called science. So we really do know how to measure when a nuke exploded!!!!!!!

Do you know we have museums full of wooden tools made a mere 150 years ago and we haven't a fricking clue what they are for because the people who used them are all dead and the use was never documented. Now obviously the tool was replaced with a newer better one but which one? Do we invent aliens for these mystery tools or some forgotten civilisation? No of course not. Some things remain a mystery locked in the brains of our ancestors, like the method of vitrifying stone walls.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join