It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China accuses US of serious military provocation (12/10/2015)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You need to revisit history.

So the Berlin Wall was great? The formation of the USSR was great?

The Middle East was done well?

France in Indochina followed by America ... was that great too?

The Marcos Regime was great too?

Well, perhaps our view of world history is different then.

P

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The USSR was a direct result of Germany sending Lenin to overthrow the Czar to remove them from WWI. The Berlin wall was a result of people not liking USSR occupation / E. German puppet government. The exodus to the west was an embarrassment to the USSR / E. German government so they built a wall to stop the exodus.

The boundaries in the ME was a result of the UK and France after WWII.

French Indochina was a result of Japanese occupation when France fell to the Nazis. After WWII France tried to re-establish control and failed. US involvement came when the north invaded the South.

The Marcos regime was awful.. just like the Castro regime, the N. Korean regime, or the Ceausescu regime...

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: intrptr

And it doesn't change the fact china is wrong...

You mean illegal?

Look to the log in your own eye…

If it was just the US you would have a point BUT the UN Agrees this time(abstaining russia and china) China has no right to build a Island then claim its soverign territory. that law was written before this was even a issue. Manmade islands outside the 12 mile waters of a nation making the claim have no legal claim of territorial waters.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

In all fairness, the B-52s should have been retire forty years ago. The have been retrofitted with modern navigation equipment, but it often crashes, forcing the pilot to fly by dead reckoning. It is altogether possible they did not realize how close they were getting to Chinese airspace. (meaning, the airspace China is legally entitled to, not the "nine dashes" it claims.)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: 727Sky

In all fairness, the B-52s should have been retire forty years ago. The have been retrofitted with modern navigation equipment, but it often crashes, forcing the pilot to fly by dead reckoning. It is altogether possible they did not realize how close they were getting to Chinese airspace. (meaning, the airspace China is legally entitled to, not the "nine dashes" it claims.)

Manmade islands HAVE no airspace outside the chinese territorial waters though. Their claims are moot. Hey i know lets influence some somali pirates to go attack them instead.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

You need to revisit history.

So the Berlin Wall was great? The formation of the USSR was great?

We had little choice with Russia since we decided not to go to war with them. This was a lot different than what France and the Brits were doing in spiting up the Ottoman Empire. BTW our side of the Berlin war did fantastic so yes we did well. Can't blame what the Russian did on us.

The Middle East was done well?

No it was horrible, as example Iraq should have been 3 countries and not one big one, but I was correct in the French and Brits lead all that, so what is your point when I just stated in my other post who were really the ones to screw up the Middle East.

France in Indochina followed by America ... was that great too?

I'm trying to understand what the Vietnam war has to do with my post of who was responsible in splitting up land after WWII, and I do not see the connection, but anyhow, this was a failed attempt to keep Communism out of there, not anything to do with creating borders.

The Marcos Regime was great too?

Another disconnect here with my post. We didn't put him in power we just supported whoever was in power. The Philippine people let him be president for 20 years then they removed him and we didn't stop them from doing that either, so what is your point? A little personal history, I was there during the whole removal of him and I was part of a 3 ship C-141 that flew him and his large entourage out of there. He wasn't the first corrupt president nor the last.

Well, perhaps our view of world history is different then.

Well, perhaps if you read my post again you will understand what it was related to.

edit on 20-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
THe Chinese government must be taking lessons in complaining from American college students.
Take a baseless charge then deny the truth while crying about how unfair it is.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

THe Chinese government must be taking lessons in complaining from American college students.

Amazing that those with really no responsibility have so much to complain about.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

If it was just the US you would have a point BUT the UN Agrees this time(abstaining russia and china)

Of course. The UN is headquartered in New York, far from China and Russia. If it wasn't such a divided organization and 'bigger country more say' organization, I might listen to that argument, too.

The UN conveniently overlooks huge injustices all the time. Or gives lip service to the loudest bombs.

Every US installation is sovereign US territory no matter what country it occupies. Korea, Japan, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Guam, etc, etc. You want to pull the log from your eye, as well. China sets to establishing a "forward base" and ooh, lets pull out the UN Charter…

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It's not a forward base, it's an attempt to claim thousands of hectares worth of mineral rights, much of which legally belong to other countries. Look up "China's nine dashes." They are trying to claim Phillipine, Indonesian, and Viet Namese offshore drilling rights as their own!

It's only a matter of time until they cross the Russians in the Sea of Japan. I'm looking forward to seeing where you stand on that one.
edit on 20-12-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

It's only a matter of time until they cross the Russians in the Sea of Japan. I'm looking forward to seeing where you stand on that one.

Pffft…
Where I stand is always simple. US out of everywhere, Yankee go home!
Goddamn meddlesome greedy warmongering control freaks.

edit on 20-12-2015 by intrptr because: YouTube

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Jealous much?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

China has vowed to never back down from its aggressive territorial expansion into the South China Sea because it would shame their ancestors. What their ancestors would say about angering all their neighbors by building fake islands in the middle of the ocean is still unknown. China is locked in territorial conflicts with the Philippines, Vietnam, Brunei, and Malaysia over what amounts to $5 trillion dollars a year in shipping lanes. And sharing does not seem to be an option.

Guess they have to do it, in order to honour their ancestors, just like they did during the cultural revolution.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Actually, the Cinese creation myth involves the ancestors dredging mud up out of water to form the land!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Where I stand is always simple. US out of everywhere, Yankee go home!
Goddamn meddlesome greedy warmongering control freaks.

Funny how when the US leaves a country they are ultimately asked back for one reason or another.

Just look to the Philippines to see that...

That’s likely to change as the U.S. and Philippine governments work out the details of an agreement that will boost America’s military presence in the islands to significant numbers for the first time since the U.S. bases were shut down two decades ago after an impasse was reached on negotiating a new lease.

www.stripes.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Look CHinas legally wrong on this. you can argue till the cows come home,but you cant deny it.(you will but youre flat wrong)

Also US bases are on LAND and not made out of INTERNATIONAL WATERS SEABEDS. they are illegal islands and have no rights period.

Also US bases are returned to their respective nations when no longer needed or wanted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join