It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch town riots over asylum centre plan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

what other option do they have? enlighten us.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm from over there, I also think that they overreacting, it's more that people who don't have a job or housing are afraid they have to stand in line to get some.

Our unaploiment rates are high but in a better shape as last year . And rental houses are also an issue for years now. Most natives have the feeling they lose this privilege because of the alien integration. . I say let's first see before we start to riot. .

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I'm from over there, I also think that they overreacting, it's more that people who don't have a job or housing are afraid they have to stand in line to get some.

Who is overreacting and doesn't have a job or housing? Those 2000 people there protesting? Why would you say dumb stuff like that?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Most natives have the feeling they lose this privilege because of the alien integration.

Just out of curiosity, do you think they have a legitimate fear?

Do you think they should have to stand in line while foreigners that are in their country looking for a better life are given that better life, while the citizen stands in line? Should the the natural citizen that has worked and paid into the system, have to stand by and watch the asylum seekers take what the citizen has paid for, when the asylum seekers have paid nothing and demand everything?

I hear many angry citizens in the US making the same valid complaint. That is why I knew it was just a matter of time before this madness came to a head.

It makes no sense what they are doing, unless their goal is to create a war between the have nots already in the country, and the have nots that they are flooding into the country. I still want to know why they are taking the bus down this path.

edit on 20-12-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Pathological altruism? Suicidal altruism? youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Just out of curiosity, do you think they have a legitimate fear?

Do you think they should have to stand in line while foreigners that are in their country looking for a better life are given that better life, while the citizen stands in line? Should the the natural citizen that has worked and paid into the system, have to stand by and watch the asylum seekers take what the citizen has paid for, when the asylum seekers have paid nothing and demand everything?

Well, lets go a little deeper here and play devils advocate... The "natural citizen" of said first world country already had there chance to succeed, if they have any reason to be standing in some line for a hand out, then obviously they relinquished there opportunity to live comfortably... So why not give someone else the opportunity to prosper economically? Since said naturalized first world citizen has clearly neglected the opportunity.

I don't know... I've both done it hard and done it easy. But I ain't about to violently lash out and blame some poor 3rd world immigrant, who's just looking for a better life for the hardships I've endured... I've only got myself to blame for that.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

My answer is no , but it's up to to the pollticians to create more jobs and housing so we wouldn't have to worry about those issues.

And it's turkey we have to criticize about refugee problems they open and close the borders whenever they feel like Europe doesn't admit there demands , like entering the EU and many other privileges .

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Good god... this is not about first or 3rd world or blaming immigrants for one's own personal life!
This is not deeper, this is as superficial as one can be.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

This is not about 'us and them', we're all human beings, no matter where we come from.
This is about integration, people that segregate themselves from our society due to their religion, that is why problems occur.
But there is also a limit to resources, Western Europe gave asylum to hundreds of thousands asylum seekers in the past decades, with the latest influx of millions of asylum seekers, the limit is reached.
The rest of the world simply does nothing, yes complaining against Europe.

It does make sense what Europe does, if your country is destroyed by real muslims who follow real islam, you'd want to seek a safe place to!
The whole world should take responsibility for the many who flee from violence and poverty, who have no future in their country, not just western Europe.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hi.

For our american neighbors. Crime and police corruption though existent is not as rampant in the Netherlands as in the USA. So be careful what you project onto these images.

Furthermore it is well known that many riots, have a small core of violent actors trying to incite the whole crowd towards violence. There have been death threats. Obstructions of democracy ect...... It is funny how people drop democracy as soon as they feel it does not serve their best interest and move onto violence..... I would advice them to go to the courts.

For those who believe that does not help, might I ask you to investigate the unbelievably successful lobby to minimize gas extraction in one of our northern provinces, due to fears of intensifying earthquakes doing damage to live and property. A very large operation with a lot of geopolitical force behind it, brought to its knees.

Furthermore to elaborate on the situation. The nether lands had very little problems as far as number of refugees go. We are easily absorbing any and all who are coming. Also the budget is made available to do this.

There are 2 main reasons why there is such an uproar.

Reason 1. People are using the new situation to give voice to old concerns of mismanagement across the board which sadly had hurt a lot of people, but these miss allocations and mismanagement of power, resources ect has its roots far before the new migrant flows. People have a hard time understanding why there is money for these refugees while some minorities in our societies perpetually suffer as citizens. It is understandable, but they lack the international view necessary to see why this is happening. There concerns are valid in many ways, except they use refugees as a scapegoat, and that is truly unfortunate, because it polarizes the population in so many ways, which will lead to even greater sorrows for these people.

Reason 2. Bad logistics and power abuse. Some very small towns and villages are faced with very large asylum and or refugee centers, which seems quite overwhelming and disproportionate. And is some cases it very much is. Even worse due to the urgency of the whole situation some officials are using extra ordinary powers to circumvent the democratic process, which is very very damaging to the society as a whole.

I would like to mention though that if not so many communities even the proportionally larger ones would be so stubborn about the building or in use taking of such facilities. The burden could have been spread much easier, with everybody suffering less. So if some would not be so unreasonable everybody would benefit. Our people is its own greatest enemy, be it by close mindedness or mismanagement. Sadly many desperate citizens blame the refugees.........

These refugees they are a reality, they will keep coming, and trying to send them away or to prevent them from coming is the same as saying F the EU, F the Shengen F free trade, F our neighboring states F the refugees. This kind of position will also hurt our economic prospects in the long run.

I personally see it as a human duty of compassion, but if you have to see it as evil. See the good care and processing of the refugees as the lesser of 2 evils.

PS. Its bad that politicians circumvent democracy, but is it not ironic that citizens will happily do the same if they feel threatened enough.

