It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China accuses US of serious military provocation (12/10/2015)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

In this case illegal and wrong are one in the same. Surely even you must see that.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

They’ve persuaded Obama to be TOUGH with them since he is considered wimpy on all other matters going on now.

Obama should get tough with ISIS and leave the Chinese to their little f___ up island out of nowhere

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
[SNIP]

Mod Note: Do not post exact copies of the same post in the same thread. It's called "Flooding" and is against the ATS Terms and Conditions
edit on 12/20/2015 by eriktheawful because: Duplicate Post, Same Thread.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
i personally have no problem with america attacking china. its about time they picked a fight with someone who deserves it.

Lol lets say we went to war with China. China would lose it's top customer and a hell of a lot of GNP, we would also write off the 1.2 trillion dollars we owe them too. SWEET! And what are they going to do? Ground war, naw, own the skies, naw, invade with ships, naw...lol They got only nukes and that is about it and many might be surprised how good our anti- missile capabilities are now, so would they even get here is a good question to think about.

edit on 19-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
I am stunned at the near mindless and robotic sliming of the U.S..

Zero objectivity. Zero balance.

Any argument supporting the U.S. is met with Neocon extremist labels. Outright shills? Just fear dominated cowards?

It is almost beyond any reasonable explanation.

It's pretty much a requirement to join ATS at this point:

1. Blame America
2. Slam Obama for everything ever

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Plantagenet

and back on topic creating an island does not grant them sovereignty and by extension no territorial waters nor sovereign airspace. The provocation is coming from the Chinese who is ignoring UNCLOS.

Do everyone a favor and quit posing legal arguments, US lost legal credibility a long time ago. China isn't flying nuclear strike aircraft over US "claimed" territory.

But if they do, I'm sure you'll be the first to complain.

Seriously

China is crying like a little girl. We're just flying some planes around not touching anyone or hurting anything.

They act like they can't fly planes around, too. There's lots of space in the sky for both countries to fly some planes.

It's like if I came over to your house and put my chair on the sidewalk outside your house. I then claim that it's my sidewalk and you can't drive or walk anywhere near it. If you even look at my sidewalk, we're going to have some problems. MINE.

Seriously. The Chinese are children. Hopefully Trump will straighten them out.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Do everyone a favor and quit posing legal arguments, US lost legal credibility a long time ago. China isn't flying nuclear strike aircraft over US "claimed" territory.

And who said the B52 they flew over the island was carrying a nuke...because they don't use them just for that.

I guess actually following the law isn't what your about is it?

This has nothing to do with the US legal credibility it has to do with violating international law, or does that not matter as long as you can bash the US?

The fact they built it in international waters and think they can do it without a problem is funny, but you defending them is even funnier.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OhOkYeah

We're just flying some planes around not touching anyone or hurting anything.

Thats what I would expect the military to snicker.

Not just "some planes"…

This plane:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

And who said the B52 they flew over the island was carrying a nuke…

Explain it to the Chinese, not me.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

In this case illegal and wrong are one in the same. Surely even you must see that.

I've never understood the opinion on ATS that since America has done "X" at some point in their history we can't discuss annnnybody else in the world doing X. Or Y. Or Z.

"China has done this one thing." Yea but America did this thing this other time so how dare you try and discuss China doing it!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

We're just flying some planes around not touching anyone or hurting anything.

Thats what I would expect the military to snicker.

Not just "some planes"…

This plane:

Yep. It's a cool plane and it's probably fun to fly it around sometimes.

USA is not going to bomb China and they know it. They are just acting like little girls and crying to get attention.

I say we nuke them just for acting like bitches

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: nwtrucker
I am stunned at the near mindless and robotic sliming of the U.S..

Zero objectivity. Zero balance.

Any argument supporting the U.S. is met with Neocon extremist labels. Outright shills? Just fear dominated cowards?

It is almost beyond any reasonable explanation.

