It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

44% of Democrats Welcome Refugees from Agrabah

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Would that be on average?

Bell curve

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Who cares if its a made up place. The question really is "would you accept refuges from this nation of people not like you?"

The answer should be yes. So I'm disappointed it's only 44 percent from these dems.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: plaindoughnut

Who cares if its a made up place. The question really is "would you accept refuges from this nation of people not like you?"

The answer should be yes. So I'm disappointed it's only 44 percent from these dems.

Hmm. Care to back up and question your own response ? So , you would have this country accept people from an unknown country ? Why ?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

So , you would have this country accept people from an unknown country ? Why ?

Because they are people.

You would reject refugees based only on the fact that they come from a certain country? Which country? Why?

edit on 12/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
As long as they come through the Immigration department legally. With background checks. Oh , I forgot the great words of the Democratic Party Chair. Those Republicans still believe illegal is against the law (to paraphrase) .This was in speaking of illegal immigration. And this person still heads the DNC ??? a laugh a minute...

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

As long as they come through the Immigration department legally. With background checks.
Yes. That is how refugees enter the country.

Those Republicans still believe illegal is against the law (to paraphrase)
Perhaps you could be good enough to provide the actual quote. In context?

This was in speaking of illegal immigration.
What does that have to do with the topic?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Some people are acutely aware of the shifting demographics, and the America they know will no longer looked like what they knew, given acts of terrorism feeds a xenophobic mindset.
I was just given a Fb link about a lady yelling and cursing at some Brazilian young men making a Youtube vid because she thought them Meddle eastern,

A racist woman mistakes two Brazilians as Terrorists. While filming a YouTube comedy skit in front of a local airport, a racist woman stopped her vehicle on the side of the road and started calling my friend and I terrorists. Being that I'm an aspiring filmmaker, I pulled out my camera and started recording the incident. I served the U.S Air Force and I honestly never thought this would happen to me. It's disgusting how ignorant and blind people are nowadays. People like her need to be shunned out of society, because that's the mentality that keeps us from progressing. SHARE this, we need this negativity shunned!

I don't think I can post this without violating ATS rules but if you are interested
Go and Youtube this, Racist Woman Calling Us Terrorists
I have never seen folks so unhinged .
edit on 24-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Well after all the bombing and carnage that's been going on there since the overthrow by Jafar, I'm not surprised. We should support Prince Ali as the legitimate government there and recognize him. We need to arm his warriors and at the very least supply air cover and a no fly zone against the carpet homing by Jafar against the innocent citizens there.

All this and the other survey proves is that good chunks of both parties are morons and shouldn't be allowed to vote. Like that's shocking news.
edit on 25-12-2015 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

It's a funny story indeed, especially when you hear one that has democrats saying they would encourage refugees incoming, but then if you had a surprise instance as a test for their statement of support for these refugees coming in, and then had them show up at these same democrat homes, and introduced them to the democrat homeowner that they must host a family of refugees for a period of time to show that same support, you would see them all turned away. Like those who make donations to charities and make sure people see them doing it, but only doing it to make themselves look good to their peers.

And rather than stand up and admit these shortcomings, they will loudly exclaim that those on the right do it too, and continue on doing the same thing without self examination or remorse, only thinking of their opponents on the right. Like how bad Bush was and no one complained then who supported Bush, even though that is far from true. The truth laid so bare, it feels like wearing fig leaves in Times Square on a Monday regular business day.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This is hilarious. The right's support of bombing Agrabah and the left's support of accepting Agrabahni refugees just goes to show how daft most on both sides of the aisle really are. Not sure if OP is aware this poll was a response to a progressive media outlet's poll involving the same fictitious land....

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

just have to ask - who pays for airstrikes ?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Why does it NOT surprise me that the focus of your OP is to paint the 44% who welcome refugees as odd or dissfunctional while not offering so much as a whisper regarding the 30% who would bomb a country because it's name sounds middle eastern?

Are you really so far gone that you actually believe our problem lies with the 44% who would take in refugees, or are you just trolling?

The 30% who would bomb the country are COWARDS!

Blinded by hatred, motivated by ignorance & fear and well represented in modern day politics by the likes of Donald Trump and Ted Cruz.

We have a problem alright and it's big, but it's not the 44% who would help others in need that pose it.

edit on 25-12-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
three out of ten republicans, and two out of ten democrats, wanted to bomb Agribah. That is not that big of a difference.
edit on 25-12-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
three out of ten republicans, and two out of ten democrats, wanted to bomb Agribah. That is not that big of a difference.

While it may not be "big," it isn't small either. It amounts to 1/3 or 33% fewer than the republicans polled with the same question.

If we cut global CO2 emissions by 33%, that would be "big," right?

If we eliminate 33% of world hunger, that would be "big," right?

What is "big?"

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This proves that a lot of people are brainwashed or programmed to react to keywords,such as the word refugee.
They know nothing about the fictional people from agrabah but they are willing to let them into the country based on one word "refugee".

I think I just figured out how to end homelessness in America, stop labeling them as homeless and label them as refugees.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
This proves that a lot of people are brainwashed or programmed to react to keywords,such as the word refugee.
They know nothing about the fictional people from agrabah but they are willing to let them into the country based on one word "refugee".

I think I just figured out how to end homelessness in America, stop labeling them as homeless and label them as refugees.

Maybe it could have something to do with the fact that the words "homeless" and "refugees" have two entirely different definitions?

You might want to check out a dictionary.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: introvert
So what does this mean? The Democrats are more kind and Christian-like, even if the refugees are from a fictional land?

No it means...

Democrats are so desparate to find more people to give Taxpayer's hard earned income.

That inspite of nearly 20 Trillion in debt, Dems will make up people to give money to.

Not saying you're wrong but it sure ain't cheap to go across the world (or anywhere) and drop bombs.
Most Americans are on neither end of this extreme yet are the majority class ignored by Congress.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
We have a human problem. All over the world. I expect to see the miasma environment of the middle ages, instead of light. I know now why "Merry Christmas" has become an irritation instead of Hope.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

The problem is a lot of people are embarrassed about not knowing an answer to a particular question so they will go ahead and wing it, it takes a person with enough character to say..listen I do not know where Agrabah is and why should we bomb or accept them as refugees. everyone wants to give a good answer, point is if I don't know what's being said I will ask , at the very least I may learn something new.
edit on 25-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think that just the notion of polling people about their stances on phony Disneyland immigration and then analyzing the response so thoroughly is pretty loudly indicative that the human race has got real issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join