It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch town riots over asylum centre plan

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Yes, we had riots in Geldermalsen. But to put things into perspective: we had 300 people INSIDE the city hall to participate in the democratic process,

All of whom were there by invite of the city council.

What you also fail to mention is that the plans were made in secret and that word of the plans was leaked and they then decided to hold this charade, after putting fences around the building to keep real people out.

edit on 21-12-2015 by HardBoiled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4DawnHuman to human contact is their most efficient method for spreading. To date the best method for control is fairly simple and inexpensive. Just wash your hands of them.

People aren't bacteria, they are people. The tactics you use are well-known. It are the same tactics used to create an atmosphere in which 6 millions Jews were killed in WW II. Haven't you learned?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: HardBoiledAll of whom were here by invite of the city council.

Well, actually - no. Every citizen of Geldermalsen is free to visit the meetings of the counsil and major. If you want to address the counsil ("inspreken") you need to make an appointment, for simple logistical reasons, nothing else. I have never seen anybody being denied to address the counsil and share their opinions with them.

Normally, people just come and are welcome. However, given the media attention and the fact that many that dislike the idea of refugee camps will travel hundreds of miles and then show up pretending to be local residents, the major decided that everybody needed to register first (using a public mail address) and then show an ID card to prove they were indeed residents of Geldermalsen.

In no way have people been denied access on other grounds than not to be Geldermalsen residents. If anybody that registered had been denied access on any other ground than not to live in the municipality, the media would have been all over it. It did not happen.

What you also fail to mention is that the plans were made in secret and that word of the plans was leaked and they then decided to hold this charade, after putting fences around the building to keep real people out.

It was not a charade - well, no more than any "democratic" procedure can be seen as a charade. It's quite normal to prepare a plan behind closed doors, then present it to the counsil, whom then have their say on it. You can dislike the way the democratic process is executed here, but that's the way it has been done for hundreds of years.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4DawnHuman to human contact is their most efficient method for spreading. To date the best method for control is fairly simple and inexpensive. Just wash your hands of them.

People aren't bacteria, they are people. The tactics you use are well-known. It are the same tactics used to create an atmosphere in which 6 millions Jews were killed in WW II. Haven't you learned?

Yes I have learned.

I have learned that even bacteria are living organisms, and like humans, a huge structure of living organisms, we can be healthy, symbiotic, unhealthy, or deadly.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardBoiled
a reply to: Shamrock6

But as you can see, it did happen. Pigs escalated it, as usual. Smell the bacon.

Ohhhh more name calling. I must ask you to leave the thread now, sir.

Because apparently that's a thing on ATS now? Demanding people leave your thread because you don't like what they have to say?

Yea, looks like the po-po did escalate it. Which, as I said, wasn't exactly clear until that final video was posted.

Still no reason to act like you own the thread though

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Because apparently that's a thing on ATS now? Demanding people leave your thread because you don't like what they have to say?

It was tongue in cheek refering to the riot police in the vid.

Yea, looks like the po-po did escalate it. Which, as I said, wasn't exactly clear until that final video was posted.

Thanks for acknowledging that. I appreciate it.

edit on 21-12-2015 by HardBoiled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Well, actually - no. Every citizen of Geldermalsen is free to visit the meetings of the counsil and major. If you want to address the counsil ("inspreken") you need to make an appointment, for simple logistical reasons, nothing else. I have never seen anybody being denied to address the counsil and share their opinions with them.

This is true, I was wrong about this. This was the case with the council meeting in Purmerend. Several towns with AZC plans held meetings in the last months.

You probably are aware of how they went down. Maybe I should post some of those vids.

However, given the media attention and the fact that many that dislike the idea of refugee camps will travel hundreds of miles and then show up pretending to be local residents,

Although this might be true for some part, let it be clear that there was a crowd of 2,000 people and the vast majority of them were concerned inhabitants.

And again, all the people arrested so far were from Geldermalsen.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

a reply to: ForteanOrgAlthough this might be true for some part, let it be clear that there was a crowd of 2,000 people and the vast majority of them were concerned inhabitants. And again, all the people arrested so far were from Geldermalsen.

Well, no. The police and the various media report there were at best "hundreds" of people. Mind you, it's quite unusual for hundreds of people to demonstrate near a city hall in The Netherlands, so we should not make the mistake to downplay what happened. But no, not 2000.

Most of these demonstrated legally - loudly, but peacefully. A small group of about 20 people stormed towards the city hall and started throwing stones, bottles and firecrackers, which lead to the police forming a defensive line to protect the 300 or so people in the city hall, including the major and the counsil. Eventually 70-80 engaged in the fights. Of these, 14 were arrested. They all were from the municipality. There were also people from Zaltbommel, Neerijnen, Lingewaal and Culemborg.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Most of these demonstrated legally - loudly, but peacefully. A small group of about 20 people stormed towards the city hall and started throwing stones, bottles and firecrackers,

This was after the plice started hitting people that were just standing there. What you say is not supported by the 20 min footage I posted.

But no, not 2000.

This is what the government sponsored broadcasting agency says.

There were also people from Zaltbommel, Neerijnen, Lingewaal and Culemborg.

Says who...and...yes and?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: HardBoiled

You are an extremely unpleasant person. Everyone is used to bigots and their rhetoric around here and is fully within their rights to debate you about any topic. You keep screaming at people to leave the thread. LOL How's that working out for you? I apologize that members aren't leaving you to your hate echo chamber.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Wow. This keeps getting more icky the more I read. Paranoid, self-aggrandising...*backs away slowly* seek help. And like the other guy said please sleep on it and ask for assistance before you do something you and a lot of others will regret forever.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

You keep screaming at people to leave the thread.

