It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China accuses US of serious military provocation (12/10/2015)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I do not know where all this will end up; but one does have to wonder, no ? IMO China is in the wrong but so far, the who, what, and where of stopping them is the question in my mind and at what cost ?

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

BEIJING (AP) — China on Saturday accused the U.S. of committing a "serious military provocation" by flying an Air Force B-52 strategic bomber over a Chinese-controlled man-made island in the South China Sea.

China's Defense Ministry said in a statement that the U.S. is deliberately raising tensions in the disputed region where China has been aggressively asserting its claims to virtually all islands, reefs and their surrounding seas.

"The actions by the U.S. side constitute a serious military provocation and are rendering more complex and even militarizing conditions in the South China Sea.," the statement said. It demanded Washington immediately take measures to prevent such incidents and damage to relations between the two nations' militaries.

The statement said Chinese military personnel on the island went on high alert during the Dec. 10 overflight and issued warnings demanding the aircraft leave the area. As it has in past, the ministry also said it would take whatever necessary measures to protect China's sovereignty and security.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Seriously is there any non NATO country USA hasn't bombed invaded sabotaged or otherwise provoked?

2016 is looking to be calamitous if 2015 is any indication of US/NATO ruthlessness

Russia & China r Earth's only hope for the human race, lest benevolent ET intervene!

edit on 19-12-2015 by Plantagenet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Plantagenet

and back on topic creating an island does not grant them sovereignty and by extension no territorial waters nor sovereign airspace. The provocation is coming from the Chinese who is ignoring UNCLOS.
edit on 19-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Seriously is there any non NATO country USA hasn't bombed invaded sabotaged or otherwise provoked?

Building land and claiming it's theirs, in international waters is provoking China? Get a grip. What happens when they start pumping sand right next to you, wherever you come from?

Russia & China r Earth's only hope for the human race, lest benevolent ET intervene!

You've got to be kidding, right?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It's just posturing by both sides. China is just over dramatic.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

So two countries that have horrendous human rights violations are the only hope for the human race...

Good one that has me laughing,

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Yes there is, but that wouldn't change your mindset either way now would it?

Are there any countries that used to be former Russian federation countries Russia hasn't sabotaged, tried to retake or invade?

Works both ways.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Well apparently the rest of the countries around that area are glad to see the US doing what they are doing.

thediplomat.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
i personally have no problem with america attacking china. its about time they picked a fight with someone who deserves it.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Good bye China.
If you are actually of the opinion they can take us on and they should you are a self serving person who has a failed sense of reason.
If you want nuclear war to occur you are effectively demented by depression ,you should get that looked at

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I am stunned at the near mindless and robotic sliming of the U.S..

Zero objectivity. Zero balance.

Any argument supporting the U.S. is met with Neocon extremist labels. Outright shills? Just fear dominated cowards?

It is almost beyond any reasonable explanation.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Ummm...I have to agree...I wonder how china might react if some international games player were to build islands 12.1 NM off of their mainland coast...I wonder if they would be as conciliatory and welcome the new extension of say the US sphere right up on their doorstep...Perhaps they might see the error of their ways...

YouSir
edit on 19-12-2015 by YouSir because: I...know...right...?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think the US could take anyone in the world on.

They just better hope the rest of them don't join together.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I guess all those hacks over the years from our Chinese friends were just what?

Can't wait for the zombie apocalypse to occur there.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

China just might as well understand when its dealing with the US state department, and military, its dealing with a childish bully and a brat.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And it doesn't change the fact china is wrong...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

and back on topic creating an island does not grant them sovereignty and by extension no territorial waters nor sovereign airspace. The provocation is coming from the Chinese who is ignoring UNCLOS.

Do everyone a favor and quit posing legal arguments, US lost legal credibility a long time ago. China isn't flying nuclear strike aircraft over US "claimed" territory.

But if they do, I'm sure you'll be the first to complain.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: intrptr

And it doesn't change the fact china is wrong...

You mean illegal?

Look to the log in your own eye…

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join