It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

44% of Democrats Welcome Refugees from Agrabah

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's too bad there are no statistics for those who may have said "What? Where? Who?" or just hung up the phone. It really is a silly poll.

I wonder if the results would have been different of they had used Dagobah instead. Sounds Arab enough, I suppose.

edit on 12/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Sounds like another great topic to discuss on ATS... Jeez I need to get off this website & get a life...

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Spider879

So can Asians name North American States and Canadian Provinces? To be fair, all those subjects aren't really useful unless you really like trivia or have personal interest.

I'm curious to see the same type of question asked in other countries

That's a fair question, but it does seem the theme of this thread was from a foreign source, while some cupid stunt wanted to make it a political leveling of some kind er,....I think!
edit on 24-12-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
It's too bad there are no statistics for those who may have said "What? Where? Who?" or just hung up the phone. It really is a silly poll.

I wonder if the results would have been different of they had used Dagobah instead. Sounds Arab enough, I suppose.

Naaw still too foreign.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You know, I never thought about the first Star Wars movie...they say something about the cantina being the place to find the worst kinds of people...then you have the "sand crawlers" and the "tusken raiders" who live in the desert wearing clothing that hides their faces.

Was Mos Eisley supposed to represent the Middle East?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I think the clothing is dictated by the environment.

We could also go into the comparisons between melange spice and oil, but that's another story.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
My biggest problem is when high officials turned out to be equally ignorant, that's how wars can start, when you can't properly identify your enemies and friends on a map, or their political or religious point of view.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I get that 30% of republicans and 44% of democrats are simply stupid.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle
I guess you would agree then, that 50% of Trump supporters are stupid. Since 41% of them would bomb Agrabah and 9% wouldn't.

Or maybe you are just reading something into the poll that isnt' there.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
So this poll finds that a third of the U.S. population suck at Middle Eastern geography?

Great.
Stop the presses.

I think if anything, that is probably the take-away message from these two polls...

I think so.

I mean of course it's disheartening to see hearts bleeding for imaginary refugees when real people are suffering...

I find it equally disgusting people would bomb a place they've clearly no knowledge about too...

But all it does is highlight geographical shortcomings.

And honestly if I didn't love Aladdin, I doubt I'd have asked if it was a real place.
However, I probably would be inclined to ask about the geo-political standings of such a place before saying flood the borders or duke nukem.

Ahhh I always hated geography, even British.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
In love with the shadow of imagery and willing to defend it to the death.

Facts with a court of law proof requirement is a bump in the road to the image they love to dwell within.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
So what does this mean? The Democrats are more kind and Christian-like, even if the refugees are from a fictional land?

It means 56% are smart,,,

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Would that be on average?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Originality, you have absolutely no clue do you? Not even a bit. Wow!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It`s scary that americans want to either kill the fictional people of agrabah or allow them to enter the country, without knowing ANYTHING about them.

maybe the fictional people of agrabah are demons that steal and eat babies?

The people who answered that poll are very gullible and easily manipulated.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: bobs_uruncle
I guess you would agree then, that 50% of Trump supporters are stupid. Since 41% of them would bomb Agrabah and 9% wouldn't.

Or maybe you are just reading something into the poll that isnt' there.

I would generally go with about 10% real stupidity, 20% apathy, 58% wilful ignorance or stupidity and maybe 12% critical thinkers across the non-mentally challenged population. Percentages would change obviously if we included the mentally challenged. I think the psychopaths that exist in politics and international banking take up less than 1%.

It doesn't matter what the political affiliation, any number of people that wish to label themselves within a group-think structure will always spawn all manner of followers, including thinkers, non-thinkers and dellusionals.

Personally, I'd like to see Trump get in, just to create a solution, good or bad. The waffling and BS within the present corporatocracy has got to stop at some point or become so bad that it forces real change.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

You could also say it is amazingly disingenuous of the American media to falsely create a story, I suppose that could also be true. Here is the thing, if I choose a victim I know to be weaker, to make them look bad, am I not even more guilty? As a bully? I don't like the way these things are heading to be honest, they all smell of propaganda and it is not nice.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
New zealand? I still haven't seen the old one! a reply to: Phage

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The "Republican pollster" is fairly well-known for finding data to support whatever their Republican customers want to find.

Wilson Perkins Allen Opinion Research
edit on 24-12-2015 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Sadly, the sequels weren't that good...They used a Robin Williams impersonator for the Genie's voice. It was pretty cringe-worthy....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join