What, I told one person to leave the thread and that was completely tongue in cheek refering to the police action in the vids I posted. The person I said this to is a cop and even he admits that my point was correct, after watching the additional footage.

You are an extremely unpleasant person

You seem to be extremely dumb. Do you always present yourself wearing nothing but a bra? Nothing screams intelligence more than flashing your boobs the first time you meet somebody.

edit on 22-12-2015 by HardBoiled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

What did I say that makes me this supposed terrorist? You have no idea what is really going on here. Not a clue.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Paranoid? Read this example.(google translate)

KAATSHEUVEL - Police in Kaatsheuvel keeps people who call to protest against the arrival of asylum seekers strictly monitored. With three people already " entered into a conversation." A fourth police busy. " We do not want to touch freedom of speech, but we do indicate when it goes too far. ''

www.bd.nl...

This is my country nowadays. Police harassing people that call for protest.

People who said nothing that is illegal.

You don't see anything fishy about these sleeper cell members entering the thread getting all personal asking weird questions. Off course you don't. I already said why you wouldn't get it.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

*smirks* you seem awfully hung up on mammaries my paranoid friend. How many threads would you like to bring it up in? But I reject your sexist assertion that my avatar's fashion choices in some way reflects on my intelligence. And I'll be happy to come back later and use your own words in this very thread to illustrate how unpleasant and paranoid you are. Unfortunately I can't be bothered right now as I'm laying in bed on my phone. I'm sure you'll have plenty to do in the meantime.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I see, so you come in here with a big mouth but now you got nothing to say. Go on and be pretty, that seems to be the thing you are good at.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Settle down pumpkin. As I mentioned before I was laying in bed on my phone. I wasn't hunched over my keyboard gnashing my teeth and waiting for you to reply. And then I had to make my husband pancakes. Life marches on. I know you're new and registered on ATS like a minute ago and it's a big and exciting place, but the way forums and threads work is the conversation continues as long as the thread is there. If I want to take 10 days to reply to you I can. After your performance in the other thread it has been determined you are naught but a troll and I don't tango with trolls. But I did tell you I would use your own words to illustrate how you are unpleasant and paranoid and I try to be a woman of my word. So here ya go:

a reply to: Dumbass

Go do your damage control somewhere else.

What do you expect. Here we have a cop trying to make this about poor mistreated cops. Please remove yourself from this area, RIGHT NOW.

I already told you that they started slapping people for being there.

Just because you don't see it in one of the videos I posted doesn't mean it didn't happen.

If anyone is acting all butthurt it is you because I criticised your gang. This thread isn't about you or your sekt members. Vacate the premises NOW! Do you feel lucky....?

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Somebody will probably arm the invaders and together with the ones that were already present here they will be trying to take over Europe at which point people will accept any solution like martial law and death of civil rights.

a reply to: GamleGamle

No it has not. This is what the politically correct leftist scum wants pople to believe.

You are absolutely delusional. You are an enemy of the people.

You are a full blown traitor, exactly like the ones in power responsible for this mess.

a reply to: GamleGamle

You represent everything that is wrong with out country. you are an enemy.

a reply to: bonesymphony

I see the agencies took notice of this thread.

Wow, the blatant anti Dutch "real Dutchmen" are coming out of the woodworks.

I hope people see what's going on here.

Like I said, the thread got noticed.

You don't see anything fishy about these sleeper cell members entering the thread getting all personal asking weird questions. Off course you don't. I already said why you wouldn't get it.

Word to the wise if you're going to stick around ATS. People aren't impressed when you insinuate others are "sleeper cell agents" for disagreeing with you. It makes you sound like (more of) a lunatic. But your mileage may vary. I'd also suggest spending a great deal more time reading the rules. Maybe someday we can have a meaningful discussion about something other than avatars or whatever you're using to troll. Until that time, I'll be taking my leave of replying to you.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

a reply to: ForteanOrgThis was after the plice started hitting people that were just standing there. What you say is not supported by the 20 min footage I posted.

The police was lined up BEHIND the fences that were put there earlier that day. They did not hit "innocent" people, the hit people that were behind the fenceline - after having overrun the fence. They were throwing heavy fireworks, bottles and stones at the police. I don't blame them for hitting your "innocent" people. Also, please note that in my country, the people are very aware of their rights: if the police hits somebody without proper reason, complaints will be filed. Nobody complained.

This is what the government sponsored broadcasting agency says.

Well, sure. And the various other non-government owned commercial stations.

There were also people from Zaltbommel, Neerijnen, Lingewaal and Culemborg. Says who...and...yes and?

Says the police, say the media, the people that were there. There actually is nothing wrong with them being there, but it's not like all that stood there had a DIRECT interest in the matter. Many won't even notice if the center is opened - if it is opened, as the debate which was so brutally interrupted still has to take place.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I see, so you come in here with a big mouth but now you got nothing to say. Go on and be pretty, that seems to be the thing you are good at.

You should read the section about manners and decorum.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Again, what you say is not supported by the footage.

Nobody complained.

BS. Btw, did you hear about the woman beaten half to death by the police?

Well, sure. And the various other non-government owned commercial stations.

I am saying the government sponsored broadcasting agency is claiming the 2,000 number, and vaious other mainstream media is. What are your sources?

Says the police, say the media, the people that were there. There actually is nothing wrong with them being there, but it's not like all that stood there had a DIRECT interest in the matter. Many won't even notice if the center is opened - if it is opened, as the debate which was so brutally interrupted still has to take place.

Whatever, we alll know that the 2,000 people crowd was made up by towns people, for the biggest part. And if people are willing to travel to protest then that says something too.

You should read the section about manners and decorum.

You should send an alert to the mods.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join