It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch town riots over asylum centre plan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: HardBoiled

I adequately explained my motivations in one of my posts..... but for comical effect

Do you like Star Wars?
I brought balance to this thread.

Pray tell what have you gotten out of this

Ah I see this is your first thread. Congratulations. Very successful
And newsworthy. However biased. Props and Cheers.
edit on 21-12-2015 by GamleGamle because: Something Extra

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: GamleGamle

That moment where you want to appear to be in control but are not.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
wooff...big discussion

I'm from NL myself and as i do disagree with the current immigration policy i really reject the actions that took place in geldermalsen.

The police did not cause this, there where "professional" rioters who where there just for 1 thing: to fight.

Violence is never the answer.

The problem in Geldermalsen was that they where planning to accept too much immigrants (1500 if memory serves) that's just way to much. I think a smaller amount would have been accepted by the locals.

I don't have the answer to the current problem but straight out refusing all immigrants is not the option.
We have so much compared to folks in the trouble-regions, there must be something we can do (don't know the answer, not my cup-of-tea).

Also, Geert Wilders would be the death of our country. (but that's just my humble opinion)
Sure, he has a few valid points...BUT they are overshadowed with enough stupid ideas that he'd ruin the country if he gets to power.

And btw;
Calling someone a traiter becouse he has a different opinion is a bit midieval in a democratic society where everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Well, this where just my random thoughts about this subject...
ps. sorry for any gramatical errors; i'm Dutch

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You know that there is not very sportsmanlike of you.
Let me tell you something, their is no shame in finding things challenging and confronting even on a forum over the internet. Acting like nothing can hurt my feelings is ill advised even when people here do not have my best interests at heart. Its always better to be honest with myself. Up until this point I was more amused than agitated, but your small little post right their is more hurtful than any of the insults hard boiled threw at me. Such few words but terribly vindictive, its a stab in the back and if that is what gets you of so be it. But such attempts at character assassinations however hurtful will not prevent me from speaking my peace.

Best of wishes to you and may god have mercy on your soul.
edit on 21-12-2015 by GamleGamle because: slight modification

edit on 21-12-2015 by GamleGamle because: Typo's

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tmaniac

The police did not cause this, there where "professional" rioters who where there just for 1 thing: to fight.

I posted the footage that clearly shows the police starting to hit people. Then the ME shows up and they start hiting people just standing there. Only after that the situation escalated.

All 14 people that got arrested are from Geldermalsen.

Calling someone a traiter becouse he has a different opinion is a bit midieval in a democratic society where everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

The problem is that the specific opinion is in support of a situation that is endangering the well being of the Dutch, our country and our culture, therefore TRAITORS.
edit on 21-12-2015 by HardBoiled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Not very Jedi-like.

Mercy upon my soul because I said something you don't like?

Get real.

I have to ask, does your hand hurt from throwing down all those victim cards?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: HardBoiled

The problem is that the specific opinion is in support of a situation that is endangering the well being of the Dutch, our country and our culture, therefore TRAITORS.

so, no freedom of speach then?

Sorry, but it's still an opinion and we live in a free country where everyone can have their own opinion. (even though you don't have to agree with it)
If we would live in a dictatorship you'd be right but we don't.
edit on 21-12-2015 by tmaniac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

My opinion is that you lot are traitors. Apparently I am not allowed to voice my opinion.

Does freedom of speech only apply when it suits you?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Don't have the money.......... we can pull money out of our asses for as long as we need to. We can print money out of thin air. We can leverage our economy to the extremes in racking up debt....... we are in the center of EU power influence sphere.

No we can not, this will become all to clear in the coming 3 to 4 years.
Like i said there is a limit to what we can do, we cannot simply receive so many asylum seekers (refugee is the wrong word since they crossed more than enough safe countries to get to western Europe) without sacrifices.
One of them is plainly visible already, the real refugees are living in camps at or outside the borders of Syria, for them we are doing nothing because we can't handle the influx of asylum seekers.

The question of money, look at Greece, that is our future, they can't print money, neither do we.
the ECB can and it does so with 60 billion a month, the outcome is that it eats away our life savings, our buying power is eroded in favor of big banks who can unload their wrong investments that do not generate enough profit or is toxic.
Any losses that the ECB might have, will be a shared burden for all member states because through the back door every member state pays for the losses which of course means higher national debts.

To be honest, i'm not ashamed like so many portray to be.
But i'm grieving at seeing what this country has become, such corruption and heartlessness, carelessness, even backwardness, even politicians stealing money from the public or even from the homeless, can we sink even lower?
Yes, rob the poor and feed the rich, have a job carousell for many politicians and all those unnecessary extra salaries in care centers, education centers, health care insurance companies, house corporations, public transport, are simply being paid by the public, it is also at the expense of those who actually do the work that is needed.
Thus we see qualified care personnel with the choice to take a salary cut, or leave because they are to expensive, care centres for the elderly are being closed, house rent going way up, degeneration is visible in the whole of our society.