It's pretty much a requirement to join ATS at this point:

1. Blame America
2. Slam Obama for everything ever

Number one, without doubt.

Number two? Perhaps. I, for one. have no need to blame 'everything ever' on Obama. No need getting creative as there's plenty he can be held accountable for without invention.....

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

so somebody starts walking back and forth in front of your house holding a shotgun at all hours of the day and night peeking in the windows as they do
youre cool with this?

oh im speaking with a lunatic who deals in flights of fancy
i thought we were having a real discussion for a second there
edit on 19-12-2015 by fartlordsupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: fartlordsupreme

As opposed to the one that actually shoots at you after claiming your yard? Or physically blocks you from using your own driveway, even though they live three houses down?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This means absolutely nothing. China is going to complain publicly about the US so that it remains consistent. It would never do anything to challenge the US. When it does challenge other people like Vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan, Japan etc. it can claim that its position on this matter has been constant. China is not stupid they have zero wish to tangle with the US but, they also can look as if they are being scared off from the position they have claimed.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: fartlordsupreme

so somebody starts walking back and forth in front of your house holding a shotgun at all hours of the day and night peeking in the windows as they do
youre cool with this?

oh im speaking with a lunatic who deals in flights of fancy
i thought we were having a real discussion for a second there

You're so quick to defend your Chinese role models

Can't wait till they take over and you're turned into a slave for the Chinese

We'll see how much you defend them when that happens

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OhOkYeah

a reply to: Plantagenet

and back on topic creating an island does not grant them sovereignty and by extension no territorial waters nor sovereign airspace. The provocation is coming from the Chinese who is ignoring UNCLOS.

But if they do, I'm sure you'll be the first to complain.

Seriously

China is crying like a little girl. We're just flying some planes around not touching anyone or hurting anything.

They act like they can't fly planes around, too. There's lots of space in the sky for both countries to fly some planes.

It's like if I came over to your house and put my chair on the sidewalk outside your house. I then claim that it's my sidewalk and you can't drive or walk anywhere near it. If you even look at my sidewalk, we're going to have some problems. MINE.

Seriously. The Chinese are children. Hopefully Trump will straighten them out.

www.youtube.com...

Actually not a bad image but I would have said chair in the road in front of your house and everyone has to get permission from me to drive by the once public road. The whole claim by China is absurd and one way or the other China 's resolve and those in S.E. Asia will be tested.. It is just hard for me to understand China's reasoning.. Maybe the air pollution is finally having an effect on their military thinking ?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This whole thread has turned into posturing and penis waving.

How about people start by looking at why China and other countries all want to claim this area and what claims may have some validity.

Post WW2, it was the US and Great Britain that redrew countries boundaries all over the world.

Just look at the Middle East to determine the mess made by drawing lines on a map. The plight of the Kurds is just one example.

Post WW2 China was in a civil war. She was in no position to object to what was happening outside her land borders. Islands that were formally under Chinese control for centuries were given away to others including Japan. All of this was done to limit the spread of Communism.

Historically, China was the only maritime force in the South China Sea and the Chinese were capable of easily crossing oceans. China has a claim! So do other surrounding Nations.

The US is not a surrounding Nation, they are a Super Power.

Bluntly, the US made this mess in the first place.

China has a claim, weak or strong ... it is a claim with some merit.

What they all need is a round table discussion, but it won't happen.

The Western Energy Corporations want the natural resources under the South China Sea. So does China!

P

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

i think so too. america would wipe the floor with china. but this doesn't really solve anything. but i hate the Chinese so i want it to happen anyway. is that bad?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Post WW2, it was the US and Great Britain that redrew countries boundaries all over the world.

Just look at the Middle East to determine the mess made by drawing lines on a map. The plight of the Kurds is just one example.

Actually it was the French and Brits. We basically kept to Japan and Germany and they turned out great.

<< 1    3 >>

join