Kind Regards
edit on 21-12-2015 by GamleGamle because: Rewording. Extra Thoughts

edit on 21-12-2015 by GamleGamle because: Rewording

edit on 21-12-2015 by GamleGamle because: typo

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

OMG, somebodoy like you moderates here..............

Can anyone direct me to a place where I can file concern about this individual moderating anything anywhere?
I am bloody serieus.

Scratch that, I remember, your not allowed to moderate threads you respond in. Still scary, how did they chose you?

edit on 21-12-2015 by GamleGamle because: Extra thoughts.

edit on 21-12-2015 by GamleGamle because: Removing my kind regards, due to it being hypocritical it to hyppocritical to add

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: webstra

Serieusly, the police unions have been at it for years...... its highly likely a coincidence.

Kind Regards

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Our nations has for the most part embraced multiculturalism, it has its ups and downs for sure, but the Netherlands is a relative success. The international people mostly gravitate to the cities and the cultural integrity of the outlying rural areas stays preserved. The Netherlands has a very long history with integration, even though we have not always been successful all in all. This is something that is going to blow over for us. Our demographic has been becoming more dynamic every since 60s, we are still economically growing and all the institutions are still in place.

The only big thing now, is that large alien populations are artificially introduced in rural areas, This causes upheaval, but due to to the transient nature of the intensified migration flow. Things will settle down after a while. Truly, there are some genuine upright cases of injustice towards the local populace, but for the most part its xenophobic whining.

For anyones information. I am a full native dutch citizens as long as my family line has been recorded.

Kind Regards

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
The whole world should take responsibility for the many who flee from violence and poverty, who have no future in their country, not just western Europe.

Not that I agree with it in anyway, but us Aussies won't be taking responsibility any time soon.

We have something called offshore processing... Which is just another name for indefinite minimum security imprisonment on small islands outside of Australia for women, children and anyone else who would dare to come here claiming asylum in the so called "lucky country".

If it sounds brutal and insensitive, its because it bloody well is.

Apparently the Australian government have eliminated there responsibility...Looks like the western European government were to slow. The PTB in western Europe weren't quick enough to eliminate there responsibility and are now left holding the ball... Apparently.
edit on 21-12-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Well europe has done its fair share in destroying the Middle East & Africa. So causally something like this was to be expected.

Kind Regards

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: GamleGamle

Our nations has for the most part embraced multiculturalism,

No it has not. This is what the politically correct leftist scum wants pople to believe.

it has its ups and downs for sure, but the Netherlands is a relative success.

What ups? What succes?

The international people mostly gravitate to the cities and the cultural integrity of the outlying rural areas stays preserved.

What about the cultural integrity of the cities? Or is this a small price we have to pay?

This is something that is going to blow over for us. Our demographic has been becoming more dynamic every since 60s,

Not it is not going to blow over for us, in fact, in two generations we will start to become a minority in our own country.

we are still economically growing and all the institutions are still in place.

Our country is in dire straits and th welfare state is being torn down.

The only big thing now, is that large alien populations are artificially introduced in rural areas, This causes upheaval, but due to to the transient nature of the intensified migration flow. Things will settle down after a while.

So after losing the cities to to the immigrants now the rural areas are next. Things will only settle down if people accept that this has been pushed down their throats. Is that what you are suggesting they should do.

Truly, there are some genuine upright cases of injustice towards the local populace, but for the most part its xenophobic whining.

No it is absolute rightious and realistic concern for the future of our country. Did you notice that there is no money to take care of our elderly, or that 400,000 children are growing up in poverty. do you think their situation will improve when billions will go to these refugees? Are you not aware of their views towards women and their unwillingness to adapt to our society.

You are absolutely delusional. You are an enemy of the people.

I am a full native dutch citizens as long as my family line has been recorded.

You are a full blown traitor, exactly like the ones in power responsible for this mess.

edit on 21-12-2015 by HardBoiled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

The "natural citizen" of said first world country already had there chance to succeed, if they have any reason to be standing in some line for a hand out, then obviously they relinquished there opportunity to live comfortably... So why not give someone else the opportunity to prosper economically?

You make me sick. Why are ypou trying to make it look like as if the ones complaining are the ones wanting handouts? There is no money to take care of elderly who built this country. Hundreds of thousands of children growing up in poverty.

Why the f should foreigners get anything here as long as we can't even take care of our own.

Don't talk about my country, you have no clue what you are talking about.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: GamleGamle

Well europe has done its fair share in destroying the Middle East & Africa. So causally something like this was to be expected.

What? So because our leaders ran with the US and participated in these illegal wars, us citizens now have to accept and bear these supposed consequences, and dare not complain?

PS. Its bad that politicians circumvent democracy, but is it not ironic that citizens will happily do the same if they feel threatened enough.

Not is not ironic it is logic.

If the democratic process is obviously broken it can't be fixed democratically. You represent everything that is wrong with out country. you are an enemy.
edit on 21-12-2015 by HardBoiled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: HardBoiled

What a ranty little peach you are. Wipe the spit and food off your keyboard before it starts going rancid.

Muslims have been in the Netherlands for five centuries without causing any trouble. They're 5% of the population.

Women have been okay. White nationals have been okay. Jobs have been okay. Poverty levels haven't changed in years.

If you want to call that other guy "full blown traitor," I'm calling you a full blown hysterical fool who doesn't study his own history. You don't even have the common courtesy to be polite to a fellow countryman so its no surprise you hate foreigners.

"Hardboiled?" Like an overcooked egg that stinks when cracked open?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: bonesymphony

I see the agencies took notice of this thread.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join