This demonstration is actually quite a step for the dutch people to undertake, the answer was a rather violent riot police which no doubt has, and is currently fuelling anger.
To me these are omen signs of what is to come, we're going to see a lot more of that since our corrupt politics is completely dysfunctional.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

If the EU had limited powers it might not be all bad.
Currently they are running things as if every country in Europe didn't matter.
It has taken thousands of years for the Dutch to become Dutch, French to be French etc,
Each country, culture and people are unique and in my mind a treasure.
The globalist movement to destroy each group and mix everyone up until there is no more unique identities seems quite evil to me. The same as trying to make each person the same, we are not and never will be - it is a crime against Nature and evolution and God.
Sadly, it seems only Western European cultures are self-critical to the point of being suicidal.
EVery country has barbarism and slavery in it's history somewhere.
There is no need to flagellate ourselves over the past and even dumber to try to "make up" for the wrongs of colonialism.
That was a long time ago and we are not to blame for the acts of our ancestors.
We learn and move on but still need to protect and nurture our own lest it be replaced by whatever the globalists have in mind or us.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

your opinion is noted

Maybe we should all start carrying guns as well?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I don't see the relevance between the post you responded to and your mention of carrying guns.

Is there something specific you guys want to see me saying?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Of to the gym, but when I get back I will respond thoroughly to any and all.

Kind Regard

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Don't get crushed by the weight you are trying to push.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

How true, this cannot be forced, yet that is what the EU does.
I would not say self critical, to a point maybe, but we're quite open hearted for people from elsewhere, but there must be a line and clear regulation for immigrants.
Slavery and barbarism is indeed a dark page in the past of the greater part of the world, sadly it is still going on in the middle east and Afrika.
We should see this in the Spirit of the age, in ancient times it was common, black and white slaves, depending on the part of the world, in the 19th century slavery gradually was abolished.
Today it is simply unimaginable to comprehend that it was normal for so many centuries, the world has changed.
This is not something to feel bad about as something that has happened in our past, rather, those who do should use their energy to stop the barbarism and slavery in Africa and the Middle East.
So yes, we agree.

edit on 21-12-2015 by earthling42 because: grammer

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The PTB in western Europe weren't quick enough to eliminate there responsibility and are now left holding the ball...

No sir, this is simply going backwards in human dignity.
For this sole reason the people of Europe will never dispose itself of its responsibility.
Together we stand, divided we fall!
Something the rest of the world seems to have forgotten, they seem to say, "so long as i'm secure, to hell with the rest".
The rest is just as much a human being as we are, with the same needs.
We all should be disgusted about the notion that so many are simply left behind without education and a future for himself and his kids while some spiritual disturbed teachers are indoctrinating them to the point of committing murders.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: HardBoiled
Wow, the blatant anti Dutch "real Dutchmen" are coming out of the woodworks.

I hope people see what's going on here.

Like I said, the thread got noticed.

Unfortunately, it is very obvious what is going on here. It has become very prevalent here at ATS.

The problem is they are very much like the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus. They form in grape like clusters. Most of the time they do no harm, but in large enough groupings, can cause infection, which can be very difficult to treat and is easily spread. They become resistant to common methods of treatment, making them even more difficult to eradicate once they have established themselves into a system.

Human to human contact is their most efficient method for spreading. To date the best method for control is fairly simple and inexpensive. Just wash your hands of them.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: mapsurfer_

If the mass of invading immigrants remain grouped together, they swamp the local governments, voted themselves into office and take over whatever turf they occupy. Seems to be their way of exploiting a weakness in a local democratic government. When large groups of people migrate, they change the landscape and things will never be the same. Why the Muslim nations did not take in the refugees from the beginning is beyond me.

It sounds like you are describing exactly what this woman is saying is the exact game plan.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Well, you just proved my point

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Yes, we had riots in Geldermalsen. But to put things into perspective: we had 300 people INSIDE the city hall to participate in the democratic process, of which 60 had required to speak that evening - and roughly 150 who stayed outside. Mostly because there simply wasn't enough room inside, and some of them did not come from Geldermalsen and hence have no say in the matter. Most of the 150 that stood outside were loud, but otherwise peaceful protesters. Only a very small minority was overstepping the line, which eventually resulted in the police clearing the city hall and 14 arrests.

Housing 1500 refugees in Geldermalsen is seen as a bit much by most in Geldermalsen. Another reason to be a bit skeptical here is that the municipality of Geldermalsen owns a lot of useless land, bought in times when they thought the sky to be the limit so they are eager to turn that land into something that make them a profit, instead of costing them money each year.

Polls show that a large majority (71 percent) of the people of Geldermalsen are actually not against refugees, but simply think that 1500 is a bit much.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join