It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2x UFOs spotted by my wife and I (video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Betelguese

If only I had a better camera with me at the time, the iPhone really didn't pick it up as well as I had hoped

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Not at all close, we are in NZ. Glad I'm not the only one "seeing things" haha

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I didn't know you did Balloon fights , that's illegal did you know ?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Huh?
I took a hot air balloon flight once. That was entirely legal (and cool).
Other than that, I don't get it.

edit on 12/27/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Ok, I have nothing else to do today so I was going through a couple of still shots i took after the video. They were taken with a DSLR camera.

This one gives an idea of the shape i was talking about, still looked better IRL though.. I dunno people are still gonna tell me im crazy and they are balloons but im pretty sure they weren't..

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Twenny

I dunno people are still gonna tell me im crazy and they are balloons but im pretty sure they weren't.

Has anyone told you that you're crazy?

I've posted this before because it's a good demonstration of how easily our brains can fool us.

While walking down to the beach one fine summer day I came upon a group of people looking up with their hands shading their eyes from the Sun and pointing at the sky. I looked up but couldn't see anything. As I got closer to them I could hear comments; "It's huge!", "Look how fast it's going!"

Really curious now, I asked what they were looking at. One of them said, "It's a UFO. Look, right there." I looked. I saw. A black toy balloon about 10" in diameter and maybe 100' in the air, drifting with the wind.

An object isolated in the sky, with no points of reference, can fool the eye. The observers had made the assumption that this was a very large object. Going from that assumption, because it looked so small, it must be very high in the sky. From there, its motion must be very fast instead of just drifting with the wind, the way balloons do. As a group, they had come to the wrong conclusion about what they were looking at. Their excited chatter feeding the illusion.

I said, "Um, I think it's a balloon." There was an immediate, "Yeah, right. Look how big it is." But then there were some abashed giggles as the observers' perspective changed. The group dispersed as the balloon passed under a cloud, making it obvious what was being seen.

edit on 12/27/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Not on here actually, just a couple people that I showed the video to yesterday.. To be fair they're not really into this kind of thing

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Twenny

Not on here actually,

Good to hear. Please see my edit for more.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yep just read it, I definitely get what you're saying

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Yes, I'm glad you edited it too.

Great example Phage. May not always be the case, but our brains can be fooled quite easily.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
...and 'me'.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Yes... I know... I don't even know why I wrote that

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Very cool to see, no matter if it's terrestrial or not. I find it fascinating how our eyes can fool our brains and manipulate it into seeing something for other than what it is. Thus the reason people are so into optical illusions and how two people can see completely different things when looking at them.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Menrva

I agree. Life would be very boring otherwise!

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Never mind , it just looked as if those balloons were fighting eachother like they do with dogs , it just had this funny appearance.

I never had a balloon flight , but I did fly a ultralight plane in Croatia in 1995 they almost shot us down lol

edit on 0b52America/ChicagoMon, 28 Dec 2015 16:32:52 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 28 Dec 2015 16:32:52 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join