It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb, Bomb, Bomb...Bomb Agrabah

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

How you word it maybe?

An "arab sounding" name, playing on fears, legit or otherwise...

Of course they can be traps. Now, you have to walk into it willingly, on that I agree.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It was a fairly lengthy poll. And, yes, to the playing on fears part. For sure.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I thought the title was lyrics to a punk rock song! Shows how much I know.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ditchweed
I thought the title was lyrics to a punk rock song! Shows how much I know.

Rock the casbah dude, rock the casbah.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Ambrose Bierce

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Here, let me poll you.

Would you support or oppose bombing Agrabah?

I would oppose, my kids liked Aladdin.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
When I was in HS, actually worked for a market research firm, mostly doing interviews about consumer products. It is interesting the answers you can get depending on how you word a question.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Very true...but there's a lot of underlying "stuff" here that could be read into it, as many have already mentioned. This question in particular wasn't worded in a particularly tricky way.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Very true...but there's a lot of underlying "stuff" here that could be read into it, as many have already mentioned. This question in particular wasn't worded in a particularly tricky way.

I agree, and while jaded by the work I did in HS, a loooong time ago, I take polls with a grain of salt.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Mecca's a Much better Target

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Better to go out of your way spending you time slamming a political side, then half the energy trying to unite people. Hey but to each there own. Glad this is what our true patriots, with intelligence spend there time on. Well done good sir, well done.
Edit so that you know i add my star and flags for your true and incredible uniting presence on these forums.
edit on 18-12-2015 by madwilly because: forgot something

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
LOL

Public Policy Polling (PPP) is a U.S. polling firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina.[1] PPP was founded in 2001 by businessman Dean Debnam, the firm's current president and chief executive officer.[2]

PPP is described as one of the "most accurate" polling companies[3][4] and also as a "Democratic-leaning"[5] polling company because it polls only for Democratic and progressive campaigns and organizations on a private basis.

In addition to political issues, the company has polled the public on such diverse topics as the approval rating of God,[6] whether Republican voters believe President Obama would be eligible to enter heaven in the event of the Rapture[7] and whether hipsters should be subjected to a special tax for being annoying

DDD

Another credible Left Wing "source".

Well they actually are. They have been remarkably accurate compared to actual results. That is the beauty about polls, you can compare them to actual results and see if they are accurate.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Polls depend greatly upon the wording. This particular poll was a trap. Nothing more.

No, it really wasn't. Not this time round.
Did you actually read the question in the actual poll....(it's page five)

December 16-17, 2015 Survey of 532 Republican primary voters December 16-17, 2015 Survey of 532 Republican primary voters 3020 Highwoods Blvd. Raleigh, NC 27604 [email protected] / 888 621-6988 3020 Highwoods Blvd. Raleigh, NC 27604 [email protected] / 888 621-6988 Q35 Would you support or oppose creating a national database of Muslims in the United States? 46% Support a national database of Muslims in the United States ............................................ 37% Oppose a national database of Muslims in the United States ............................................Not Sure 17%

That one is just as insane to me, but hey, that's just me. That's not Nazi-esque at all

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: madwilly

Better to go out of your way spending you time slamming a political side, then half the energy trying to unite people. Hey but to each there own. Glad this is what our true patriots, with intelligence spend there time on. Well done good sir, well done.
Edit so that you know i add my star and flags for your true and incredible uniting presence on these forums.

I have observed this site for many years, with all of the pundits, InfoWars, FoxNews, etc. , I don't think there is any uniting anymore. The left has it sources as well, and they do us no favors. With the ignorance being spread, I am tired of trying to refute it, instead I will expose it, repubs in this country say some incredibly stupid crap, and every time I find it, will expose it for what it is. Democrats say some stupid crap too, and if it violates my ideas, will expose it too. I am tired, there are some damned ignorant people in this world, and I am tired of them affecting my life.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Arab sounding references go back a long ways. We been conditioned ever since forever.

From 1957…

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I to have observed the site for many years, and your right. I was wrong to single out this post and its op. Its so far gone on both sides now, i can only fear what the outcome will be. Lucidity for that i am sorry. Part of it is just pain to see my country men fighting like this. I'm more afraid of the event that will bring us all together than i am of all this petty complaining.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: madwilly

I to have observed the site for many years, and your right. I was wrong to single out this post and its op. Its so far gone on both sides now, i can only fear what the outcome will be. Lucidity for that i am sorry. Part of it is just pain to see my country men fighting like this. I'm more afraid of the event that will bring us all together than i am of all this petty complaining.

I don't think it is too far gone, those of us in the middle need to stand up, and shut down the fringe. You, I, and Lucidity, over a beer, probably have far more in common, than what separates us. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and the fringe is the loudest.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
From the OP's source:

Public Policy Polling also polled Democratic primary voters: only 19% of them said they would support bombing Agrabah, while 36% said they would oppose it.

I think it's pretty telling that 36% of those Democratic voters polled would oppose bombing a fictional city.

Just saying...

edit on 12/18/2015 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The tipping point I think is closer than any of us want to admit. That being said, life is pretty much the same, the person screaming the loudest most the time has no idea what they are screaming about. A beer and a face to face with most of the people on this sight would bring about at the very least a respect for the person we are reading. Squeaky wheel gets no grease if respect is built between different opinions and the people that bring them.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
From the OP's source:

Public Policy Polling also polled Democratic primary voters: only 19% of them said they would support bombing Agrabah, while 36% said they would oppose it.

I think it's pretty telling that 36% of those Democratic voters polled would oppose bombing a fictional city.

Just saying...

Uh... why?

If you knew it was a fictional city, would you say not sure instead?

That poll is pretty interesting. They divided Democrat voters into racial groups, but not Republican. Hispanics were much more decisive overall; they both opposed and supported bombing Agrabah the most - with the least unsure.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join