It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenyan Muslims shield Christians in Mandera bus attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
www.bbc.com...

A group of Kenyan Muslims travelling on a bus ambushed by Islamist gunmen protected Christian passengers by refusing to be split into groups, according to eyewitnesses. They told the militants "to kill them together or leave them alone", a local governor told Kenyan media.

Al-Shaba is targeting and killing Christians in Africa but Muslims stood against these terrorists and protected the Christians. Because the Muslims refused to leave the sides of the Christians the terrorists left frustrated, even though two people were killed.

So there's a big difference between African Islamic terrorism and Middle Eastern Islamic terrorism. ISIS kills everyone, Muslim, Christian, Kurd, etc, but al-Shabab refuses to kill their own. Very interesting.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Thank you for posting this, news has been quite depressing lately this has a good example what is it to be part of humanity. There is still hope in this World ! Merry coming Holidays !

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.bbc.com...

A group of Kenyan Muslims travelling on a bus ambushed by Islamist gunmen protected Christian passengers by refusing to be split into groups, according to eyewitnesses. They told the militants "to kill them together or leave them alone", a local governor told Kenyan media.

Al-Shaba is targeting and killing Christians in Africa but Muslims stood against these terrorists and protected the Christians. Because the Muslims refused to leave the sides of the Christians the terrorists left frustrated, even though two people were killed.

So there's a big difference between African Islamic terrorism and Middle Eastern Islamic terrorism. ISIS kills everyone, Muslim, Christian, Kurd, etc, but al-Shabab refuses to kill their own. Very interesting.

Good on them!
I hope to hear more stories like this.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
We are all humans, regardless of spiritual belief.

It's a screwed up world, the one we live in, but when you read stories like this, there is hope people.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

This thread should've got 100 flags and 100 stars.

See, this is bad news for the conservatives.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

www.bbc.com...

I personally think it depends on the individuals involved.
ISIS don't kill everybody either. Doesn't mean they are not brutal terrorists.

It's a nice story because a few lives were saved but African Terrorists are just as bad or worse than Middle Eastern terrorists.

This group of people got lucky.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

This is what you call a petty distinction.

I can't get over the need for apologists like you to try and justify the actions of murderers. Here we have murderers that you think are better than the other murderers simply because they don't kill their own people.

I doubt their dead victims see much of a difference.

#facepalm

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

No, ISIS kills everyone but like any group sometimes you're given the option to convert. Usually they just murder you.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Perhaps your grasp of English is different than mine. I don't see anywhere in that quote or in Swills' post where he said that one group of terrorists were better than another or that he was justifying the actions of terrorists. All I see is him highlighting a rather stark difference in ideology among the two groups of extremists.

Maybe check your hyperbole at the door next time?
edit on 21-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What are you talking about? I'm a terrorist apologist? Why is that? Whose justifying their actions? I'm merely pointing out the obvious along with reporting the news.

Why so angry? Is it because you want all Muslims to be bigots and murderers?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If you don't wanna kill Muslims, you're a terrorist sympathiser.

I say well, I am not in a position to do anything about the terrorists, but my Government is and they support regimes that sponsor these terrorists. You really couldn't make it up.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Not really that big a difference. Al-shabaab will quite readily kill other Muslims if it suits them to do so. They've also desecrated mosques and Muslim graves, because they had a different interpretation of Islam than their targets did. They also routinely extort pirates, many of whom are Muslims, as well as trying to control NGOs and food in their area of operations. Al-Shabaab loves a good, harsh enforcement of sharia law as much as anybody else.

All that being said, al-Shabaab has had their ass handed to them the last couple of years and had significant numbers of senior leadership defect to other groups, or even defect to the government.

So let's not jump on this one instance of them not offing other Muslims as somehow indicative of their unwillingness to do so all the time. They are affiliated with al-Qaeda, who were also not as willing to kill Muslims as ISIL is. But that should not be interpreted as they're not willing to do so, period.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I suppose they're Sunni if they're affiliated with Al Qaeda and I'm sure they've killed Shia Muslims. I wonder if the Muslims on the bus were Sunni.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
A beautiful and very brave (is there a difference?) Sentiment comes from a terrible situation. More of this please world in general, more of this please.
I do disagree with the premise that the terror group not killing their own is somehow a plus for them...it seems to be much more a plus about the humanity of those who put their lives on the line to show equality to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I'm not saying terrorists not killing Muslims is a plus, that was just an interesting observation. The plus are the Muslims protecting the Christians with their own lives.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Jonjonj

I'm not saying terrorists not killing Muslims is a plus, that was just an interesting observation. The plus are the Muslims protecting the Christians with their own lives.

Yea, THAT angle we can definitely agree on. It's always impressive to see that gap crossed, whether it's Muslims protecting Christians or vice versa or any other two religions. Speaks volumes about those people who were willing to toe the line, and likely did so armed with little more than their faith.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I absolutely agree. We need this on all sides. Here is a Christmas wish. All religions show the rest of us non religious types the meaning of love and understanding and see where we go from there.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This is what you call a petty distinction.

I can't get over the need for apologists like you to try and justify the actions of murderers. Here we have murderers that you think are better than the other murderers simply because they don't kill their own people.

I doubt their dead victims see much of a difference.

#facepalm

I get where you are coming from, really do. Let's take the positive. Some wonderful people chose to use what influence they had to save some other people from death. Let's focus on that.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Awesome post!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

If you don't wanna kill Muslims, you're a terrorist sympathiser.
.....................................................................................

Is this statement sarcasm or sophomoric ignorance ? Inquiring minds want to know . Cheers : )

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join